What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Afumba

Noob
You got it wrong m8, NRS made MOS, and then proceeded to dismantle that variation to make the others, and just added Sugar Spice and everything nice, this wre the perfect ingredients to make the perfect little variations...
Not bad theroy :D

I believe that Spectral was born cuz they wanted someone to kinda fly... and as they didnt play with Sindel + had no ideas for 3 cool Ermacs they threw that in. And now that they decided to bring Sindel back they just ignore it cuz she needs those better fly moves now :)

For Mystic they went like "MK9 Mac is cool... lets do this". So they made a cool Mystic Ermac. After they were done with this awesome dude some guy said something like "guys... this guy is great... but what about all those guys who likes to spam run and all sort of buttons?" And a couple of days later this kind of Mystic Ermac was born... sad tale is sad. :D

Noob
Not bad theroy :D

I believe that Spectral was born cuz they wanted someone to kinda fly... and as they didnt play with Sindel + had no ideas for 3 cool Ermacs they threw that in. And now that they decided to bring Sindel back they just ignore it cuz she needs those better fly moves now :)

For Mystic they went like "MK9 Mac is cool... lets do this". So they made a cool Mystic Ermac. After they were done with this awesome dude some guy said something like "guys... this guy is great... but what about all those guys who likes to spam run and all sort of buttons?" And a couple of days later this kind of Mystic Ermac was born... sad tale is sad. :D
LOLOL so funny, ohh boy... But what i think REALLY REALLY happened was that while professor NRS was making Ermac he accidently added an extra ingredient to the concotion Chemical S, Thus the power puff Ermac was Born, Using his Ultra Super powers MOS, Spectral, Mystic dedicated his life to being average against the forces of Good, ta ta tararammmm LOL... im sorry, im so so sorry im just feeling trolly right now.. ill stop... smh

Given Big D's recent analysis of the Spectral variation, I found myself once again drawn to the idea of corner flight cancel combos in a version of the Variation that is viable. For the third time I was greeted by this glitch which seems to occur randomly when the above is attempted. Engaging in flight during the 'speed' or Teleport will result in it returning to normal. If only Ermac was naturally like that, it would make him even more of a Threat then he is now.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Given Big D's recent analysis of the Spectral variation, I found myself once again drawn to the idea of corner flight cancel combos in a version of the Variation that is viable. For the third time I was greeted by this glitch which seems to occur randomly when the above is attempted. Engaging in flight during the 'speed' or Teleport will result in it returning to normal. If only Ermac was naturally like that, it would make him even more of a Threat then he is now.

That movement is almost like an a flight character in other games. I definitely think different strings and some better/more/different launchers and damage opportunities would be a great step in the right direction for this variation. Give him some flair and usefulness to really separate him.

can u post bigd video?

My Review of Mystic and Spectral Since the Patch, Read Only if your Interested (Note: this review is subjected to my personal opinion as a character designer and as a MK player)

Spectral:

So from what i gather Spectral seems to be the topic of soem discussion regarding if it is really, good or not so much and what you should be doing with him...
Well i have been playing it for a while against some of the best i could find, and honestly what ended up happening is exacly what i predicted and thats exacly what im going to review here.
Whilst, MOS can make the opponent respect you from a ranged standpoint, Spectral cant... The soul ball will make opponents think twice before doing anything to reckless, the same cant be said for Spectral. Its main problem is that for Spectral/Ascension footsies to work you need to be "grounded", but the character is designed to be in the air 90% of the time so you can take advantage of the high mobility he has while floating, This was what he was designed for...

You can see where the thematic contradicts the necessity of Ermacs gameplay?! Ermac is by no means a character that can give himself the luxury of being full Screen for very long, But Spectrals Design rewards Exacly that.. Being full screen and Pounding/evading your opponent with Ascension as much as possible because he is so fast in the air.

Now lets say you contradict its design purpose which obviously we must in order to have success with this variation: You are now taking the offensive, selecting your moments carefully.. With the added "bonus" of Ascensions TC´s you have a hand full of overheads, and you are able to "mixup" your opponent by interropting the string at any point for a groundpound. Cool right... Wel,l when you really look at it, no, Not that cool honestly. Why you ask?

well its quite simple, if you look closely at Ermacs gameplay he has plenty of Mix up game already thats way more effective then Ascending just to do a couple messy overheads into a low pound that doesnt even let you combo afterwards... So what do you gain from actually doing any of the Spectral specific Stuff? well you gain Cool kid points, and thats probably the only thing really... The name of the game is, keep it simple, the fact that you have to do all this extra inputs just to get couple poor overheads doesnt reward you as a player for having skill or reward you in the match because there are way easier mix ups Ermac already has in his standard kit...

