What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Seems like a long shot for it to be intentional. If that was true then Ermac outside of Mystic would be completely free on every knockdown aside from blocking or trying to back dash. You can low profile ex blast as well as the teleport. That and intentionally just walking forward or dashing through ex blast. No way that they would intentionally make a character so poor on wake up.

Are you sure about still being able low profiling ex force blast? Cause they made it mid after the last patch. It does makes sense though ex force blast to have active hit box around the blast and not behind it. Punishing it with a well timed dash seems almost jedi like, my concern is if certain characters can punish it with fast advancing normals or specials after Ermac is knocked down.

Afumba

Noob
Are you sure about still being able low profiling ex force blast? Cause they made it mid after the last patch. It does makes sense though ex force blast to have active hit box around the blast and not behind it. Punishing it with a well timed dash seems almost jedi like, my concern is if certain characters can punish it with fast advancing normals or specials after Ermac is knocked down.
Low profiling doesnt work anymore.

I find it depends on how hard the dash punish is honestly. If the opponent ends the combo close to Ermac its not the hardest thing in the world. After a sweep for example i can do it almost everytime. Also it looked easier to do with some characters than others. Dont know... With Ermac and Quan it seemed waaaay easier for example as with some others i tested it...
Anyway, its a 5% risk for a full combo its reasonable to go for it at times.

Tried with some special and advancing moves, but i wasnt able to make the Burst whiff. I was always hit after the move touched Ermac regardless.

KNX

Noob
You can still low profile it but you have to be point blank... It might depend on character as well. Probably not as viable to bait it out as it was pre-patch

zaf

professor
You can still low profile it but you have to be point blank... It might depend on character as well. Probably not as viable to bait it out as it was pre-patch
in the past, I know cassie has no problem to low profile this move
will test it today to see what it is like now.

@Afumba
What patch version do you guys have right now ?

Afumba

Noob
@zaf i play with version 1.04
I have to correct my statement on low profiling though. You still can do it pretty easily from sweep range and closer.
Dont know how i came to thinking that you couldnt do it anymore lol. Sorry about that.

zaf

professor
@zaf i play with version 1.04
I have to correct my statement on low profiling though. You still can do it pretty easily from sweep range and closer.
Dont know how i came to thinking that you couldnt do it anymore lol. Sorry about that.
All good. Thanks for letting me know.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Soooooo Kung Jin is a piece of shit to deal with....Ultimate troll. Safe moves that lead to 30+%, idiotic NjP, mixups, noob friendly, Does he have a reset too?
I play with a friend of mine and it's a back and forth with his main. He picks up Kung Jin and within 2 days, I beat him now 1 out of 10 times.

zaf

professor
Soooooo Kung Jin is a piece of shit to deal with....Ultimate troll. Safe moves that lead to 30+%, idiotic NjP, mixups, noob friendly, Does he have a reset too?
I play with a friend of mine and it's a back and forth with his main. He picks up Kung Jin and within 2 days, I beat him now 1 out of 10 times.
its better to record matches so we can see what is happening in those matches.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I haven't played a solid Kung Jin player yet. Usually if I see them do njp I'll wait and do armor force ball. Safe pokes on the ground to avoid getting whacked and always be mindful of dive kick.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I haven't played a solid Kung Jin player yet. Usually if I see them do njp I'll wait and do armor force ball. Safe pokes on the ground to avoid getting whacked and always be mindful of dive kick.
Everybody keeps saying the soul ball is armored. I dont see it. I keep getting hit out of it. Unless you mean Soul Burst, which is fully armored but doesn't lead into a combo

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Force ball as in db1? With meter it's got 1 hit of armor. Unless you're confusing it with Soul ball which is BF2 then no that doesn't have any.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Question for those that know the match up.

How do you fight against a rushing Jax? I got destroyed by 1 that I could do very little against when I was knocked down, he rushed Me & knocked me out of any wake ups I tried.

Cheers.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Question for those that know the match up.

