What's new

Guide - D'Vorah D'Vorah's Placement in the Cast

SaJa

FH_FenriR
People forgot to say that Dvorah has a very low hitbox :> and she's the only one that can safely upercut jump kicks. The upercut + ground hitbox is also good against crossups.

Tweedy

Noob
Acidic
Piercing
A-List

Dont even try it. A list beats Swarm Queen and so does Acidic. Piercing i think may be 5-5 simply cus D3 neutralizes b12. Dvorah pressure is nowhere near A list pressure or her armor. She Also doesn't have a meterless restand positive enough to put u back in a 11 stagger f2/113 cancel bullshit blender. Stop

Pleaseeee. Jax has a positive advancing mid, 6 frame standing one, positive 11 stagger, positive 7 projectile, safe gotcha grab.. He def gives her problems. Wont say its losing I'd be fine with 5-5 but don't act like she handles him well...
Please what? You didn't counter any of my points, I never said that it's not 5-5, etc.

Jax's F2 and F3 are not as good as D'vorah's F1. F3 is death on block and F2 slower. D'vorah's D4 is also a better footsie tool than anything that Jax has.

Wigy

There it is...
Acidic
Piercing
A-List

Dont even try it. A list beats Swarm Queen and so does Acidic. Piercing i think may be 5-5 simply cus D3 neutralizes b12. Dvorah pressure is nowhere near A list pressure or her armor. She Also doesn't have a meterless restand positive enough to put u back in a 11 stagger f2/113 cancel bullshit blender. Stop

Pleaseeee. Jax has a positive advancing mid, 6 frame standing one, positive 11 stagger, positive 7 projectile, safe gotcha grab.. He def gives her problems. Wont say its losing I'd be fine with 5-5 but don't act like she handles him well...
D'vora beats JC.

This is a known thing.

You're clearly playing it wrong.

D'vora is more complete in all departments over JC except reversal armour.

He might edge it over her moderately with pressure, but she has legit 50/50s and proper staggers. Everywhere else, shes better.

Mileena and alien probably better than her though.

Snoop88

Noob
Top 5 no doubt. As a Sub main I think that NRS should delete this character in next patch. It's RIDICULOUS! ;)

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Thank you all for the placements you gave. It seems she's in between the 3-6 range being swapped between JC, and Takeda.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Ummm A-list beats Swarm Queen? I don't think so, the 11 stagger pressure is not an MU specific thing that only D'vorah has to deal with and makes the MU bad for her, it's something everyone has to deal with, but even then, 11 or at the very least Johnny's S1 will whiff right over her cause of her female hitbox.

You're right that she doesn't have a rest a meterless restand and into guaranteed pressure, instead she puts you on the ground and you cannot get up off the fucking ground. You get a meterless DOUBLE DIGITS PLUS PUDDLE that hits low and guarantees pressure on block and gets you a full combo on hit. And then you have the ovipositors that have no hurtbox on them whatsoever which BTW your ji also has this where the thingy from her hand has no hurtbox, you still have as good footsies as cage does, only reason your footsies aren't as good is cause cage can whiff cancel that shit.

You also have safe 50/50s which Cage doesn't have, not saying he needs it, but D'vorah most certainly does not need that shit.

Only thing Johnny really has over her is better armor than her, other than footsies and armor, which the footsies category is pretty damn close mind you, it seems to me as if she beats Cage at least 6-4, defs not 7-3 but she IMO for sure has the advantage.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Ummm A-list beats Swarm Queen? I don't think so, the 11 stagger pressure is not an MU specific thing that only D'vorah has to deal with and makes the MU bad for her, it's something everyone has to deal with, but even then, 11 or at the very least Johnny's S1 will whiff right over her cause of her female hitbox.

You're right that she doesn't have a rest a meterless restand and into guaranteed pressure, instead she puts you on the ground and you cannot get up off the fucking ground. You get a meterless DOUBLE DIGITS PLUS PUDDLE that hits low and guarantees pressure on block and gets you a full combo on hit. And then you have the ovipositors that have no hurtbox on them whatsoever which BTW your ji also has this where the thingy from her hand has no hurtbox, you still have as good footsies as cage does, only reason your footsies aren't as good is cause cage can whiff cancel that shit.

