What's new

Female Characters

kurtz

Noob
We know there is at least one more woman either killer frost or circe are the two most likely based off the achievement picture. It is also highly likely that there will be at least one DLC female character. If the roster is set in stone at 24 then I don't see any other females making it into the game...if there are some hidden characters I could potentially see Powergirl (based off a tweet back in October by Boon where he asks the fans Powergirl, Batgirl, or Supergirl) if for no other reason then they wouldn't have to make a completely new fighting style for her. If this whole idea of complete characters alternate costumes is real (no idea where this rumor came about or what evidence of this being possible there is) then potentially we could see a few other female characters. I highly doubt it though.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
Zatanna & Black Canary were my most wanted female picks for the game. but I'm fine with the ladies announced now and if they're 6 then I'm fine with that. just hope one of my girls will be DLC.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
It would be nice to see more female characters in the game, as well as more diverse characters, but unfortunately there are many more male characters who I would like to see in the game first.

It is partially to do with the fact that the majority of heroes in comics are white and male. I wish I could think of some female characters who I would really, really want in but there aren't many...

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I've already stated my indifference to gender, but since she's been brought up a bunch I'm gonna go ahead and say that it would be a tremendous shame if Black Canary is overlooked for this game, initial roster, dlc, or otherwise. She's stated to be one the DCU's finest martial arts practitioners and a powerset that NRS is used to creating moves for. A totally natural pick for this game.

hellbly

Noob
we want more female characters, and we want Martian Manhunter: Miss Martian?
...ok, but not like this

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
I'd love some female alts for some of the male cast. It would be a good way to add female characters without taking up character slots. There are a bunch of characters that have female counterparts too, and not just the popular ones like Supergirl/Power Girl and Batgirl. They could throw in lesser known characters like that female Captain Marvel, Deathstroke's daughter, Aquagirl, that female Green Arrow (from Young Justice), a female Green Lantern, the female Flash, etc.

I'm pretty sure none of them will actually happen, but the potential is still there. I just want a Power Girl alt.
So I did a little research and went through the trouble of learning their actual names plus finding some pics. I think female alt character costumes would be a good way of expanding the amount of females in the game (for people who want that kind of stuff) while not wasting character slots that could be used for more deserving characters. Since it's just a costume (and probably a little voice work) it should take much less time/effort than a full-fledged character. I think it would be cool.

-Supergirl/Power Girl (alts for Superman)

-Batgirl (alt for Batman)

-Mary Marvel (alt for Shazam)

-Ravager (alt for Deathstroke)

-Artemis (alt for Green Arrow)

-Arisia Rrab (alt for Green Lantern)

-Jesse Quick (alt for Flash)

-Aquagirl (alt for Aquaman)

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Seeing how they do alternate voicing for alternate costumes there's a probability Powergirl will be a superman alt. If not, I think it's a good idea.

Nillcox

Batman of Zur-En-Arrh
They really ought to add a female with a unique power of her own like Black Canary. DC has way too many of the "Girl version of popular male hero" characters so it'd be nice to see some of the ones who are their own characters. That and Black Canary really deserves a spot on the roster, I'm really surprised we have had no hints at all towards her inclusion.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I don 't want Black canary because of similarities to Sindel, who I'm really not a fan of, but no doubt she would be a good addition like Nilcox said. There aren't enough women who have their own power sets.

Not seriously, but I would love for Amanda Waller to be in, especially the pre-52 version. No one stands a chance against The Wall.

Why? I don't see any need to add a character based exclusively on gender or race, whereas the only reason you give for wanting Static is that he's black. That's silly; color shouldn't matter. Gameplay should matter.
Let's also mention that when comic book guys started making super heros.... let's be serious here and say they made ALMOST all of the top tier ones white. Only somewhat recently did they start leveling up and trying to add more minority races into their comic book world.

So it's not NRS's fault that the original creators of DC universe made a shit ton of male white super heros. And that they were too lazy to make a unique female intro into a storyline, and just made a "Female version" of the male version.

