General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

zaf

professor
So I checked the in game frame data.

Some of ermac's moves are now one more frame

S2 used to be 8 frames. Its now 9.
D1 used to be 5 its now 6.

Does this change ermac at all? Nope.

The frames were always like this. The in game frame data was just wrong.

Also if you remember tom Brady mentioning that there is a frame added to punish because there is 1 frame to let go of block.... Well this is false. Not true at all. He most likely was working off of incorrect frame data.

The frame data didn't change for just ermac but the whole cast.

So s2 can still be our fastest punish.

On other notes...
@Klesk_1 its not a reset the AI is just not set to block. Doesn't work.

For cross up anti air..
D2 can work
S1 can work
D1 into 22 can work
D3 to lower your hitbox
D4 works
You can also armor if you want
Run under them
Njp
Try to time a teleport (not consistent I find)

You just need to test which works best against each character. Some jump ins seems hard or impossible to anti air because they hit you.

But for the most part, for cross ups you can just neutral crouch to get the opponents cross up to whiff. Then trip guard punish. Also just test this against the character you are having problems with

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
I'm on the PC version btw, I just checked Mystic Ermac and his lift fall damage is still unscaled? I thought it was changed on the console version?

Afumba

Noob
So I checked the in game frame data.

Some of ermac's moves are now one more frame

S2 used to be 8 frames. Its now 9.
D1 used to be 5 its now 6.

Does this change ermac at all? Nope.

The frames were always like this. The in game frame data was just wrong.

Also if you remember tom Brady mentioning that there is a frame added to punish because there is 1 frame to let go of block.... Well this is false. Not true at all. He most likely was working off of incorrect frame data.

The frame data didn't change for just ermac but the whole cast.

So s2 can still be our fastest punish.

On other notes...
@Klesk_1 its not a reset the AI is just not set to block. Doesn't work.

For cross up anti air..
D2 can work
S1 can work
D1 into 22 can work
D3 to lower your hitbox
D4 works
You can also armor if you want
Run under them
Njp
Try to time a teleport (not consistent I find)

You just need to test which works best against each character. Some jump ins seems hard or impossible to anti air because they hit you.

But for the most part, for cross ups you can just neutral crouch to get the opponents cross up to whiff. Then trip guard punish. Also just test this against the character you are having problems with
d1 into b12 can work as well. Its possible to link f21 after it as well as it tends to raise the body a tiny bit.

TurboTaco

Mexican street vendor
Yeah it scales - at least on ps4 it does :)
Wow so much for the pc version being up to date with the consoles. Also I'm convinced the xray damage has to be a mistake, I cant think of a good reason why it would do so little damage

Afumba

Noob
Wow so much for the pc version being up to date with the consoles. Also I'm convinced the xray damage has to be a mistake, I cant think of a good reason why it would do so little damage
Well i think they are a lot of mistakes with Ermac in general lol :D Maybe once they add enough we get some attention^^

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Same here. When it comes to cross ups, I try to NjP (which I rarely pull off), or uppercut. Most of the time I let them get away with it and wait for their jump in combo to poke out (unless they are crossing me up non stop, then I time a NjP
Yeah, the NJP I tried but since it's noticably slower in MK X vs. MK 9, I don't risk it lol every time I try it I get stuffed by a JK or something haha. But yeah D1 and uppercut I agree work for me personally better, but if you can work with the well timed NJP more power to ya ;)

That's good to know actually. Didn't think it would work like it did in MK9 so I was hesitant in real matches. I've been going with d3 to lower my hitbox and create a situation where the opponent whiffs. Going to have to implement this.
It works perhaps not exactly like MK 9 but definitely works or has worked for me, D3 is good too, good thinking. I thought I noticed some of his down kicks making him lower but thought it was just me lol. Guess not. Good to know. Now I'm going to practice both lol to see which is more effective for sure.

UPR_Nova

Noob
Yeah, the NJP I tried but since it's noticably slower in MK X vs. MK 9, I don't risk it lol every time I try it I get stuffed by a JK or something haha. But yeah D1 and uppercut I agree work for me personally better, but if you can work with the well timed NJP more power to ya ;)

It works perhaps not exactly like MK 9 but definitely works or has worked for me, D3 is good too, good thinking. I thought I noticed some of his down kicks making him lower but thought it was just me lol. Guess not. Good to know. Now I'm going to practice both lol to see which is more effective for sure.
Although it may not be the best option for immediate combo damage, I have found that forcing the opponent to whiff with d3 and AT WORST landing a d3 for advantage creates situations for the overhead/low mixup on hitconfirmed d3 as well as great opportunity for 22 punishes from whiffed crossover attempts. If I could quit being a frozen statue, I would like to implement the back dash into my crossover prevention gameplan! Too easy to do, yet my fingers won't do it. Maybe one day....

MKF30

Although it may not be the best option for immediate combo damage, I have found that forcing the opponent to whiff with d3 and AT WORST landing a d3 for advantage creates situations for the overhead/low mixup on hitconfirmed d3 as well as great opportunity for 22 punishes from whiffed crossover attempts. If I could quit being a frozen statue, I would like to implement the back dash into my crossover prevention gameplan! Too easy to do, yet my fingers won't do it. Maybe one day....
lol yeah I hear ya. Last night went a bunch of rounds in KOTH against some solid players, this one guy had a nice Raiden(Thunder God) kept cancelling the electric ball throwing people off. I dethrowned him with Ermac though, he was crossing me up a few times I noticed D1 and uppercuts worked for me, and for me putting pressure on him (MOS) his B1, 2 is great for trapping people, then throwing or poking after then throwing so many mind games Ermac has with some of those set ups(aside from vortex set ups)

I have to say I also love how fast his D1 is, has to be one of the best pokes in the entire game.