You also have safe 50/50s which Cage doesn't have, not saying he needs it, but D'vorah most certainly does not need that shit.

Only thing Johnny really has over her is better armor than her, other than footsies and armor, which the footsies category is pretty damn close mind you, it seems to me as if she beats Cage at least 6-4, defs not 7-3 but she IMO for sure has the advantage.
I really don't think she beats him. Everyone is just listing tools but not playing the matchup outright. You actually CAN get off the ground ppl r just dumb and don't delay wakeup. Out of the b21 puddle setup u can backdash. Anything else cancelled into puddle on the ground u can wakeup free. After dvorah f112 wgc u can jump over her or out of another one. Can't defend the safe 50/50 its dumb. His d4 low profiles her f1 and if he knees her once it's gg. Not sure but id his d4 on hit enough to start his f3 pressure?

x TeeJay o

D'vora beats JC.

This is a known thing.

You're clearly playing it wrong.

D'vora is more complete in all departments over JC except reversal armour.

He might edge it over her moderately with pressure, but she has legit 50/50s and proper staggers. Everywhere else, shes better.

Mileena and alien probably better than her though.
Johnny has like 4 different + blockstrings which u can armor, but u can be armor broken with 11.. Dvorah has 1 and much easier to armor. Also i think his d4 hits her in her f2 range. Perhaps im playing it wrong, to me its just her defense is lackluster which i am fine with its tough dealing with . Johnny havin a safe armored launcher kinda makes up for his lack of so called 50/50s in which he literally has to make u guess anyway. He creates 50/50 or mix up watever u wanna call it. How do u suppose i approach the mu ?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
After dvorah f112 wgc u can jump over her or out of another one
Na you cant. F112 wgc is +12 and the 1 or 2 strings jail afterwards. You can't jump out of f112 wgc f112 either. Not sure about b1 or f2 afterwards but I would imagine you can't jump that either.

Unless you meant f112 into puddle. That you can jump free. Just about anything into puddle can be avoided, even on hit. Puddle is a good move but people show way too much respect to it

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Johnny has like 4 different + blockstrings which u can armor, but u can be armor broken with 11.. Dvorah has 1 and much easier to armor. Also i think his d4 hits her in her f2 range. Perhaps im playing it wrong, to me its just her defense is lackluster which i am fine with its tough dealing with . Johnny havin a safe armored launcher kinda makes up for his lack of so called 50/50s in which he literally has to make u guess anyway. He creates 50/50 or mix up watever u wanna call it. How do u suppose i approach the mu ?
Johnny has safe armored launcher? No

x TeeJay o

Johnny has safe armored launcher? No
Nut punch armored? Dude its the same as aliens tail flip but with pushback. Its not safe frame data wise , i mean as in its basically safe because of the space it leaves him at and push back. Its near impossible to punish for some

x TeeJay o

Na you cant. F112 wgc is +12 and the 1 or 2 strings jail afterwards. You can't jump out of f112 wgc f112 either. Not sure about b1 or f2 afterwards but I would imagine you can't jump that either.

Unless you meant f112 into puddle. That you can jump free. Just about anything into puddle can be avoided, even on hit. Puddle is a good move but people show way too much respect to it
Ya i know i mean after f112 wgc. F112 wgc f112 isnt a thing anymore tho. Only thing that jails is 1 , 2, and d4. Like after u block f112 wgc 2 , u can jump after the blockstring instead of taking another f112 cancel

Tweedy

Noob
Nut punch armored? Dude its the same as aliens tail flip but with pushback. Its not safe frame data wise , i mean as in its basically safe because of the space it leaves him at and push back. Its near impossible to punish for some
Gtfo with your agenda logic.

Anyone can just backdash the first hit of EX nutpunch and punish. Easy money. Even if you're in the corner and you have to take both hits on block, barely any characters can't punish it.

