What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an awesome Ermac player on X1 to teach me the how to fight the son of a bitch. I struggle every time Im up against an Ermac player! Also need practice against Sonya, Johnny Cage and Kung Lao if there are any willing but mostly Ermac. Message me on X1! I main Liu DF btw Gamertag I AM LYON

Noob
I accepted it with my phone, just send me a PS4 Msg if u want to play and Ill try to get online on PS4^^ ;)
im free all day so just let me know.

Can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an awesome Ermac player on X1 to teach me the how to fight the son of a bitch. I struggle every time Im up against an Ermac player! Also need practice against Sonya, Johnny Cage and Kung Lao if there are any willing but mostly Ermac. Message me on X1! I main Liu DF btw Gamertag I AM LYON
I almost feel like i should make like a mini series explaining how to play Ermac at a more high lvl than just doing random stuff... it feels like every day someone comes in here asking for help, a sort of mini series would probably be a much better service than me or any of the more high lvl Ermacs in here going on a 1 to 1 basis trying to help... @zaf bro let me know if that would be something relevant here for the forums

I almost feel like i should make like a mini series explaining how to play Ermac at a more high lvl than just doing random stuff... it feels like every day someone comes in here asking for help, a sort of mini series would probably be a much better service than me or any of the more high lvl Ermacs in here going on a 1 to 1 basis trying to help... @zaf bro let me know if that would be something relevant here for the forums
I believe we may have had a misunderstanding sir. :D Im not asking for help to learn how to play AS him. Looking for a high level Ermac to spar against to learn to beat him. At least get used to his moves a bit more. So lemme re-phrase. I need the most bad ass, mack-daddy, shit kickinest of all Ermacs to fight me repeatedly for a bit to learn to counter him. AI doesnt play close to human players and I feel like I get lucky more often then not when I do win against them. If thats anyone in here, I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance guys

zaf

professor
Hes asking how to fight against ermac. Not how to use him.

Noob
I believe we may have had a misunderstanding sir. :D Im not asking for help to learn how to play AS him. Looking for a high level Ermac to spar against to learn to beat him. At least get used to his moves a bit more. So lemme re-phrase. I need the most bad ass, mack-daddy, shit kickinest of all Ermacs to fight me repeatedly for a bit to learn to counter him. AI doesnt play close to human players and I feel like I get lucky more often then not when I do win against them. If thats anyone in here, I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance guys
I Understood you lol, but learning to play him or learning how he plays is also learning to defeat him... Ermac is not as straight-forward as most characters, he is a lot more complex than that, the key to beating him is understanding how he plays, what he is looking for, just fighting a really good Ermac over and over will not get you that far, you might learn a thing or 2 but you will mostly be learning how to beat that particular Ermac player, when you face another high lvl Ermac that might not play the same way you will still get beat, because not all of us play Ermac the same, you see where im going bro?

ANSHOXX

What if?
I think its kinda hard to find good players on Xbox 1. On Xbox 1 my Ermac nearly has beaten any1 who challenged me. Then I bought a PS4 and got rekt 24/7 by the good EU players lol. Its sad that most good players play PS4, cause the only reason to have an Xbox for MKX is ESL.
If u really find no Ermac to play, just add me on XBL (ACTA ANSHOXX). My Ermac should improve over the next weeks, cause Im practicing every day with tournament players om PS4 (but I lose 24/7 lol, I maybe win 5-10 games out of 100 vs those guys).

Yeah I feel ya, thats why I wanna get as many as possible under my belt. Always comes down to the stupid soul ball and ex teleport into full combos. Either way from every Ermac Ive seen, they follow the same routine with a few changes. Of course some do it better than others, but thats with anything. Besides, Im more of a "learn by doing" kinda guy. Videos arent retained very well. Id much rather have the 1 v 1s with as many good ermac players as possible.

And thanks shox, ill add ya now

ANSHOXX

What if?
@14K

Man, your tips already helped alot in ranked. Its ridicolous. The D1 Grab is insane and works every game 1-2 times, because no one expected it lol. The 11 and 111 help a lot to setup mixups after that. But I cant use Jmp db2 and Jmp BF2 fast enough online. That will need tons of practice for me. But thanks! That were insane tips!