How do you fight against a rushing Jax? I got destroyed by 1 that I could do very little against when I was knocked down, he rushed Me & knocked me out of any wake ups I tried.

Cheers.
Was he using Pumped Up?

Bopper69

Noob
How do you guys deal with rush down and pressure heavy characters? Ive just played a really good Johnny Cage player and he beat me 6-0 (I had 2 rounds total) and earlier I played a Sonya & a Jax player who was rushing me down and I had no chance.

I am finding Ermac to be useless against these type characters or genereally people who are fast and rush you down. People who like to crossup a lot also get the better of me as his anti air isnt very good at all. What is the trick for getting out of these situations as I find his pokes are not quite good enough and his wake up is awful. Same applies for being in the corner. Mid screen and controlling space im generally fine with.

Matchups I struggle with: Jax, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Erron Black, Sub Zero + Kano. Im aware not all of these are rush down, I just hate coming up against any of these if the opponent is a decent player.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Seems like Mystic is the preferred Variation for rush down characters. Lack's the raw damage you get in MOS, but TK Push has a fat hitbox, decent reach and when you meter burn you can drain a little bit of their meter. Plus it has armor on EX. I've found using a combination of TK Push & Ground slam, you can do an okay job. From there it all comes down to your ability to play footsies with Ermac. Get them out and keep them out. Especially Sonya, once someone like her, Jax or Cassie get in on you, getting them off can be very difficult.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
How do you guys deal with rush down and pressure heavy characters? Ive just played a really good Johnny Cage player and he beat me 6-0 (I had 2 rounds total) and earlier I played a Sonya & a Jax player who was rushing me down and I had no chance.

I am finding Ermac to be useless against these type characters or genereally people who are fast and rush you down. People who like to crossup a lot also get the better of me as his anti air isnt very good at all. What is the trick for getting out of these situations as I find his pokes are not quite good enough and his wake up is awful. Same applies for being in the corner. Mid screen and controlling space im generally fine with.

Matchups I struggle with: Jax, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Erron Black, Sub Zero + Kano. Im aware not all of these are rush down, I just hate coming up against any of these if the opponent is a decent player.
A lot of these come down to knowing the MU and your opponent's strings.

For example Jax's Pumped Up variation has insane pressure but when you know where you can poke, it gets easier to stop him when he starts to pressure. Much of the Jax MU is going in for an attack and backing up. Dont stay too long in his face because Ermac's pressure is easier to get out of compared to Jax's. It is possible to stay in his face because Ermac isnt a push over but it's definitely a MU you need to work for.

As for Sonya, she has a lot of safe stuff but it comes down to knowing her mixups. The rest too really

Bopper69

Noob
Seems like Mystic is the preferred Variation for rush down characters. Lack's the raw damage you get in MOS, but TK Push has a fat hitbox, decent reach and when you meter burn you can drain a little bit of their meter. Plus it has armor on EX. I've found using a combination of TK Push & Ground slam, you can do an okay job. From there it all comes down to your ability to play footsies with Ermac. Get them out and keep them out. Especially Sonya, once someone like her, Jax or Cassie get in on you, getting them off can be very difficult.
Thanks for the help. I didn't really think of trying mystic, ill have to pick it up. Come to think of it ive played some mystic Ermac players and that tk push has caught me a lot.

A lot of these come down to knowing the MU and your opponent's strings. As for Sonya, she has a lot of safe stuff but it comes down to knowing her mixups. The rest too really
That is true, I dont think it helped because that was literally the first sonya, jax and jcage players I have have played, they dont seem to be too popular. Think ill have to get in practice mode to learn the mixups and frames. But yeah i just found getting out incredibly hard once they were in.

Hey I'm learning Ermac, and so I'm looking for partners to train with. My PSN ID is Aqua152, so yeah, add me and we can play a few games.

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
i was wondering the same, or maybe they included that 'note' in this patch to cover their stealth patch of the glitch from last time?