What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

KNX

Noob
I don't want to say 112 WC 212 is impractical yet but it's fucking hard compared to what it used to be.

Uhh, I really feel for any SQ players going to CEO. I'm trying to picture doing the above cancel in tournament with 3 days practice and I can't really see it. Especially since you'll be re-wiring your muscle memory as opposed to learning from scratch.

All I'm saying is to have a sub character ready or keep Venomous handy.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Also, I much prefer a nerf making execution even tighter yet still practical over a nerf that actually hurts the character itself(like way less damage on combos, not being able to combo from 112 and b1 at all for example).

They were going to nerf her anyway, this is like a slap on the wrist compared to the punch in the face it could've been imo. Execution will improve and make this less of an issue over time.

I don't want to say 112 WC 212 is impractical yet but it's fucking hard compared to what it used to be.

Uhh, I really feel for any SQ players going to CEO. I'm trying to picture doing the above cancel in tournament with 3 days practice and I can't really see it. Especially since you'll be re-wiring your muscle memory as opposed to learning from scratch.

All I'm saying is to have a sub character ready or keep Venomous handy.
Yeah it's definitely rough for Ducky(is he going?) and Bee to adjust muscle memory for such difficult execution in such a short amount of time. Especially since Bee is flying all the way from Canada.

I however expect my nerves to hit me once again and go 0-2 asap, then its off to party and Disney world!

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Also, I much prefer a nerf making execution even tighter yet still practical over a nerf that actually hurts the character itself(like way less damage on combos, not being able to combo from 112 and b1 at all for example).

They were going to nerf her anyway, this is like a slap on the wrist compared to the punch in the face it could've been imo. Execution will improve and make this less of an issue over time.

Yeah it's definitely rough for Ducky(is he going?) and Bee to adjust muscle memory for such difficult execution in such a short amount of time. Especially since Bee is flying all the way from Canada.

I however expect my nerves to hit me once again and go 0-2 asap, then its off to party and Disney world!
So f112 wc 21 is no longer a frame trap ?

Honestly I dunno what execution skills you guys have but for a mere mortal like me B1 WGC 212 was already difficult enough :(
I suppose I'll have to level up my execution.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord

You seriously think you're going to be able to hit a 1 frame link consistently in tournament? And when I say consistently, I mean 100% of the time. If you can't get it 100% of the time, then it's never going to be good enough for high level play.

haketh

Noob
You seriously think you're going to be able to hit a 1 frame link consistently in tournament? And when I say consistently, I mean 100% of the time. If you can't get it 100% of the time, then it's never going to be good enough for high level play.
Vega players did it in SGIV and it's happened in many games.

KNX

Noob
Also found another nerf guys. f112 xx Ovi Rush doesn't seem to work at the end of Swarm Vortex combos anymore. Guess that fucks me over, I'd sometimes use that ender to go for straight wall carry over the air throw ender (does 1% less but carries further) but it's legit not an option now. Tried it from all scenarios. They just drop out

NRS why? :(

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Me? Man, I told you how bad I get with nerves at ECT, it'd be a miracle if I managed to land anything decent ever lol.

You on the other hand I believe will be able to land them with consistency in tournaments by the time EVO rolls around.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
They took the most technical character in the game and made it more difficult to execute her stuff. 112 bug cancel 212 isn't reliable to punish things and b1 bug cancel 212 isn't reliable either. Her pressure took a hard hit. If you think this patch didn't really affect her, I disagree entirely.
Bump lol

4x4lo8o

Noob
Man, this change is frustrating. I just picked up the game last week and I've spent so much time since then practicing wasp cancels. Didn't even get to see the fruits of my labor before they nerfed it. I really hope learning the execution on this character is still worth it

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Me? Man, I told you how bad I get with nerves at ECT, it'd be a miracle if I managed to land anything decent ever lol.

You on the other hand I believe will be able to land them with consistency in tournaments by the time EVO rolls around.
Lol. Don't say these changes are fine unless you are capable of winning with them. They're not fine.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Lol. Don't say these changes are fine unless you are capable of winning with them. They're not fine.
As I am now I wouldn't be capable of winning in tournament without the changes, but casuals after I've cooled down, sure. I'm hitting 112s and b1s very consistently playing with my brother right now though, the only cause of me dropping them being me not used to holding 1 long enough in a match yet. Every time I've gotten the run I've hit the link, and the change is a lot less noticeable on 112 than it is on b1.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I think the really harmful nerf out of this is the distance you can run after f22 wc and still hit the link. It's so much shorter than before.

KNX

Noob
Vega players did it in SGIV and it's happened in many games.
These links have also been dropped many times. Not to mention SFIV has the option of plinking to allow for slightly better leniency. Still, to say all Vega players are 100% with the jab into strong links in particular... No way.

She has not got on buff since they started patching. They could of at least tried to make brood mother viable.
I think this is what's pissing me off as well. They're so focused on making Swarm Queen shit that they haven't taken a single look at her other variations. Brood Mother is still one dimensional and they've done nothing to make this variation stronger.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'll be streaming for a bit at Twitch.Tv/EGP_Krayzie

Some post-patch D'Vorah stuff, questions, concerns, and answers. :)

This is such a devastating nerf especially before a major. They literally sent SQ players back to day 1. It's so frustrating. More frustrating is that it's not out on Xbox yet so I can't even test it for myself.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
This is such a devastating nerf especially before a major. They literally sent SQ players back to day 1. It's so frustrating. More frustrating is that it's not out on Xbox yet so I can't even test it for myself.
I am on xbox one. At 9:30 pm est the patch started downloading for me. It is 2.5 gb so its going to take awhile.

KNX

Noob
I'm contemplating whether re-grinding her execution is even worth it at this point.

Feels like I'm straining myself just to get a meterless 30%. Guess I'll see how I feel in a couple days.