Noob
@14K

Man, your tips already helped alot in ranked. Its ridicolous. The D1 Grab is insane and works every game 1-2 times, because no one expected it lol. The 11 and 111 help a lot to setup mixups after that. But I cant use Jmp db2 and Jmp BF2 fast enough online. That will need tons of practice for me. But thanks! That were insane tips!
Np man, glad i could help... The inst air stuff takes a lot of pratice and execution, keep at it the more you do it the easier it becames. you can do 11 grab as well just to throw ppl off if they are waiting for a mix up...

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Be wary of 11 as a means of setting things up too. In ranked it will work but smarter players know that nothing short of armor on block is guaranteed.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
So I was at a Godlike Saturday Tournament last weekend. My first offline Tournament since TCW. I did fairly well, came in 4 out of an okay number of people. What ended up killing me though was a GM Sub that put me in losers and a Heavy Weapons Jax that did me in 2 matches later. Sub Zero was all me, my neutral game wasn't on par and I kept ducking and getting hit by his b2. Also, for whatever reason, nerves maybe when I did correctly block the B2, the best punish I did was either a D1 or a F2 (Too slow to punish) when I spent the night before practicing either 222 up close, or ex lift at a distance for combo into soul ball capture. That was all on me.

Jax...

If I could be allowed a small bit of salt. I hate playing against this character. You have to guess right upwards of 3 times in a single string on whether its going to be a low or overhead. Or at the very least 2 times. Yes I know Overhead punch is full combo punishable, and you can block high to stop the straight, or risk ducking in crouched to whiff punish if you're feeling ballsy. But still. Also, this character has the easiest corner combos I've seen since Johnny Cage. I don't know the exact inputs, but what is that, 12, 12, 12, ex grab, 123, ex grab, grab, for 48%? 2 Bars yes i know but i always seem to spend a lot of time blocking Jax's strings. 11, D1D2 overhead, etc etc.

Salt over.

So I need to work on this MU a lot. It looks like it's overwhelmingly in Jax's favor but that's probably not true. Like Will I AM said on the Dexter's Lab CD, "Back to the lab again."

UPR_Nova

Noob
So I was at a Godlike Saturday Tournament last weekend. My first offline Tournament since TCW. I did fairly well, came in 4 out of an okay number of people. What ended up killing me though was a GM Sub that put me in losers and a Heavy Weapons Jax that did me in 2 matches later. Sub Zero was all me, my neutral game wasn't on par and I kept ducking and getting hit by his b2. Also, for whatever reason, nerves maybe when I did correctly block the B2, the best punish I did was either a D1 or a F2 (Too slow to punish) when I spent the night before practicing either 222 up close, or ex lift at a distance for combo into soul ball capture. That was all on me.

Jax...

If I could be allowed a small bit of salt. I hate playing against this character. You have to guess right upwards of 3 times in a single string on whether its going to be a low or overhead. Or at the very least 2 times. Yes I know Overhead punch is full combo punishable, and you can block high to stop the straight, or risk ducking in crouched to whiff punish if you're feeling ballsy. But still. Also, this character has the easiest corner combos I've seen since Johnny Cage. I don't know the exact inputs, but what is that, 12, 12, 12, ex grab, 123, ex grab, grab, for 48%? 2 Bars yes i know but i always seem to spend a lot of time blocking Jax's strings. 11, D1D2 overhead, etc etc.

Salt over.

So I need to work on this MU a lot. It looks like it's overwhelmingly in Jax's favor but that's probably not true. Like Will I AM said on the Dexter's Lab CD, "Back to the lab again."
I picked up Jax about three weeks ago because I hate paying against him. That's what I did with Johnny in MK9 and I ended up maiming him. Looks like that's what's going to happen in this game also.

But on topic, if you need some help with Jax I would be more than happy to help. Since I main both, I can give you perspective from both points of view. I can give some decent play online as well (I know it's online but if you are interested) to work out the kinks. I've found that patience is the key and respect for the EX OH after pokes and after blocked gotcha grabs. Otherwise, it's read based and whomever is in the other's head generally takes the match. I've played it a lot from both perspectives and I believe it's 5-5 because both hit hard and both always have meter. Pokes are around the same and both have around about the same range on f2 with Jax and f4 with Ermac. I feel like stagger is stronger with Ermac though as Jax pressure is fairly straightforward and has obvious ends. Does that mean it's easy to block? Hell no. I feel strong about it being 5-5, but I'm not 100% sure though because every match I feel still needs fleshing out.

Also keep in mind that HW cancels are generally negative if not all of them. Ermac with his 6 frame d1 should stuff pretty much all options after RC's barring armor. I would have to check the data on that to be sure but I have a feeling everything should, at least theoretically, be stuffed.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I'll play around with HW Cancels and test some things out. Appreciate it.

