What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Meterless 41% Midscreen & 42% Corner with MYSTIC!?

Been practicing this for an hour now, nowhere near consistent yet. The link between teleport and b12 is way rough. I'm guessing 1 frame? Gonna be tough to land online, but it's sexy as hell. And it's a full combo punish on whiffing the link, so it's very risky imo.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Didn't read thread, but I see that Push was brought back to -24, and EX Push is -6 instead of -1. Guess Mystic was "too strong" in the beta huh?

#DisgruntledZoner

Noob
Didn't read thread, but I see that Push was brought back to -24, and EX Push is -6 instead of -1. Guess Mystic was "too strong" in the beta huh?

#DisgruntledZoner
This is just so dumb i mean ppl have been saying he needed changes to his push... they went overboard with it on the beta and Paulo was like nah mang ppl are already saying its broken so lets not fix a useless character because of couple ppl were butthurt... obviously that -1 EX push and -14 TKP was to much, but leaving them like before is just effing lazy and backwards mentality... sometimes i wonder what this meetings are like... im sure a lot of ppl dont like Ermac in this meetings

Noob
The 40%rs meterless with mystic have degrees of dificulty connecting the B12 depending on the opponent... on larger opponents is significantly easier in comparison with Females or smaller body male characters... just something to keep in mind... great find tho

Afumba

Noob
Did they change something on his f3?
Seems to hit easier in combos like after f21d2.

Also i cant remember being able to connect it after a raw TP. Pretty easy too.

The official changes for Ermac

• Ermac - Away+FP is now a high block and has 9 startup frames and 3 active frames (down from 11 start and up from 2 active)
  • Ermac - Down+FP is now -6 on block (down from -10)
  • Ermac - Increased the block advantage of Away+BP by 1 and it is now more plus on block the longer it is charged
  • Ermac - Towards+FK now has 11 startup frames and is -4 on block (down from 13 startup and -3 on block)
  • Ermac - Towards+FK, BK is now -1 on block (up from -6)
  • Ermac - Towards+BK, FK is now -6 on block (up from -11)
  • Ermac - Away+BK has increased pushback and is now -10 on block (up from -16)
  • Ermac - Changed the command input of Hover to Down, Up+Block (from Down, Down, Up)
  • Ermac (Mystic) - Levitate (Tele-Choke) is now -6 on block and has 9 startup frames (up from -14 on block and down from 11 startup frames)
  • Ermac (Spectral) - Changed the command input of Soul Ascension to Down, Up+Block (from Down, Down, Up)

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO
Been practicing this for an hour now, nowhere near consistent yet. The link between teleport and b12 is way rough. I'm guessing 1 frame? Gonna be tough to land online, but it's sexy as hell. And it's a full combo punish on whiffing the link, so it's very risky imo.
Practiced for a few hours and starting to get the b12 link more consistant, but yeah, it's tight. Been practicing with offline input delay on Jacqui as dummy. Trying to get those standing 4 is my next goal.

Noob
Practiced for a few hours and starting to get the b12 link more consistant, but yeah, it's tight. Been practicing with offline input delay on Jacqui as dummy. Trying to get those standing 4 is my next goal.
diferent characters will harder or easier depending on their hit box but yeah online it will be complicated, i managed to get it once or twice already but when put together with the nr of times iv missed already its not very encoraging... specially when i do it offline 8 out of 10 times... dunno if this will get easier with more pratice i doubt it... its just a really tight window

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
i rarely play ermac anymore but used him for a few games to check out the new skin. i broke sektors flamethrower armour with jump kick in db2 in the corner, hopefully will be of use to some of u

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
guysssss, guys.
Don't know why it isn't mentioned in the patch notes, but Spectral's Air Soul Burst is +10 on hit now (up from 3)!

edit: yeah this has always been like that, that's probably why it's not mentioned.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Ermacs b1 being a high now is a big big change for me so @Big D How do you feel about the b1 what do you use it for now besides anti airing and whiff punishing also what would you like to see done to b2

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Ermacs b1 being a high now is a big big change for me so @Big D How do you feel about the b1 what do you use it for now besides anti airing and whiff punishing also what would you like to see done to b2
Contrary to what most of the MKX community has been saying, Ermac's b1 being changed to a high is a HUGE nerf and a serious concern of mine at the moment. He no longer has a reliable mid outside of his pokes. which forces me to completely change how I play him.

As for b2, I still haven't found a serious use for it that is actually practical. Still on the search.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Contrary to what most of the MKX community has been saying, Ermac's b1 being changed to a high is a HUGE nerf and a serious concern of mine at the moment. He no longer has a reliable mid outside of his pokes. which forces me to completely change how I play him.

