What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xul

Noob
Okay, so I've been a loyal fan of the MK series for most of my life and will always support the game and NR. I purchased the Xbox One version of the game and the PC version of the game. Im also an arcade hobbyist who built an arcade cabinet and themed it for MKX, which runs the game via PC. I haven't experienced issues with the game on PC - it runs fine and they only thing I had to do to get my IPAC controls to work was use a script with vjoy. I dont notice a difference between the xbox version vs the PC. It's always ran great.

I'm upset with the PC version not getting the XL update. So far, I think people have just sent NR/WB studios hate mail. What if we did something that sent more of a message - Gofundme.com or hell - how about a 'we the people' petition (I think its funny) but let's but show them that the PC version is still needs support and we are willing to pay for it.

If that doesnt work - i'm looking at the modding community. I'd put that money (gofundme cash) to the modding direction if they could reproduce. Maybe a tad nieve but hey... just thinking out loud...

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
I am not paying them for them to continue support the PC version. Customers already paid the same price as the console version so it is reasonable to expect the same level of support. Besides they made a lot of money already. Even if they lose money it is the right thing to do.

Xul

Noob
You wouldnt be paying them for anything you wouldnt be recieving. If you want the XL update - you pay for it. If not, ignore this completely. :DOGE

Okay, so I've been a loyal fan of the MK series for most of my life and will always support the game and NR. I purchased the Xbox One version of the game and the PC version of the game. Im also an arcade hobbyist who built an arcade cabinet and themed it for MKX, which runs the game via PC. I haven't experienced issues with the game on PC - it runs fine and they only thing I had to do to get my IPAC controls to work was use a script with vjoy. I dont notice a difference between the xbox version vs the PC. It's always ran great.

I'm upset with the PC version not getting the XL update. So far, I think people have just sent NR/WB studios hate mail. What if we did something that sent more of a message - Gofundme.com or hell - how about a 'we the people' petition (I think its funny) but let's but show them that the PC version is still needs support and we are willing to pay for it.

If that doesnt work - i'm looking at the modding community. I'd put that money (gofundme cash) to the modding direction if they could reproduce. Maybe a tad nieve but hey... just thinking out loud...
We've already paid for it. You know I'm fine with people giving NRS the benefit of the doubt and I respect how often their staff shows up at local events and supports the game. But somebody there needs to put their foot down and push back against WB if they are indeed the cause for this lack of customer service. I think if I look through my post history I was pretty outspoken about the Goro Pre-order shenanigans and the precedent it was setting with NRS titles, I hoped I was wrong but these decisions continue to reinforce that suspicion.

The MK series is quickly losing me as a fan, especially when other companies like IG are doing a much better job at supporting their customer base. And you can't tell me the Microsoft is any better than WB when it comes to corporate greed. Yet some how they are making it work.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I just got a XIM4 myself like 2 weeks ago. One of the best purchases I've made for gaming. PC is a wasteland for multiplayer on most triple A titles. I love KB+M and hate controller so I never switched before this, but now that I have I am so glad as the player base on PS4 is so ridiculously larger. If you are playing multiplayer games on PC for anything that's also on console you are missing out in most cases.
Yeah I have a XIM4 too, and it works incredibly well. I bought it mainly for Destiny, but the aim assist in that game is so damn high it actually makes KB&M harder to use because of the drag around critical spots. I am definitely going to use it in other shooters though for sure.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Just buy SFV already.

PC support is guaranteed since it's a crossplatform game (can't play against PS4 players if you don't have the same balance patches etc) + they just released a cinematic story trailer, the only thing that was missing compared to the MK experience, really, was a good story mode.

And that "story patch" comes for free on summer ...

Funny that Capcom chooses to handle online right and ONLY THEN decides to work on shallow shit like story mode.

Funny in the fact that NRS/WB did the opposite lol

After checking out this thread for some time, I can say surely there is no such a thing like a "MK X community".
First of all, to those who summon this platform wars nonsense, are just a bunch of ***** because the platform you play has nothing to do with these shady NRS business practices.
We are talking that some portion of the players (community?) are being ripped off, despite the fact they got a half - 4ss3d product, it sold 500.000 copies, many of these copies were sold at 80$, this is not good and show how compromised feels NRS/WB to their fanbase or at least part of it.
Then after QLOC fix the mess HVS left, the game had 74k players in the last two weeks before this "KP2 coming to consoles only", of course right now it pretty sure that MKX is a desert on Steam, because who wants to play that now?. I want to recall this because some people claim there was only 1000-2000 people playing this, when thats a PEAK number, showing the most quantity of players at the time you visit the game hub on Steam, not the total players that has been playing on the day/week/month. For checking how many players are still on the game, check Steamspy.
But of course, Fighting games are a niche because this, players care most about the platform the play on than the game itself.
Im not surprised after seeing how PS4/XBOX ONE players treated their PS3/XBOX360 fellows after NRS announced the drop of MKX in those consoles, just check out SRK/EVENTHUBS post about this and read the comments.

Wii U Injustice then MKX PC, whats next? Xbox One? Then some PS4 owners will come to tell other players "they chose the wrong console", "Xbox one RIP", etc.

Wii U Injustice then MKX PC, whats next? Xbox One? Then some PS4 owners will come to tell other players "they chose the wrong console", "Xbox one RIP", etc.
Lol this is precisely what would happen. You say it jokingly but there are a ton of people who who defend proprietary exclusives. There is absolutely no benefit to the customer for doing this it just segments the community and feeds into fanboyism. The only exception is when one of the console manufacturers pay to make an otherwise dead game happen. Bayonetta 2 for Wii U for example. But Tomb Raider for X1 and Street Fighter for PS4, it's just garbage fortunately they both have PC releases but they should be available on all platforms.

