What's new

Guide - D'Vorah D'Vorah's Placement in the Cast

Tweedy

Noob
I don't think Jax beats D'vorah. Imo Jax is just very solid overall. Notice how he's not #1, but almost every community thinks that Jax beats their character? Imo Jax has everything, but is an average joe in every area besides armor, in comparison to D'vorah. Way less safe, needs meter for good midscreen damage, tougher to meaty with, D'vorah's D4 and F1 are better footsie tools than anything that Jax has(taking risk, range and speed into account), less mobile.

I'm not sure where i'd put Swarm Queen. I have days where I think that Mileena and Alien are the best, other days where I think Cutthroat and Sonya/D'vorah are the best. I think everyone agrees that she's a lock for top 7-8.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
The only thing you can know for sure is that D'vorah is top 10 100% guaranteed. Nobody's going to agree on a top 5 every time. Takeda, Kano, Sonya, Mileena, Cage and Alien are S tier characters. Some think Alien is the best, others think Mileena is the best, there are even those who think Sonya is the best. It's all subjective, there are many good characters in this game right now.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
But why? I'm not talking shit I just want to hear your perspective.
You just have to play the matchup really different. Instead of b12 xx clone you know she will f2 punish, you can b12 block or b12 11 for example. Your clone placement also has to be very different from most characters, walk away, and if she puddles just run in and full combo punish. She still has an edge in the matchup but It's not as big as people think.

You just have to play the matchup really different. Instead of b12 xx clone you know she will f2 punish, you can b12 block or b12 11 for example. Your clone placement also has to be very different from most characters, walk away, and if she puddles just run in and full combo punish. She still has an edge in the matchup but It's not as big as people think.
b12 11 yeah that works LOLOOOLOOOOOLOOOOLLLLL

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I never use unsafe clone cancels vs D'Vorah. I'm not sure where you're going with B12 11 because B12 is minus 6 on block, which doesn't really allow for Sub to do a follow up. I definitely do need to work on it, but the thing is that all of Sub-Zero's strings are negative so she can just go into pressure on every blocked string. The way the characters are designed allows D'Vorah to do what she is good at, and hurts Sub-Zero's ability to do what he is good at. I don't think it's an 8-2 or anything crazy like that but it's in the ballpark of 7-3 imo. Thanks for the reply tho, I'll see what I can do. :)

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
What? So instead of getting a Clone out off B12, in this match up he gets to hold F22 into run cancel pressure. And this is one of the positive things you have to say as to why it's not 7-3?

you wrong

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
What? So instead of getting a Clone out off B12, in this match up he gets to hold F22 into run cancel pressure. And this is one of the positive things you have to say as to why it's not 7-3?

you wrong
Or doing a 7 frame high while you're minus 6 lol. I don't think all of his points were bad tho. He is definitely right that your Klone placement has to be different though.

Wigy

There it is...
Top 3

Only tool where she isnt top 5 in the game for is armour.

Pokes
Air game
Pressure
Oki
Counterzoning
Staggers
50/50s
Pokes
Buttons in general

All top 3-5. Very few characters are so solid in so many departments.

God Confirm

Or doing a 7 frame high while you're minus 6 lol. I don't think all of his points were bad tho. He is definitely right that your Klone placement has to be different though.
It's already a much weaker character vs an arguably top 5 character, and his points are saying is that for this match up, the much weaker character has to completely scrap a lot of the optimal stuff he has to begin with, and also can't ry use Clone properly in the neutral. Oh great Sub can punish a puddle when used stupidly, just like everyone else in the game.

It's almost undeniably the worst match up in the game, only a Dvorah main would argue it's only a 6-4

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
It's already a much weaker character vs an arguably top 5 character, and his points are saying is that for this match up, the much weaker character has to completely scrap a lot of the optimal stuff he has to begin with, and also can't ry use Clone properly in the neutral. Oh great Sub can punish a puddle when used stupidly, just like everyone else in the game.

It's almost undeniably the worst match up in the game, only a Dvorah main would argue it's only a 6-4
Yeah you don't need to convince me that it's awful. I also have it as a 7-3. For a matchup, tier placement doesn't really matter though. Like the much better characters overall that Sub can beat like Jax or Cassie. But the undeniably worst matchup in the game is Imposter Shinnok can Ferra/Torr. Holy shit that is retarded.

