What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

You seem to use Soul Ascension 1 very low to the ground after the initial string. Low enough to combo from Teleport directly into F21D2. Is there an input shortcut you're using for that?

Nausea

Soul Ascended
You seem to use Soul Ascension 1 very low to the ground after the initial string. Low enough to combo from Teleport directly into F21D2. Is there an input shortcut you're using for that?
Yeah it's a tricky one to get consistent. As soon as I input Soul Ascension I just move forward/diagonal down just a little bit. The input of the 1 stops you from landing getting you closer to the ground and enables you to get the DB4xxF21D2 link. B12 is easier if you are a little higher than required!

On the current netcode I can't get away with playing Spectral consistently so i'm looking forward to him dropping on the Beta but mega anxious at the same time lol

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
ermacs down 4 could be the worst or one of the worst down 4s in the game it has less range then his down 3 so it's not meant for pokes. As you all probably know it is strictly for anti airs. Ah here lies the problem it is almost useless for most ermacs due how slow the start up is and its recovery. The move is fine where it is but there is better options like a d1. A d1 is 6 frames and it anti airs perfectly so I just want to see d4 be a little better by making it have an 8-9 frame start up and have 4 less recovery frames. I know it won't be a lot but it will help :(

Ermac's B1 was 10 frames was it not? It's listed as 11

B1 is listed as a Mid but still hits High.

22 Now hits mid on the second strike ,

F2 was -3 wasn't it? It's listed as -2 now.

Hover in Mystic is now performed with D+R2 - U when on the ground.

In Spectral Flight input is still D+R2 U

Possible: Ermac's D2 now has an extended upward hitbox? Did it always have a green glow on his fingertips?

In Spectral Flight input is still D+R2 U

Possible: Ermac's D2 now has an extended upward hitbox? Did it always have a green glow on his fingertips?
omg they really changed hovers input unfreaking believable! cool. so now people can play spektral and cancel b3 and f4 into hover!..
yes glow was already there.
@Big D

There have been some who consider Spectral to be better. I believe Master of Souls is still his most viable. Though at the same time, Spectral has come quite a long way from where it was.

GQJ

Noob
Hello Ermac players!

I am a noob, I am trying to learn how to block better. I was looking at Ermac's strings, and saw that after his low B3, he can go low or overhead.

What are y'alls thought process in going for the B34/B321? Both seem to have their advantages.

Thanks.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
There have been some who consider Spectral to be better. I believe Master of Souls is still his most viable. Though at the same time, Spectral has come quite a long way from where it was.
Personally I think he is better, safer and a lot more enjoyable to use but MoS covers match-ups that Spectral can't handle.

Hello Ermac players!

I am a noob, I am trying to learn how to block better. I was looking at Ermac's strings, and saw that after his low B3, he can go low or overhead.

What are y'alls thought process in going for the B34/B321? Both seem to have their advantages.

Thanks.
B34 & B321 are both fuzzy guard-able and unsafe on block so the best bet is to condition your opponent before throwing them out. :)

Reactions: GQJ

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Thanks! What are you conditioning them with B3?
Use B3 on its own as a stagger string, if its lands get your full combo, if its blocked you are safe and you will be able to see roughly how you opponent deals with the follow up.

As of March 1st, F43 will be safe also which will be a great tool in his neutral game to make them expect that OH ;)

Reactions: GQJ

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
This against Jax and its ggs lol
Yeah I'd use it purposely to frustrate and time someone out. Folks go crazy when they can't reach you and are desperate to win, especially near a time out lol

Use B3 on its own as a stagger string, if its lands get your full combo, if its blocked you are safe and you will be able to see roughly how you opponent deals with the follow up.

As of March 1st, F43 will be safe also which will be a great tool in his neutral game to make them expect that OH ;)
If I stagger b3, how do I continue for a full combo if I'm only checking them with it? I throw out too many OHs sometimes so I need to condition better with both low and OH to always keep them guessing.