Lol Alien's tail flip is -7 and gets punished by almost half of the cast. How is a -12 move that you can backdash out of mid attack, not punishable?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't think Jax beats D'vorah. Imo Jax is just very solid overall. Notice how he's not #1, but almost every community thinks that Jax beats their character? Imo Jax has everything, but is an average joe in every area besides armor, in comparison to D'vorah. Way less safe, needs meter for good midscreen damage, tougher to meaty with, D'vorah's D4 and F1 are better footsie tools than anything that Jax has(taking risk, range and speed into account), less mobile.

I'm not sure where i'd put Swarm Queen. I have days where I think that Mileena and Alien are the best, other days where I think Cutthroat and Sonya/D'vorah are the best. I think everyone agrees that she's a lock for top 7-8.
How does Jax need meter for good midscreen damage exactly? If this is being weighed by Wrestler then are we factoring in Venomous for D'Vorah?

And I'm pretty sure overhead options are the only area where Jax falls short on safety compared to D'Vorah.

Also, umm...

Lol Alien's tail flip is -7 and gets punished by almost half of the cast.

STRYKIE

Sorry man but you're behind on the times on this one, EX Nutpunch was nerfed to -14 and no longer knocks himself backwards in the corner, I'm pretty sure everyone has at least one way to punish it now....

Tweedy

Noob
How does Jax need meter for good midscreen damage exactly? If this is being weighed by Wrestler then are we factoring in Venomous for D'Vorah?

And I'm pretty sure overhead options are the only area where Jax falls short on safety compared to D'Vorah.

Also, umm...

So are you saying that Heavy Weapons Jax gets better combos midscreen than D'vorah? Factoring in meter usage, corner carry, damage, frame advantage on knockdown.

I know this is TYM where if the specific poster can't do something, it isn't possible, so I won't even follow up on the part about Alien's tail flip.

ZATA

Noob
D´vorah is like 6 or 7, her cancels are different on block, hit, offline, online, with monitor, TV...... and different timing between F11, F22, B1 is a pain in the ass, d´vorah looks good on paper but in reality none is getting top 8 with her, beside honeybee.

Tweedy

Noob
And don't even tell me that I made assumptions about your point of view. You made assumptions about me first.

I only mess around with HW Jax, and I know for a fact that D'vorah gets better combos midscreen, with no meter. You don't know me BRAH.

STRYKIE

So are you saying that Heavy Weapons Jax gets better combos midscreen than D'vorah? Factoring in meter usage, corner carry, damage, frame advantage on knockdown.

I know this is TYM where if the specific poster can't do something, it isn't possible, so I won't even follow up on the part about Alien's tail flip.
Damage no, corner carry yes, meter usage is optional for both Heavy Weapons and Swarm Queen, frame advantage on knockdown is all subjective to what you plan on going for afterwards.

And I'm not talking about the "difficulty" of punishing Alien's meterless OH flip (which is highly exaggerated even if you have to do it without a reversal IMO), you're saying "half the roster" can punish it. There are 33 characters in this game and the actual number of characters who can legit punish it doesn't even exceed single digits.

Osagri

D´vorah is like 6 or 7, her cancels are different on block, hit, offline, online, with monitor, TV...... and different timing between F11, F22, B1 is a pain in the ass, d´vorah looks good on paper but in reality none is getting top 8 with her, beside honeybee.
So we are placing chars into tiers based on how easy char is,if u have tv or monitor, online offline? Pls

ZATA

Noob
So we are placing chars into tiers based on how easy char is,if u have tv or monitor, online offline? Pls
yes u are right i made a dumb post, she have a few bad MU, SR Takeda , war god Kotal, pyro tanya, bone shaper shinnok, ronnin takeda, allien and F/T, I don´t think she is top 5.

Osagri

yes u are right i made a dumb post, she have a few bad MU, SR Takeda , war god Kotal, pyro tanya, bone shaper shinnok, ronnin takeda, allien and F/T, I don´t think she is top 5.
Now we are talking. Could u give me a little insight why do u think these are bad mu's for dvorah?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Paulo's list of things to do...

Nerf Alien, Mileena, JC, and D'Vorah...

Reactions...

The dozen or so downplaying tier whores...

Everyone else...

...and after some time passes, some of the tier whores will have moved on...

...while the rest will be playing Takeda.

Then, it will be his turn to square off with Paulo.