What's new

EVO Will Use All Patches/Hotifixes Until July 8th - Registration Ends at 12am PST!!

rafaw

#YouSuck
Its obvious that they will release a patch before evo, NRS will not do the same mistake again on EVO!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
If you think it won't hurt the games rep getting a patch between now & EVO you haven't been paying attention to talk in the FGC. Getting the patch is less of a damage to the rep but it's damage no matter what.

Completely & totally different scenes of people.
2014 Evo I lost count how many people said "YOOO superman is broke in that game "

haketh

Noob
Hell when do you even get the patch out? It gets patched next week we're fucking over people going to ESL. Theirs no good date to patch the game right now that isn't awful timing.

2014 Evo I lost count how many people said "YOOO superman is broke in that game "
Like I said earlier both options suck at this point.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Watched that I think the worst part is the commentators trying to hype up what was essentially 1 string and lasers. "Omg look at the whiff punish!!!" "Undefeated in top 8" and the rest of it being DJT getting in whatever hits he can. I forgot how bad that whole set was to watch.

Hopefully this EVO is much better. Even if Tanya is there a lot I have faith some good players will figure out something to do so she won't seem so overbearing as she did at CEO. Definitely one of the strongest characters in the game right now but hopefully not that strong. Plus that infamous NRS nerf bat is coming. . . .

haketh

Noob
Dude why do YOU care so much
Because I love this game & compete in it & I'm seeing nothing but negativity about the NRS patch cycle wherever I go. It is pushing people away from the game even before Tanya showed up. Hell look at the reactions people had about the patch before CEO & how negative the reception was.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Because I love this game & compete in it & I'm seeing nothing but negativity about the NRS patch cycle wherever I go. It is pushing people away from the game even before Tanya showed up. Hell look at the reactions people had about the patch before CEO & how negative the reception was.
So do u feel it's better to do nothing or minor change?

Vagrant

Noob
I agree which is why u won't find any post from me at all about this giving my opinion
I will give you props for this.
Lesson definitely learned.

I understand getting salty but thank you for not going full blown nuclear. The forums would have been even worse.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
with all the jumping retardedness that this game has in it the least they could do is patch out fucking grab immunity already. If I actually get someone to stay on the ground and spend a meter to enhance my command grab I should just whiff it because they were pressing random fucking buttons again that happen to be grab immune. They can start with making Erron Blacks overhead grabable because that is fucking retarded

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Honestly I lean toward "whatever NRS decides " because it is their opinion only that truly matters

Remember the FGC is 1% of their sales
To me it seems pretty hypocritical to tell someone "well there's no point voicing your opinions on patches because NRS decides" when you cried for buffs for like the entire first month of the game... and then got them.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat

Who had a negative reception about the patch right before CEO? Everybody I talked to wanted to use the patch

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
with all the jumping retardedness that this game has in it the least they could do is patch out fucking grab immunity already. If I actually get someone to stay on the ground and spend a meter to enhance my command grab I should just whiff it because they were pressing random fucking buttons again that happen to be grab immune. They can start with making Erron Blacks overhead grabable because that is fucking retarded
This. Why make a grappler character then code in what is basically the antithesis to grapplers. "Oh no I don't know if I should dahs or jump after the low kick. ya know what I'll just hit buttons cause lol grapplers are low tier."

EDIT: I'm slighty ok with a grab immune special or if a normal makes an opponent airborne. That's a whole different set of fighting game programming. But to be purely grounded and get away is ridiculous.