They really ought to add a female with a unique power of her own like Black Canary. DC has way too many of the "Girl version of popular male hero" characters so it'd be nice to see some of the ones who are their own characters. That and Black Canary really deserves a spot on the roster, I'm really surprised we have had no hints at all towards her inclusion.
As am I. Hell, we've got her husband, surely she'd give a damn what Ollie's up to during all this crap.

Cruz

Banned
I want Black Canary, Circe and i used to want Poison Ivy but no more Batman characters.
They can make Power Girl an alt for Superman, same with Batgirl for Batman.....
Hell they can make Karu-Sil an alt for Sinestro wich would be pretty cool if you ask me!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What is so cool about Black Canary? She uses martial arts and a sindel scream? Meh, I'll pass

There aren't many women who wouldn't be reskin of another hero but the few that do are good.

Isis
Poison Ivy
Rocket
Terra
Amanda Waller - I envision her acting as a summoner type fighter where various people from the suicide squad aid her. Considering how imposing she can be in a confrontation I can see her being played more like a static turret with limited mobility instead of a keep away character.

Even though following have abilities that overlap strongly with other male characters it would be cool to have them

Zatanna
Miss Martian
Aya - She's from Green Lantern Animated series.

Okay, comic noob here. What can Isis do? Is she an alien or god? well, I guess goddess would be the right term.

Does she have her own powers that make her her own charter or is she just another female copy of an already existing male with similar powers?

If we are gonna add more woman I'd want ones who actually have powers unique to them and not just a gender-flip of someone who already has said powers. The same goes for the guys so no Wonder Boy or Wonder Man or whatever he is called.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Okay, comic noob here. What can Isis do?
No she pretty much does what Adam does if I recall... she can grow flowers as well or some shit? I forget, it's been a while. There was a Male Power Girl copy or whatever but he was pretty terrible. I think it's Power Boy...

Wonder Man is Marvel...
Wonder Boy is Tenacious D...

Justice

Noob
So I did a little research and went through the trouble of learning their actual names plus finding some pics. I think female alt character costumes would be a good way of expanding the amount of females in the game (for people who want that kind of stuff) while not wasting character slots that could be used for more deserving characters. Since it's just a costume (and probably a little voice work) it should take much less time/effort than a full-fledged character. I think it would be cool.

-Supergirl/Power Girl (alts for Superman)

-Batgirl (alt for Batman)

-Mary Marvel (alt for Shazam)

-Ravager (alt for Deathstroke)

-Artemis (alt for Green Arrow)

-Arisia Rrab (alt for Green Lantern)

-Jesse Quick (alt for Flash)

-Aquagirl (alt for Aquaman)
And why do you feel that female characters are less deserving of slots?

Besides, we're looking for new characters, not Rule 69ing the ones we have.

Okay, comic noob here. What can Isis do? Is she an alien or god? well, I guess goddess would be the right term.

Does she have her own powers that make her her own charter or is she just another female copy of an already existing male with similar powers?

If we are gonna add more woman I'd want ones who actually have powers unique to them and not just a gender-flip of someone who already has said powers. The same goes for the guys so no Wonder Boy or Wonder Man or whatever he is called.
Isis has the base super powered sets of flight, super strength, super durability, etc. What she specializes in is low level healing spells and elemental magic. Her magic doesn't just include earth, fire wind and water but also plant and lightning manipulation as well.

She wasn't a goddess perse but an avatar of one sort of like Captain Marvel was an avatar for several gods.

NeverAsked4This

Sarif Industries: Private Security Officer
And why do you feel that female characters are less deserving of slots?

Besides, we're looking for new characters, not Rule 69ing the ones we have.
Well, I didn't mean to imply that I thought all DC female characters are "less deserving". I only meant the ones that are more or less just female counterparts to already established male characters. I was basically saying that I think Supergirl/Batgirl aren't really deserving of full character slots, but would still be cool as alt costumes.

Also, I'd love new characters too. There are plenty of unique DC females that I'd love to have as DLC.