Jim Sterling says a few words about WB:

Also a link to the article where he goes into more detail:
http://www.thejimquisition.com/2016/01/the-bullshit-roundup-randy-lies-ea-cries-mortal-kombat-dies/
It's a shame because WB does make fantastic games, but they keep getting slammed for their bullshit DLC and premature ultimate editions. If they just cooled it with the DLC and put a little more care into their PC ports they'd easily be one of the best publishers in the business. It's like watching a runner winning a race trip over themselves and do a faceplant a foot away from the finish line.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
WB is more worried about their stock holders. They have people on auction who have been promised this and that time of release to increase income, and they rush the game release so much so that they'd rather release a fkin unplayable game, then make their stockholders on auction unhappy. That's the sad reality. But we can try to use some legal steps against those bishes still.

TH3DISTURBED1

"Never say 'never'
One of the things I'd really like is for them to at least come out and say it to everyone, not just a one sentence response on a message board. It's pretty painful when I bought all the 3D MKs (during which the games mostly sucked) because I love MK. I bought MK9 on both Steam and Xbox 360, including all DLC on the 360. This is just unreal.

One thing that we as gamers must understand is that we only have say and pull with the developers if we stick together. This infighting is exactly what they want. It's easier to shit on a section of the community if half of us (or more) don't care about what they did. Next time, it could be console gamers. Just remember what happened with AC:Unity and Batman: Arkham Knight. If we don't want that for anyone, we have to stick together and say that we want what we paid for or we won't buy again.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
One of the things I'd really like is for them to at least come out and say it to everyone, not just a one sentence response on a message board. It's pretty painful when I bought all the 3D MKs (during which the games mostly sucked) because I love MK. I bought MK9 on both Steam and Xbox 360, including all DLC on the 360. This is just unreal.

One thing that we as gamers must understand is that we only have say and pull with the developers if we stick together. This infighting is exactly what they want. It's easier to shit on a section of the community if half of us (or more) don't care about what they did. Next time, it could be console gamers. Just remember what happened with AC:Unity and Batman: Arkham Knight. If we don't want that for anyone, we have to stick together and say that we want what we paid for or we won't buy again.
It's quite clear that PC players will never have what they paid for.

And never buying again is already decided when it comes to the MK PC community I think, considering there's like thousands of people shitstorming Steam reviews over the past few days.

Good luck selling IGAU2 on PC now, especially since IGAU was far from a stellar port ... and now MKX ass-raping NRS fans some more.

Unless they bundle vaseline with their next game ... something they should have considered for years when I think about it :)

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
Lol this is precisely what would happen. You say it jokingly but there are a ton of people who who defend proprietary exclusives. There is absolutely no benefit to the customer for doing this it just segments the community and feeds into fanboyism. The only exception is when one of the console manufacturers pay to make an otherwise dead game happen. Bayonetta 2 for Wii U for example. But Tomb Raider for X1 and Street Fighter for PS4, it's just garbage fortunately they both have PC releases but they should be available on all platforms.
I think by looking at this thread, console players are giving those AAA dev some sort of precedents that it's ok to scrap one platform and continue with other platform eventhough both platform already released and paid by the customers at the same time.

Basically we're showing them that it's we're totally cool for them to be a dick to one platform, while continueing other platform.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'm considering to not purchase anything from KP2 on XB1, but it's going to be difficult with the borgs. I was approved for a refund for KP1 on Steam since I purchased it days before this mess. I was preparing to play exclusively on PC and sell my bone. Guess I'm gonna have to hang on to it.

PC exclusive player here. I want continued support as much as the next guy but remember to be thankful of you have. As it is currently, the PC port is pretty solid and any future content is really just bonus but I see people saying they should get refunded. XL/KP2 didn't screw us over, it's just giving more to console players, and overreacting to that is acting spoiled in my book. I hate to use the cliché "there's people starving in Africa thing," but you're comparing yourself to people who are getting more and not people who are getting less.

Things to be thankful for:
-The PC port being up to standards with the PC version. Of course it may not be perfect, but that's due to varying hardware (whereas consoles are static)
-Probably why I'm more calm about this than some is that since I don't have a local scene here, 90% of my appreciate for MKX comes from watching tournaments, and I heavily look forward to watching competitors play kp2 as well as buffed low-tiers.
-If you only own PS4 you don't get KI. If you only own Xbox1 you don't get SF5. If you own PC you get both, but sometimes you can't have everything.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it

PC exclusive player here. I want continued support as much as the next guy but remember to be thankful of you have. As it is currently, the PC port is pretty solid and any future content is really just bonus but I see people saying they should get refunded. XL/KP2 didn't screw us over, it's just giving more to console players, and overreacting to that is acting spoiled in my book. I hate to use the cliché "there's people starving in Africa thing," but you're comparing yourself to people who are getting more and not people who are getting less.

Things to be thankful for:
-The PC port being up to standards with the PC version. Of course it may not be perfect, but that's due to varying hardware (whereas consoles are static)
-Probably why I'm more calm about this than some is that since I don't have a local scene here, 90% of my appreciate for MKX comes from watching tournaments, and I heavily look forward to watching competitors play kp2 as well as buffed low-tiers.
-If you only own PS4 you don't get KI. If you only own Xbox1 you don't get SF5. If you own PC you get both, but sometimes you can't have everything.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it
This sounds like machocism but everyone is free to their opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.