God Confirm

Yeah you don't need to convince me that it's awful. I also have it as a 7-3. For a matchup, tier placement doesn't really matter though. Like the much better characters overall that Sub can beat like Jax or Cassie. But the undeniably worst matchup in the game is Imposter Shinnok can Ferra/Torr. Holy shit that is (soap bar in my mouth).
Overall power level absolutely does indeed matter when comparing a match, because first off you look at the match up specific interactions are, but you also have to see what each character is capable of to begin with. I mean, Dvorah has better significantly pokes, mids, 50-50s, buttons in general, and damage everywhere on the screen than Sub does. Even if the nature of the character didn't completely counter the nature of Sub, there would already be a few ticks in DVo's column for this match up. It's like if we compare CSZ to Mileena. I can't think of any MU specific interactions that make this one particularly bad, one character is simply a lot stronger than the other. Sure, hypothetically a bottom tier character can by nature of design have a good MU vs the best character in the game, a tier list doesn't stop this from being true. But saying overall power level flat doesn't matter on an individual match up scale is just wrong.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sure, hypothetically a bottom tier character can by nature of design have a good MU vs the best character in the game, a tier list doesn't stop this from being true.
That's literally the point I was trying to get across... Tier lists are based on matchups, not the other way around.

God Confirm

That's literally the point I was trying to get across... Tier lists are based on matchups, not the other way around.
ok, I described one character as top 5 in power level and one character
just as "much weaker to begin with".

That "point" btw, I mentioned to show you that I understand what you are saying, but doesn't change the fact that a top 3 character will almost always be stepping in the ring with a significant advantage over a bottom 3 character, unless there is a crapton of MU specific BS. Tier lists may be based on winning match ups, but winning match ups are affected by overall power level of a character and what they are actually capable of and what they aren't, so yeah this is just a silly technicality that didn't even apply here to begin with and is really derailing the thread, so let's move on

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
ok, I described one character as top 5 in power level and one character
just as "much weaker to begin with".

That "point" brw, I mentioned to show you that I understand what you are saying, but doesn't change the fact that a top 3 character will almost always be stepping in the ring with a significant advantage over a bottom 3 character, unless there is a crapton of MU specific BS. Tier lists may be based on winning match ups, but winning match ups are affected by power level, so yeah this is just a silly technicality that didn't even apply here to begin with and is really derailing the thread, so let's move on
Yeah I'm not arguing over a technicality when our statements are basically mirroring each other

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
D'vorah is going to do f2 after the clone coming from b12, not just b12 itself. If you try to do your 11, most likely, her 112 is gonna beat that, and then it just goes downhill from there
Gotta test her early and fast

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Top 3

Only tool where she isnt top 5 in the game for is armour.

Pokes
Air game
Pressure
Oki
Counterzoning
Staggers
50/50s
Pokes
Buttons in general

All top 3-5. Very few characters are so solid in so many departments.
Acidic
Piercing
A-List

Dont even try it. A list beats Swarm Queen and so does Acidic. Piercing i think may be 5-5 simply cus D3 neutralizes b12. Dvorah pressure is nowhere near A list pressure or her armor. She Also doesn't have a meterless restand positive enough to put u back in a 11 stagger f2/113 cancel bullshit blender. Stop

I don't think Jax beats D'vorah. Imo Jax is just very solid overall. Notice how he's not #1, but almost every community thinks that Jax beats their character? Imo Jax has everything, but is an average joe in every area besides armor, in comparison to D'vorah. Way less safe, needs meter for good midscreen damage, tougher to meaty with, D'vorah's D4 and F1 are better footsie tools than anything that Jax has(taking risk, range and speed into account), less mobile.

I'm not sure where i'd put Swarm Queen. I have days where I think that Mileena and Alien are the best, other days where I think Cutthroat and Sonya/D'vorah are the best. I think everyone agrees that she's a lock for top 7-8.

Pleaseeee. Jax has a positive advancing mid, 6 frame standing one, positive 11 stagger, positive 7 projectile, safe gotcha grab.. He def gives her problems. Wont say its losing I'd be fine with 5-5 but don't act like she handles him well...