What's new

EVO Will Use All Patches/Hotifixes Until July 8th - Registration Ends at 12am PST!!

So, there are only two instances where these minor patches could be released, including today. Speaking of which, around what time is the patch generally released?

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I only remember Injustice "Superman Edition" being booed. Were there others? Regardless, nothing is as bad as KI getting booed before release.
It will be booed this year if we see several Tanya mirrors in top 8. This will be the second time in 3 years if nothing's adjusted. Sonic Fox himself says she is broken beyond belief and I find it highly unlikely nothing will change before the biggest stage on the planet to showcase your game.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
They need to allow Predator at this to get people hyped to watch. There is absolutely no way in hell Predator will be more broken than Tanya flying through the air while invincible, using no stamina and building meter and having Kabal teleport cancel pressure on the ground. No fucking way. They need to fix Tanya before EVO or the game will instantly die in the eyes of the rest of the FGC if we have another CEO top 8 style showing.

Besides its kind of dumb that they won't allow Predator who is coming on the 7th but will allow any patch changes up until the 8th. If Predator doesn't have enough time before EVO to see if he is broken then how does anyone effected by a patch the day after have enough time?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
They need to allow Predator at this to get people hyped to watch. There is absolutely no way in hell Predator will be more broken than Tanya flying through the air while invincible, using no stamina and building meter and having Kabal teleport cancel pressure on the ground. No fucking way. They need to fix Tanya before EVO or the game will instantly die in the eyes of the rest of the FGC if we have another CEO top 8 style showing.

Besides its kind of dumb that they won't allow Predator who is coming on the 7th but will allow any patch changes up until the 8th. If Predator doesn't have enough time before EVO to see if he is broken then how does anyone effected by a patch the day after have enough time?
I think 2 weeks is the perfect timing before a tournament for a DLC character being allowed.

Especially when he is not available to the general public until 7/14. So 3 days before EVO? Not a chance.

haketh

Noob
I highly doubt NRS will want a repeat of CEO, being booed at EVO for the second time in 3 years would be a disaster.

You have to BELIEVE a patch is coming.
If a patch comes now before EVO the game is going to be a laughing stock & more people will drop the game.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Predator wouldn't help hype because nobody with any sense is going to use the character in the biggest tournament of the year a week after he's released.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice. Would be funny in a way if the last minute patch was unknown and people had to figure out what's been nerfed, buffed etc on their own in that little time window. I'm also sure some would hate this. But gotta admit it would make things very interesting.

That's incredibly good for an NRS game. I mean, obviously you'd expect Ultra and Smash to have significantly more than we do. But that's definitely a number we can be proud of.
True, true, I like to think though in this case I think of the old phrase "Quality over Quantity" ;)

Most people would take the Nissans, Toyotas but give me a Vette any day over the week. Know what I'm saying? lol

At any rate, this is great news for MK, congrats.

I'm going to assume Pred won't be available and come out after Evo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd rather watch every character weaker than OP because then it'll be MK 9 all over again, Kabal, KL fest...no thanks.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I know it will suck for some, but NRS needs to make some sort of adjustment to Tanya prior to EVO. I said right after the Tanya Kombat Kast she seemed broken and I got sort of blown up for it. Her movement is just absurd. No one else in the game can do what she does.

Have another top 8 like there was at CEO and you can put a fork in our beloved game. I guarantee you Ed was listening to those boos every time a Tanya came on screen, though. This would be like the Superman Light Show at EVO in its first year that totally turned people off from the game.

That's incredibly good for an NRS game. I mean, obviously you'd expect Ultra and Smash to have significantly more than we do. But that's definitely a number we can be proud of.
agreed 100%, over 1k is fucking awesome

also I really do believe that there will be a hotfix before EVO. There's no way after CEO, they're gonna fuck tanya up lol