What's new

Guide - D'Vorah D'Vorah's Placement in the Cast

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Gtfo with your agenda logic.

Anyone can just backdash the first hit of EX nutpunch and punish. Easy money. Even if you're in the corner and you have to take both hits on block, barely any characters can't punish it.

Lol Alien's tail flip is -7 and gets punished by almost half of the cast. How is a -12 move that you can backdash out of mid attack, not punishable?
I actually didn't know you could backdash rhe ex nutpunch. Also , i was referring to u getting hit by both punches. I'll retest this after i get off work tho.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Paulo's list of things to do...

Nerf Alien, Mileena, JC, and D'Vorah...

Reactions...

The dozen or so downplaying tier whores...

Everyone else...

...and after some time passes, some of the tier whores will have moved on...

...while the rest will be playing Takeda.

Then, it will be his turn to square off with Paulo.
Hey.

You know something. You might be right. While everyone cries and bleeds about alien and millena.

Takeda Takahashi... That cat is a great character who IS very balanced should be picked up more and given more respect and due then he's gotten so far.

And I don't even pick or main this guy but I know fighting games and this character belongs in tier discussions more so then the repeatedly "top 5" or "top 3" characters always mentioned on tym.

Reactions: GAV

Wigy

There it is...
Johnny has like 4 different + blockstrings which u can armor, but u can be armor broken with 11.. Dvorah has 1 and much easier to armor. Also i think his d4 hits her in her f2 range. Perhaps im playing it wrong, to me its just her defense is lackluster which i am fine with its tough dealing with . Johnny havin a safe armored launcher kinda makes up for his lack of so called 50/50s in which he literally has to make u guess anyway. He creates 50/50 or mix up watever u wanna call it. How do u suppose i approach the mu ?
Jc cannot approach you because of d4. Your approach is much much easier, f2 f1 and d3/d4 just dominate footsies so jc cant get his game going.

You can completely negate his zoning with dvoras broken hitbox.

In the corner u can space yourself for meaty pokes and jc has to just take it cause his options either have no range or are high.

Jc can't jump and cant antiair you properly.

Jc cant do much against your oki either.

I can think of more if this doesnt help

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Jc cannot approach you because of d4. Your approach is much much easier, f2 f1 and d3/d4 just dominate footsies so jc cant get his game going.

You can completely negate his zoning with dvoras broken hitbox.

In the corner u can space yourself for meaty pokes and jc has to just take it cause his options either have no range or are high.

Jc can't jump and cant antiair you properly.

Jc cant do much against your oki either.

I can think of more if this doesnt help
i will admit i have not labbed a list A CRAP TON, i only labbed the stuff that gave me trouble. with a 9 month yr old n job it's hard to juggle all these matchups PROPERLY. if u r on ps4 which i assume u are, then we can't play. i wish i could get some games in w you bcuz i really suck at this MU n no johnny ever wants to spar wen i ask.. but i will take ur advice on this and try it against random johnnys online who body me lol

Can people at least acknowledge that D vorah pokes are good and bad at the same time lol. D4 is great in neutral and in general bc pressure gets going on hit detached hitbox

The problem is against pressure her armor is meh but her pokes are ass for defense lol
Not complaining just asking that everyone acknowledge this

Wigy

There it is...
i will admit i have not labbed a list A CRAP TON, i only labbed the stuff that gave me trouble. with a 9 month yr old n job it's hard to juggle all these matchups PROPERLY. if u r on ps4 which i assume u are, then we can't play. i wish i could get some games in w you bcuz i really suck at this MU n no johnny ever wants to spar wen i ask.. but i will take ur advice on this and try it against random johnnys online who body me lol
Yeah fair. Just explaining,

As far a the A - List vs Swarm Queen MU goes, as an A - List main who's maining training partner is a SQ Dvorah i can vouch that the MU is definitely harder than most.

Johnny (literally) might as well lose his ability to throw projectiles against her. She can straight up under them and f1, for a full punish. Also using EX forceballs for pressure/chip after 114 is also useless, as she can not only neutral duck, she can then full combo punish.

s1 also whiffs on her when crouch blocking, meaning it not only does not jail after anything, she can just poke under it for frame advantage. Obviously crouch blocking against Johnny is always risky, but it is still a factor that i have to consider when trying to pressure/chip with different methods.

And the biggest ( imo ) problem with the MU is that in neutral, Johnny struggles a LOT. When you're at the range of Dvorah's d3, you're pretty much at her mercy. F3 doesn't work, jumping doesn't work, EX shadow kick doesn't work since it gets low profiles, and your d4 is also useless at that range against her. Im also almost certain that her d3 can not be whiff punished either.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Not top 3 because her fastest poke is 8f and she has shit armor. If she had a better armor then yes she would be top 3. I'd say top 5, at the very least top 7.

Without a doubt extraordinarily good, she isn't the best of the best in the game due to the armor, the poke, and no easy armor breaking strings like a Liu Kang, Jax, or Alien. Had she have either easy armor breaking strings or a better armor, I'd definitely say top 3.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Some of the replies in this thread have me waiting for the "you can make a good argument for Dvorah not winning a single match up" post.

Wigy

There it is...
For me, top 3 is mileen/alien for first/second toss-up and jc/dvora for third tossup.

But i would probably put d'vora above jc.

Having a 8f poke isnt really death anymore since most of the bullshit pseudo infinite 1 frame to trade an 8f poke is gone. Not to mention her d3 and d4 are arguably best in the game for neutral.

There a long list of stuff has that jc doesn't have that she does, vice versa the list is definitely shorter.

Anyone who plays jc knows how bad his offence gets shut down by a good d4

Kano
Goro
Kotal
Dvora etc.

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I was dying laughing last night. I didn't recognize the commentator, but his commentary was great...

"People who use Alien have no soul."

"People that play Alien all talk about how nice they were with Tanya before the nerfs."

"Playing against Alien is like a coin flip, but its always Alien's call and Alien has a double-sided coin."

"Alien players be like, 'Yo - its always my turn!!!'"

I know how to fix it. Remove the armor on the EX Flip. You don't like it? Then, pick the quote that matches you.

Then, nerf Piercing Mileena, A-List JC, and D'Vorah. Those 3 are less broken than Alien, just like Takeda is less broken then those 3.

Question: Who would that leave as #1?