What i think Spectral really needed: Well someone gave the idea that EX groundpound should be a launcher (apologies i cant remember your name, so sorry bro) While this goes against Spectrals base design, it is in fact a great idea... Because now going into Ascension Tc´s can be rewarded with a combo instead of just some shitty pressure and messy/poor dmg combos... Another thing that could be relevant for this variation and Mystic but ill get to that in a second, is for him to have a Fireball, This is a necessity for Spectral because he needs to have a tool that will make the opponent think twice before pressing that run Button...

Mystic:

Now Mystic the variation everyone wants to Love but just falls short of being what it needs to be... Well This i will keep Short because its honestly quite simple, Mystic Falls short of being great because they are to afraid of providing Zonners in this game with true Zonning power, because of the big lash "Casuals" feed NRS with this type of gameplay... in 2 simple Buffs Mystic could be better or just as good as MOS.

Mystic doesnt need such gimmicks as "gain 5% life when you EX Force Choke... WTF? gain 5% life? what are we, predators?!? In this patch they had the brilliant idea that the solution was that Choke simply was not doing enouth dmg to be rewarding enouth to use, due to is poor Frames, so they upped Chokes dmg... so ill be forced to repeat myself with a good WHAT??? WTF??

Choke did not need its damage increased... it needed better frames... So before i get lashed on for saying any particular number on its Block or recovery data, i simply wont, but ill say this instead... With a very minor decrease in frames and without new damage from this patch this character could be what it needs to be. By simply having a fireball to compliment the fact that Choke tosses the character almost full screen, Ermac could do exacly what this variation was designed to do, Reward the player with good reads on Choke and punishing the opponent for being to aggressive or impulsive by having a fireball to slow his progress down...

This is What i think of the new changes and the variations the patch affected, hope you guys enjoy and if you agree of disagree about my opinion feel free to Reply to this coment and everyone can talk about it. Cheers everyone
well played :)

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
so umm ermacs standing 4 can hop over subbys slide, also you can link a reverse teleport after it to full combo punish + the unscaled 7% or whatever from standing 4

fobley

Noob
Not to derail the current topic of the thread, but is anybody here going to the Canada Cup? I'll be repping the Unsafe God in about a month and a half lol.

So, the update fixed a lot of mids hitting crouched opponents, like Jax and Cage for example. Once again, Ermac is left in the dust and nothing was fixed.

(Sorry for the frame skipping, something went wrong in the rendering)

Not to mention that even charecters that hit, the range is all messed up, some hit from far, others only point blank. I guess some normals being matchup specific in terms of range is probably ok, but completely whiffing is unacceptable.

I know this is not new but we need to get it out there, or else this will never get fixed.

zaf

professor
So, the update fixed a lot of mids hitting crouched opponents, like Jax and Cage for example. Once again, Ermac is left in the dust and nothing was fixed.

(Sorry for the frame skipping, something went wrong in the rendering)

Not to mention that even charecters that hit, the range is all messed up, some hit from far, others only point blank. I guess some normals being matchup specific in terms of range is probably ok, but completely whiffing is unacceptable.

I know this is not new but we need to get it out there, or else this will never get fixed.

The first hit of 222, is actually a high. So it is normal for that to miss... but not the rest of the string. I still noticed this happening as well.

There was a thread already created for this as well...but for his F34.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/ermacs-inconsistency-on-f34.54098/

Feel free to make a thread on its own for this and we can try to get it out there.

insignis

Noob
The first hit of 222, is actually a high. So it is normal for that to miss... but not the rest of the string. I still noticed this happening as well.

Feel free to make a thread on its own for this and we can try to get it out there.
the funny thing I sent a message about that few months ago and right after the patch to colt. No reaction :(

How loud should Ermac community shout for NRS to hear us?

I did a little more testing on this and I made a thread about it.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/ermac-hitbox-problems.56189/
I have no clue how the tagging stuff works, but I invite you guys to try and get this to the devs so, hopefully, one day we get this fixed.

I couldn't make F34 whiff again, so maybe they fixed it in the patch?

I've been pondering the possibilities behind Ermac having an air dash during flight, 1 or 0 Frame recovery on landing for better block strings, or strings in flight that can launch without having to rely on meter.

insignis

Noob
I would make EX Charge safe on block and give Ermac diagonal overhead charge (normal and EX are unsafe and no armor). Maybe give EX diagonal charge an ability to launch opponent.

Nope.

I dont see how it helps makes him any better. He needs way more work then just being able to dash.
Being able to get into flight pressure without being uppercut'd or d1'd would be more beneficial.
I would make my own chart, but i don't wanna be crucified for it :oops: :eek: