What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

I'm surprised a lot of people are just now noticing how much NRS isn't good at character specifics. They've always been proud to be the fighting game developer who does everything different(even back in their Midway days). Why do you think to this day every MK character has a projectile?

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
Hey guys, i know that this recent patch for ermac was really disappointing, especially for mystic lovers like me, im really trying my best to make him viable but alas the nrs gods must really hate this incarnation of ermac, as we all know, wtf is that 1 percent buff on telepush? Like wth? You risk being automatically rushed down on block or even fully punished by almost everyone, work so hard by having good reads you risk to much and wth do you get? Yep 1 percent buffs, as discussed before it's either lessen the recovery ala mk9 ermac or mkx kenshi, or at least make it around 13-15%, but that's not the worse thing about this, have you guys ever noticed or found out that even though push and levitate's damage has been buffed, it scales the same as the recent patch when used during combos? I mean i have like a staple bnb 1 levitate 1 ex lev, then ends with a push that is around 38% now it's still 38% like wtf?? Please guys someone who has twitter or something report this to nrs :(

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
So I'm playing with ermac. And people telling me he needs to be nerfed :D:D
Is this normal?
As long as you win, yes.

wtf is that 1 percent buff on telepush? Like wth? You risk being automatically rushed down on block or even fully punished by almost everyone, work so hard by having good reads you risk to much and wth do you get?
You need to get in every thread on the site and call him bottom 5, you know, like these guys:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/rip-kenshi-why-balanced-is-bottom-5-in-mkx-and-its-a-shame.55857/
(Interestingly Pig puts Mystic and Spectral in his actual bottom-6 list on the first page of that thread.)

Noob
Is this normal?
Its that double edge sword Ermac Suffers from. All teh casuals fear Ermac cause they think his too good, 90% of the pro players refuse to pick him up cause his to average, the veredict goes to the pro players on the point that the casuals only fear Ermac for the same reasons they fear any character that has a overhead and low starters that lead to combos... There is no discussion here Ermac is the average puppet that just wants to be a real boy but his never allowed to...

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Been thinking about fixing Ermac lately and how the patch didn't do anything for him at all. Disappointing but MOS is still viable.

That said here's what should change IMO:

F43: This should be safe, why on earth is it -11? You can't make it safe via cancelling into EX blast (a good thing otherwise he'd get about 45% meterless from an overhead midscreen) so there's no need to ever use it. If you're going to use F4, cancel it into something that is unsafe but will at least get you big damage. This should be something like -3 to -6.

B1/B12: A faux mid that needs to be a real mid. One adjustment I'd like would be for the second hit to connect more consistently on jumping opponents.

Mystic:
Push: -24 doesn't cut it in this game at any range. There's no reason to fear this move at all, the 1% damage buff was an insult. Should be -13 to -15. One saving grace is that it's a ridiculously good anti air.

Should be given level 1 soul ball.

Spectral:
The chain string in ascension is hilariously bad, the only 2 hits that jail are the 1 and 2 and the 1 makes Sektor look like Dhalsim. Should be able to get all hits out on block with no gaps, this is a minimal requirement to make this viable. So what he can do about 1.25% more chip than most.... this is a minimal buff needed to the string.

Should be given level 1 soul ball with the ability to throw one from ascension in a downward arc before landing.

EX charge should be safe on block or cancellable. This move as it stands is pretty useless unless you need to punish and win the round. You already have a safe, more damaging move to wakeup/interrupt with, why use this? OR make it cancellable into ascension.

You guys think these are reasonable/terrible ideas?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Been thinking about fixing Ermac lately and how the patch didn't do anything for him at all. Disappointing but MOS is still viable.

That said here's what should change IMO:

Spectral:
The chain string in ascension is hilariously bad, the only 2 hits that jail are the 1 and 2 and the 1 makes Sektor look like Dhalsim. Should be able to get all hits out on block with no gaps, this is a minimal requirement to make this viable. So what he can do about 1.25% more chip than most.... this is a minimal buff needed to the string.

Should be given level 1 soul ball with the ability to throw one from ascension in a downward arc before landing.

EX charge should be safe on block or cancellable. This move as it stands is pretty useless unless you need to punish and win the round. You already have a safe, more damaging move to wakeup/interrupt with, why use this? OR make it cancellable into ascension.

You guys think these are reasonable/terrible ideas?
To be honest he needs to be able to use Soul Charge while flying at a diangnol angle. My dream soul charge is charge while flying goes at a diagnol angle and pops your opponent up for a combo. Now if we were ever gonna get something like this it'd be ex at the very minimum. But yes. Charge or fireball while flying would vastly help Spectral.

Afumba

Noob
Is this normal?
Yes - their are ppls that truely believe Ermac is overpowerd and his damage and especially SoulBall needs to be nerfed. You can just ignore those ppls... they are just too stoned to be taken seriously. Probably the same guys that think Jacquis handgun is OP or that Quan needs buffs.

Hey guys, i know that this recent patch for ermac was really disappointing, especially for mystic lovers like me, im really trying my best to make him viable but alas the nrs gods must really hate this incarnation of ermac, as we all know, wtf is that 1 percent buff on telepush? Like wth? You risk being automatically rushed down on block or even fully punished by almost everyone, work so hard by having good reads you risk to much and wth do you get? Yep 1 percent buffs, as discussed before it's either lessen the recovery ala mk9 ermac or mkx kenshi, or at least make it around 13-15%, but that's not the worse thing about this, have you guys ever noticed or found out that even though push and levitate's damage has been buffed, it scales the same as the recent patch when used during combos? I mean i have like a staple bnb 1 levitate 1 ex lev, then ends with a push that is around 38% now it's still 38% like wtf?? Please guys someone who has twitter or something report this to nrs :(
Ermacs scaling is weird since game came out. At higher % he is some sort of hard cap which is annoying... sometimes even extra hits dont do shit.
I agree with you that some things scale to hard, especially alte in the combo and compared to other characters but its wishful thinking that they gonna smooth things out a bit.

As long as you win, yes.

You need to get in every thread on the site and call him bottom 5, you know, like these guys:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/rip-kenshi-why-balanced-is-bottom-5-in-mkx-and-its-a-shame.55857/
(Interestingly Pig puts Mystic and Spectral in his actual bottom-6 list on the first page of that thread.)
Whats it gonna do? A few ppls will come in and agree with it... even more will say what they always do
"git gud" or "level up" or "SonicFox could win with it so improve"
"he is fine" or "he is were he should be"
"you are not a competitor so what you say means nothing" or "stop crying"
"pick another character" or "play MoS" (telling them MoS isnt top material either will just result in "no man l2p, Big D & Nikolasss placed with it"

Not to mention all the trolls, the wannabes that just come in to give a stupid comment and the ppls that will try to make the thread about their character being worse as if it would matter on the subject. Oh... and dont forget the ppls with no real oppinion or with no real clue about that character just coming in to say things like "no" or "lol" or post morronic gifs.

Too many ppls more concerned with making their character the best instead of making the game balanced. Objectivity is a nono for a lot of ppls here so even if someone would care to evaluate the concerns stated in such a thread... they have better things to do than go through piles of garbage to make out the small amount of valid posts. Such threads are a waste of time on this site.

So what did yall think about the wakeup reversal? I think this can be very effective and make ermac's corner game even more deadly
I've been using that for some time midscreen against wake ups that stay in place like ex-rising karma and I really like it. For some reason I never thought about using it in the corner but looks like it works great.
Thanks for sharing.

I've been using that for some time midscreen against wake ups that stay in place like ex-rising karma and I really like it. For some reason I never thought about using it in the corner but looks like it works great.
Thanks for sharing.
Anytime man. I made a thread on it, if you wanted more info for it.

Noob
So this might not be the place to ask this, but since you guys are the coolest ever and probably know more than me on this, i need opinions... im trying to get a set up for streaming and was thinking of getting the Elgato HD60, since its more or less in my price range, mostly because im still bying a cam and a yeti micro... I heard the Elgato 60 is pretty good anyone got any opinions???? Im mostly doing this cause due to work and stuff i generally play alone... i have no scene where im located atm and honestly my psn list is pretty small so i thought it would be a cool idea to get a setup going so i could play and talk to you guys and as well be able to show and record stuff a lot easier than what i do now...

Afumba

Noob
does spectral ermac have a shortcut for flight

i really dont like down down up
Could be worse... could be something like down forward up or forward down back. :)
I dont like those types of uneccessary inputs either but just "down up" wouldnt work...

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
It was noticed a while back that tiger-knee motions would trigger Levitate (same input). I don't know if you need easy-inputs turned on, but down-back will be considered a "down" input for the move. So try doing your b3/f4 and then rolling the stick through db/f to down and then hitting up and see if that works.

Afumba

Noob
down down up is worse than those b/c it's really hard to cancel b3 / f4 into it
I agree that canceling these into flight is hard... I barely use Spectral though & i mostly dont cancel these into flight either... so i am good :D

But i still think half circle motions are the most retardest input possible if you play on a pad. Only gets beat by 360 crap.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
mystic and spectral should get level 2 soul ball. push needs to be more safe, mystic is fun to ply and by no means bad but theres no real reason to pick it over mos for any match ups. i think spectral is beyond saving

delbuster

hungry
i disagree i think that if ermac could do his b3 and f4 into flight consistently he'd have a reason to be picked. he does pretty good damage off of stuff like f21 flight.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So I tried to play spectral Ermac because I saw NRS gave him flight combos. But honestly I think NRS dropped the ball big time on this one.

Flight input being "d,d,u" makes no sense for me. If there was one change I'd be the most vocal about it would be to make this a 2 direction + button input so I can actually manage to do cancels.

I didn't know there were gaps in his flight string which just makes them suck even more. I tried to get flight in after several different launchers and mid air juggles and it just doesn't seem feasible. There is a too much "lag" flight starts. It also feels like none of the strings really lend itself to flight combos.

If I were to change Spectral Ermac I would change the input of flight. Make his flight string an actual blockstring. Make the hitboxes better or give him different normals so I can actually hit people. Give him better reward for using any of his specials in flight, this includes ground pound, soul burst, superman, teleport. (I don't know much about Ermac so I can't go into detail on what that reward would actually be.)

A few dream changes that would be surprising to have:
air fireball and he can do more than one while flying.
New strings or he gets better cancels. (Make things like 112 only flight cancel-able.)
Be able to land after hitting with a flight chain.

He basically feels like NRS made "an Ermac", then decided to throw on flight as a special move. Really disappointing, because flight characters could be really fun to use and watch. But I don't know how all 3 of Ermac's variations play but I can tell this variation gives nothing for picking it. I've seen MoS can get 40% combos and that alone tops whatever Spectral is doing. I wanted to join the Ermac club but it doesn't seem like that's happening.

That's my view on Spectral Ermac from someone who just tried to learn Ermac. Thanks if you read.

Noob
So I tried to play spectral Ermac because I saw NRS gave him flight combos. But honestly I think NRS dropped the ball big time on this one.

Flight input being "d,d,u" makes no sense for me. If there was one change I'd be the most vocal about it would be to make this a 2 direction + button input so I can actually manage to do cancels.

I didn't know there were gaps in his flight string which just makes them suck even more. I tried to get flight in after several different launchers and mid air juggles and it just doesn't seem feasible. There is a too much "lag" flight starts. It also feels like none of the strings really lend itself to flight combos.

If I were to change Spectral Ermac I would change the input of flight. Make his flight string an actual blockstring. Make the hitboxes better or give him different normals so I can actually hit people. Give him better reward for using any of his specials in flight, this includes ground pound, soul burst, superman, teleport. (I don't know much about Ermac so I can't go into detail on what that reward would actually be.)

A few dream changes that would be surprising to have:
air fireball and he can do more than one while flying.
New strings or he gets better cancels. (Make things like 112 only flight cancel-able.)
Be able to land after hitting with a flight chain.

He basically feels like NRS made "an Ermac", then decided to throw on flight as a special move. Really disappointing, because flight characters could be really fun to use and watch. But I don't know how all 3 of Ermac's variations play but I can tell this variation gives nothing for picking it. I've seen MoS can get 40% combos and that alone tops whatever Spectral is doing. I wanted to join the Ermac club but it doesn't seem like that's happening.

That's my view on Spectral Ermac from someone who just tried to learn Ermac. Thanks if you read.
You got it wrong m8, NRS made MOS, and then proceeded to dismantle that variation to make the others, and just added Sugar Spice and everything nice, this wre the perfect ingredients to make the perfect little variations...

Afumba

Noob
i disagree i think that if ermac could do his b3 and f4 into flight consistently he'd have a reason to be picked. he does pretty good damage off of stuff like f21 flight.
Having a different oppinion is totally fine :) But i dont think that easier cancel option for those strings would make it a more viable pick.

The flight cancel stuff amps the damage what... like 1 and 4% for most combos? Especially if you use a bar midscreen the damage increase is not relevant in my eyes. Out of f21 i can get 35% midscreen for a bar using flight; i can get 34% without flight out of a f21 confirm into teleport.

Back to f4/b3.... For those starters you can do 38%/36% damage with a bar (at least those are the best i know of)... Meterless its still 27%/25%.
So whats like 1-4% on top of those do?

So the only thing you would get is better access to 1 more option that still doesnt do much & doesnt justify for the weaknesses this variation has.

I would be more inclined to agree with you if we had the option to cancel out of flight into ground strings... now i could see some benefits for better cancel windows on f4/b3...

Well but maybe its just me and i am missing something with Spectral completely...