What's new

Female Characters

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!!! We are all ignoring the best possible female this game could ever have............. remember "I can see the headlines"............ we are ignoring the fact that this female would be the most powerful, strong and best female this game could possibly get (After Zatanna and Black Canary or course)
.......... VICKI VALE!!!!!!!

And why do you feel that female characters are less deserving of slots?
Besides, we're looking for new characters, not Rule 69ing the ones we have.
There are not that many characters in the DC universe who deserve to be in a fighting game with limited roster and DC comics are the main reason for that.

Why?
Because DC comics always had their big 7 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman).
These few characters and then they started ripping their own characters off and coming up with new characters, but who were basically the same characters with other personalities.
Why?
I guess DC was thinking "never change a winning system" and because of that we're not stuck with:

Superman > Supergirl > Superboy > Power Girl > Krypto, the Superdog > Superhorse, Supercat, Supermonkey and so on...
Batman > Grayson Robin > Todd Robin > Drake Robin > Wayne Robin > few other Robins > Batwoman > Batgirl > many others...
Wonder Woman > Wonder Girl > Donna Troy > Artemis
Martian Manhunter > thank God there is no one else who is even worth being mentioned (fuck Young Justice)
Flash: Jay Garrick > Barry Allen > Wally West > Bart Allen > Max Mercury > Few other Speedsters > Few Speed based villains
Green Lantern: Alan Scott > Hal Jordan > Guy Gardner > John Stewart > Kyle Rayner > Few other Green Lanterns > Few other Lantern colors
Aquaman > is the worst of them all, because of all the various kinds of goldfish and dolphins that come together with him...

So with such a way of introducing characters, how many female characters do you see being in the game, if we already have the exact same character in the game already like for example Superman > Supergirl and Batman > Batgirl.
Them just being female characters shouldn't justify having them in the game, because they're simply inferior to their counterparts; in terms of marketing-success, representation, abilities, popularity, simply everything.

You would have to dig deep to come up with female DC characters who are relevant enough to be in the game and not to steal spots from higher demanded characters.
Why having Poison Ivy in the game if more people demand Martian Manhunter? Why having Poison Ivy in the game, if the roster is already full with Batman characters and Swamp Thing could add far more obscurity to the roster?
Why having Killer Frost in the game, a character who never mattered in comics and was mainly a villain for a superhero that basically even many regular comic readers don't know / don't care about, if you could have Captain Cold in the game who fulfills the task much better?

Marvel comics > DC comics.
Marvel has actually a lot of female characters who would be great for a game.

Justice

Noob
There are not that many characters in the DC universe who deserve to be in a fighting game with limited roster and DC comics are the main reason for that.

Why having Poison Ivy in the game if more people demand Martian Manhunter? Why having Poison Ivy in the game, if the roster is already full with Batman characters and Swamp Thing could add far more obscurity to the roster?
Why having Killer Frost in the, a character who never mattered in comics and was mainly a villain for a superhero that basically even many regular comic readers don't know / don't care about, if you could have Captain Cold in the game who fulfills the task much better?

Marvel comics > DC comics.
Marvel has actually a lot of female characters who would be great for a game.
Totally agree. I mean, when you have lame-assed characters like Captain Cold and Mister Freeze; hell even Batman and Superman are some of the lamest character names ever in history (yes, I'm aware of Spiderman, Sandman and X-men; they suck too). I mean seriously, do you really think any of those books would survive in today's world? If it wasn't for the fact that these books originated in tho 40s, we would be arguing over a very different crop of characters.

For demographic sake, they do need a certain level of female representation. They do want to reach girls that look up to a Power Girl/Super Girl (or whoever. I'm sure Harley has her fans too :confused:) since they like what Superman stands for but can't relate to the "package". And since we know we're getting at least one more female, we get to rant and rave in this thread :D

I don't agree about Poison Ivy tho. I think there is a lot of creative potential with her moveset and cutscenes. And let's face it, Batman characters sell. You can't make a game like this with a "balanced" roster from a variety of franchises. And while I personally have absolutely no use for Martian Snot Rag, it is a travesty that he's not in the game. Also, we gotta remember that they gotta save some of the characters we want for DLC. I mean, who's gonna buy a pack with Catwoman's teen runaway friend or Batman's mechanic. OOOHHH! Ultimate DLC Character! Bane's hairstylist! :p

Yeah. Killer Frost. If the name didn't say it all, how about the fact that I'm a casual DC fan and this game is marketed largely at the casual DC fan to get them interested in the books. So why on earth would they consider including a character I (as an example) haven't heard of before this thread? I mean, I could be mis-judging her popularity.......:rolleyes: Damn! It feels good to get that off my chest finally :D

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
I hate this idea of alternate female versions of characters that exist. Not only would that be a waste of time and resources, but it would be flat out insulting to the characters involved. This game is going to have at least 6 girls out of 24 characters. That's 1/4 of the cast, while in actual comics there's like 5x as many iconic male characters as there are female ones. 6 characters is enough and you are being unreasonable if you whine for more.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I hate this idea of alternate female versions of characters that exist. Not only would that be a waste of time and resources, but it would be flat out insulting to the characters involved. This game is going to have at least 6 girls out of 24 characters. That's 1/4 of the cast, while in actual comics there's like 5x as many iconic male characters as there are female ones. 6 characters is enough and you are being unreasonable if you whine for more.
I like this...as well as you name and avatar sir. You've got some swag.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
She's gonna be the new Steph. Replace Damian then get tortured to death in a few months.
She has been fairly likable to this point. I'm pretty excited to see how things turn out, with her being new on top of the rest of the family not wanting to be around Bruce.

Edit: She reminds me a lot of Carrie Kelley.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
She has been fairly likable to this point. I'm pretty excited to see how things turn out, with her being new on top of the rest of the family not wanting to be around Bruce.
I think it's important that she has her brother Cullen to look out for though, she still has some family of her own. But if they kill Cullen I will be extremely pissed off! I love her as a character but she doesn't need to be adopted/bat-family, she can be Robin without being Bruce Wayne's family. I would be curious to see how the remaining Robins interact with her.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think it's important that she has her brother Cullen to look out for though, she still has some family of her own. But if they kill Cullen I will be extremely pissed off! I love her as a character but she doesn't need to be adopted/bat-family, she can be Robin without being Bruce Wayne's family. I would be curious to see how the remaining Robins interact with her.
I'm right there with you on that one, we don't need any new members added to the family. I'm very interested in seeing which direction they decide to take this after everything that has happened recently with DOTF and R.I.P. I can't wait to see next months issue and watch Bruce use a gun! WHAAAA?!

Black Canary is different from any other character in DC, excluding Silver Banshee who i dont think knows good martial arts. Same with Zatanna. Zatara is her father so that doesnt count.