zaf

professor
lol yeah I hear ya. Last night went a bunch of rounds in KOTH against some solid players, this one guy had a nice Raiden(Thunder God) kept cancelling the electric ball throwing people off. I dethrowned him with Ermac though, he was crossing me up a few times I noticed D1 and uppercuts worked for me, and for me putting pressure on him (MOS) his B1, 2 is great for trapping people, then throwing or poking after then throwing so many mind games Ermac has with some of those set ups(aside from vortex set ups)

I have to say I also love how fast his D1 is, has to be one of the best pokes in the entire game.
Just be careful with the B1. It whiffs on crouch block. ( I can imagine it might hit the bigger hitbox characters like ferra/torr)
Also, the block frames for the D1 change. I dont know if it was always -10 and was just incorrect in the game, but it shows up as -10 now and not -15. Which means we can abuse this a lot more on characters who cant do much

MKF30

Just be careful with the B1. It whiffs on crouch block. ( I can imagine it might hit the bigger hitbox characters like ferra/torr)
Also, the block frames for the D1 change. I dont know if it was always -10 and was just incorrect in the game, but it shows up as -10 now and not -15. Which means we can abuse this a lot more on characters who cant do much
Yeah, I've noticed some people were ducking under it. The B1 I mean, that's why I like and try to mix it up with his F4 overhead to keep them honest you know?

I guess the latest patch fixed some of the frames of moves. That's good.

Error

DF2+R2
Just played MKX for the first time today, I miss the big damage and having a projectile (mystic), but got comfortable with Ermac pretty fast.

Can someone reiterate to me what his go to strings should be?

Last edited:
Just played MKX for the first time today, I miss the big damage and having a projectile (mystic), but got comfortable with Ermac pretty fast.

Can someone reiterate to me what his go to strings should be?
f21d2 go to pressure string
222 punish
f4 overhead mixup
b3 low mixup
b321 best damage on a string, good ender
b12 good for juggles and far reaching

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I'm starting to think EX DB2 should really be a 10% damage move. I get that it's a GTFO me armoured move, but it's essentially a poke that sends the opponent full screen and in some MUs that's not ideal. 5% damage is pretty pathetic. Not asking for like 15% or anything silly like Jin-style but 10% is reasonable, especially since you can duck it. It often loses in damage trades on wakeup, leaving me to think you might as well use pushblock - at least they're sent back to a good spacing range.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Any strategies involving Disappear or Hover? How do you utilize them in battle?
I've been trying a bit of mind fuckery with these. Most matches I open with a jump back. Ill spam down and if they didnt jump at me, ill go into a hover and then floor slam. Then ill jump back one more and hover. Here I'll change it up with the floor slam, disappear, or teleport.
This is mostly when they hang back playing defensively. Then I will jump back and hold a disappear for a few, then when come out if they let go of block I will go teleport, d1, soulball.
After a few of those, theyll wait for the teleport, so I jump back, disappear, reappear, then hover, ground slam.
If fast enough you can hover, disappear, hover, etc, mess around with them.
If they rush you down, pretty much useless.
I still did a little disappear in air and had them not know I could hold it, and they do a combo at my feet, and i just neutral punch bounce them on the way down and go back into my normal stuff.
Im playing strictly online so some of this doesnt fly because the lag, or vice versa and sometimes it works because of the lag.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
It happened again! I knew I didn't imagine it during my match with the Sonya player a couple weeks ago. This is no WB Frog, this happened again. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a bug?

@colt ?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It happened again! I knew I didn't imagine it during my match with the Sonya player a couple weeks ago. This is no WB Frog, this happened again. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a bug?

@colt ?

Simple. The hit box of ex force blast is only the green spark at the beginning. SZ dashed through that and you whiffed. I think its intentional.

Devin Thorn

chimp damage
Hey guys! So I'm new to the site by have been playing MK since Mk3, really getting into Ermac and gettin a decent handle on him but I need some pointers. What's the gameplan vs Full Auto Jackie? I'm using Master of Souls (although I'm sure you could have guessed that lol)

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Hey guys! So I'm new to the site by have been playing MK since Mk3, really getting into Ermac and gettin a decent handle on him but I need some pointers. What's the gameplan vs Full Auto Jackie? I'm using Master of Souls (although I'm sure you could have guessed that lol)
So far I haven't come across one. Cant you just crouch, no block, under it and then teleport punch the next when it starts?

@colt ?
Might be just you. For reasons unknown, I think out of 200 matches, I've done less than 10 soul blasts. it just seems useless to me.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Seems like a long shot for it to be intentional. If that was true then Ermac outside of Mystic would be completely free on every knockdown aside from blocking or trying to back dash. You can low profile ex blast as well as the teleport. That and intentionally just walking forward or dashing through ex blast. No way that they would intentionally make a character so poor on wake up.

Afumba

Noob
What's Ermacs most damaging combo off of 222 that leads into a vortex?

Cheers
Meterless
222 teleport, d1 SoulBall, jip, b12 (27%; 29% with jip)
with 1 Bar
222 teleport, d1 ex lift, f21d2, run cancel b12 SoulBall, jip b12 (35% for vortex; 37% with jip)
222 ex lift, f21d2, jik teleport, 2 Soulball, jip b12 (35% for vortex; 37% with jip)

If Metzos is right & its intentional i think its bad thing. A timed dash that make it whiff would resolve in a full combo punish.

Only had few matches against Full Auto Jackie and those were Machine Gune only spammer.
Soulball, teleport and air disappear options should beat that & make them stop. Worked great for me at least.
Outside of her zoning you out damage her & it should be really though for her.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
been playing ermac past week, really good, finally found my main and pharoah costume looks sick.

hover into ground slam mixed with air teles >>