@zaf I heard you were giving some input about that set of matches. Anything you got for me?

zaf

professor
lol was so random... Meet a new guy who lives 5 mins from me.
Tells me he plays an ermac online, ends up being you lol
It was hard to tell from the match, since I think there was a lot of lag.. I seen a lot of missed inputs/ drops / weird uppercuts.
I only stayed for the first 3 games before I had to leave.

as for feedback, not a fan of doing a poke that is blocked into a blockstring.
online this works, sure. But offline, this gets punished into full combo
for example, D1 ( blocked ) into F4 or into B12, actually creates a huge window to get punished
This is more or less bad online habits, that get you killed offline.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Yeah I try to avoid doing stuff like that right off the bat. I've been trying to gauge now long the timing is for the -10 to be in effect and be back in the neutral position to where one could do a string. Those first few matches were ass. My connection with him seems to fluctuate between okay to "omg"

The later matches were better and I was getting into the zone a bit but you were gone by then lol.

I know you hate online (I do too) but if you could stomach a small number of matches sometime on PSN I'd appreciate it. If not I understand.

zaf

professor
Yeah I try to avoid doing stuff like that right off the bat. I've been trying to gauge now long the timing is for the -10 to be in effect and be back in the neutral position to where one could do a string. Those first few matches were ass. My connection with him seems to fluctuate between okay to "omg"
The later matches were better and I was getting into the zone a bit but you were gone by then lol.
I know you hate online (I do too) but if you could stomach a small number of matches sometime on PSN I'd appreciate it. If not I understand.
I have shit internet. It is terrible.
I can not combo online.
Ill see what I can do... But I would rather spend time in the lab then play online.

Noob
Hey guys, So... im here to share a bit of hmmm not necessarely tech but clsoe enouth i guess... Lately i have been running sets with really strong smart players, and after seeing my gameplay, even winning most of the first to 10s i do, i felt i needed to add a new layer of 50/50 mix ups to my game.. and i believe i found just what i was looking for with F3. Well F3 on block is safe at -3 and we all know by staggering the string you can mix them up with B3 or F4, well i believe with really good players this is not enouth and not only is it not enouth its still not the safest route to take, and so heres what i found and done successfully even online: (Notations at the end of the post)

Mix up table: rated from execution dificulty from easiest to hard:

1.After Showing the opponent enouth of the F3,4 String they will anticipate the double overhead to be coming, at which point you start doing F3 B3 Soul ball.
2. The following mix up is if your opponent is looking for the stagger on the F3 into B3 and so you do F4 instead
3. A really good or lucky player might be able to block the 2 previous ones so take a guess and try B32 string, its not a combo but nets you 17% on hit
4. Now comes the tricky stuff. So your opponent not only is smart lucky and knows how to block, well as Ermac you want to stay as safe as possible while still being able to pressure High/lows right? here is your next and if you have good execution option...

4.1. after F3 on an opponent that doesnt react right away i found the following to work pretty much everytime: F3 Stagger D3 into FJ IA Force Blast.
Now obviously this is all assuming the D3 hits for maximum frame advantage, if D3 doesnt hit you can still go for this but you have to keep in mind you might be poked out, in any case D3 is safe so there is no risk in going for this, if your D3 is blocked simply go back to Neutral play...

Heres a little Frame explanation for those interested. FJ IA Force blast is superior to NJ version of itself in terms of frame work and position because of the following. You want your IA FB to be as close to the ground as possible to garantee the overhead and as little time (Frames) to be returned to a Neutral possition after Block or Hit Frames are acerted; So with this being said after a D3 the NJ Takes more time/has more Frames ( Elevates you Higher) Before reaching required height for an IA Force blast to come out, than its counter part FJ, The Fact that with a FJ you travel Diagonally instead of vertically means your IA FB will come out Faster and Closer to the ground because you will travel less Space vertically. Another possitive that FJ version has over is counter part is the fact that leaves you closer to your opponent, so if you FJ IA FB lands you can go back to B3 or F4 mix ups whilst, with the NJ version you are not close enouth for a B3 to land so your only option if you want to continue with a mix up is F4...

Any Questions you guys have feel free to ask, or if you need help figuring out the execution or the frame data on hits and blocks.

IA: Instant Air
NJ: Neutral Jump
FJ: Forward Jumo
FB: Force Blast