As for b2, I still haven't found a serious use for it that is actually practical. Still on the search.
Could we use slow f2 ask our mid lol and run cancel b2 and grab like niredina???

Noob

Honestly tho, iv switched to Mystic just cause im seriously trying to enjoy the char and to a point i am, but the "buffs" he got are not really buffs he needed or not enouth and the nerfs he got made him super weird to play... B1 being a High is indeed a Huge nerf, and the fact the string is faster doesnt make up for it at all considering that doing it after teleport is extremely dificult in "on the spot" situations, window is just to small... They gave ppl hope with Mystic in beta but the crying prevailed yet again, i cant understand why they are so extreme with shit... they went to far sure but why not find a middle ground for the moves frames? nop they simply went the lazy way... no one plays this character anyway so lets just leave it as is...

B2 button its not even a thing... never was, i dont even understand why its there, just remove it...

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Honestly tho, iv switched to Mystic just cause im seriously trying to enjoy the char and to a point i am, but the "buffs" he got are not really buffs he needed or not enouth and the nerfs he got made him super weird to play... B1 being a High is indeed a Huge nerf, and the fact the string is faster doesnt make up for it at all considering that doing it after teleport is extremely dificult in "on the spot" situations, window is just to small... They gave ppl hope with Mystic in beta but the crying prevailed yet again, i cant understand why they are so extreme with shit... they went to far sure but why not find a middle ground for the moves frames? nop they simply went the lazy way... no one plays this character anyway so lets just leave it as is...

B2 button its not even a thing... never was, i dont even understand why its there, just remove it...
B2 is for gimmicks... And Ermac don't feel right without b124

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
b2 is for the finish him screen guise, my tech is in spectral to do many hovers and then hold b2 :DOGE
level up scrubs

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
so @Nausea , i want your opinion on something , what u think of using db1 ex as an ender here are the options
1)db1 ex, hover hold forward until crossup into 234 whatever.
2)db1 ex, hover cancel into f4 hover combo (for safety).
3)db1 ex, hover cancel but hold down towards for the b3 so it can connect 3 tele afterwards (again for safety).
4) db1 ex, dash in neutral jump into whatever, you can hover at the start or the end of this jump to go on either side .
theres other stuff you can do too but just try it out and let me know what you think. Ive worked this into my spectral game and its been catching decent players out quite a bit, cheers bro

darth_infamous

#InfamousXO

Same. I switched to mystick but after just shy of 2 weeks of practice, I don't feel any more confident about connecting the b12 after tp. Been thinking about going back to mos :(

Noob
Same. I switched to mystick but after just shy of 2 weeks of practice, I don't feel any more confident about connecting the b12 after tp. Been thinking about going back to mos :(
To Make B1 from the string a High im pretty sure they shifted its hitbox a tiny bit up meaning that, right after teleport, the window to actually hit the B1 is super small because (and i tested this extensivly) ther are a Ton of variables coming into play, this is the exact same problem Tom Brady is discussing with the consistency of Sub Zeros Combos... you can check his thread entitled F,ING STUPID if im not mistaken... But just for everyone interested in understanding why this link is ridiculous ill summerize it:

Lets assume your execution is on point right, this will not garantee that you will hit this link 100% of the time for this reasons: Characters hitboxs shift depending on, if they are caught standing or ducking, meaning when you do for instance your F4xx teleport your opponent will not be at the same height every time, which in chance means you could be doing the inputs perfectly and at the perfect timing and still miss the link...
Another thing that affects this combo is Character mass, as in, if they are Female, Male, Big/small characters... This will as well impact your ability to perform this combo just like Breathing hit boxs... which will shift your opponent and the way you hit them... The only Consistent way i found to perfect this combo in which the factors above are not as noticable is by doing the following: JP x S4xxteleport x B1 string (for some reason the S4 seems to stagger them in a way that makes the teleport hit and B1 almost consistent) but cmon S4 is nearly useless as a starter...

In Short Ermac literally got Nothing of worth yet again in this patch he is and will remain bottom 5 unless they give him something which i dont see happening because they think Ermac is perfectly fine as is...

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
In Short Ermac literally got Nothing of worth yet again in this patch he is and will remain bottom 5 unless they give him something which i dont see happening because they think Ermac is perfectly fine as is...
Spectral got his execution barrier removed and Mystic got a useable bf2 as well as one of the best armoured moves in the game, not to mention a safe f43 which allows for low risk/reward mixups.

He got so much better.