What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
I'm contemplating whether re-grinding her execution is even worth it at this point.

Feels like I'm straining myself just to get a meterless 30%. Guess I'll see how I feel in a couple days.
You shouldn't think about it like that, its going to do more harm than good. You've already put in most of the work, now you just have to adjust some things. It's like having to reread a chapter or two in a book because you forgot some things, rather than starting all the way from the beginning.

The most time consuming one will be getting used to holding 1 on b1 I think. After a nice long set, I can confidently say getting 112 down was a quick fix for me.

haketh

Noob
These links have also been dropped many times. Not to mention SFIV has the option of plinking to allow for slightly better leniency. Still, to say all Vega players are 100% with the jab into strong links in particular... No way.
You can't plink jab links and pretty much all Vega players his them with 95% regularity. That's not even going into things like Sent players getting refly links down pat and those are multiple 1 frame links in a row or something like Kyo Cr. B into St. C. It sucks but you can get one frame links down.

Thing I'm upset about is Brood Mother still not getting any damn looks.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
112 wgc into 212 definitely got harder. I may just go to venomous and learn a different character. I mean these nerfs just don't make sense. Its like they only want you to do f11 and f22 WGC. These nerfs have just made making reads on what she will do to you easier.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
She has not got on buff since they started patching. They could of at least tried to make brood mother viable.
Taking the D1 OS out of the game was pretty much a venemous buff.

Wait, so f112 WGC is no longer possible on block or something?
Its possible it is just not as plus. Its around +11 now.

I get nerfing f112 WGC but I dont get adding 3 frames to the window for WGC. She's still good, but not as good.

Last edited:

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Taking the D1 OS out of the game was pretty much a venemous buff.

Its possible it is just not as plus. Its around +11 now.

I get nerfing f112 WGC but I dont get adding 3 frames to the window for WGC. She's still good, but not as good.
She's dead .... I'm in practice rn. Oh my ... u can back dash the f112 wc now . Smh

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
While i'm still happy about kitana and mileena buffs, I was never aware of how hard the nerf stick hit D'vorah until i read this thread....OMG Is D'vorah going to suffer the fate of injustice scorpion?

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Does f112 cancel still plus? Is their a gap? Do cancel combos like f22 cancel and f11 harder? I just picked her up a week ago and she's probably my main. I don't want everything I learned to be grabage

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Does f112 cancel still plus? Is their a gap? Do cancel combos like f22 cancel and f11 harder? I just picked her up a week ago and she's probably my main. I don't want everything I learned to be grabage
F112 wc can be backdashed from what I've tested. Also u have to hold the wc longer

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
So f112 is broken when used in a combo. If you do something like 212 xx db1, f44, f112 xx db4 the db4 will not connect. This also makes a lot of conversions unreliable, since sometimes it will hit and sometimes it won't.

Jermball

Noob
So f112 is broken when used in a combo. If you do something like 212 xx db1, f44, f112 xx db4 the db4 will not connect. This also makes a lot of conversions unreliable, since sometimes it will hit and sometimes it won't.
specifially F44 F44 F112 DB4 no longer works. you have you cut it to F11. the 2 frames of cancel advantage we lost made us lose a couple enders.. but it's not that terrible.. i just don't understand why they haven't fixed the d'vorah x-ray glitch(edit: they did fix it) but they hit her with all these changes.

KNX

Noob
You shouldn't think about it like that, its going to do more harm than good. You've already put in most of the work, now you just have to adjust some things. It's like having to reread a chapter or two in a book because you forgot some things, rather than starting all the way from the beginning.

The most time consuming one will be getting used to holding 1 on b1 I think. After a nice long set, I can confidently say getting 112 down was a quick fix for me.
I wish it were simply an "adjustment", in pressure situations where you have to rely on 112 WC to win you the deciding tournament match we'll see how reliable this shit really is...

You can't plink jab links and pretty much all Vega players his them with 95% regularity. That's not even going into things like Sent players getting refly links down pat and those are multiple 1 frame links in a row or something like Kyo Cr. B into St. C. It sucks but you can get one frame links down.
It can be done, but now I have to adjust to something that was difficult but perfectly doable, to something that's now even harder. Even if I get it more consistent, the room for error is higher, yet the reward doesn't change. All it means is that these combos will have a higher drop rate, nothing more. The character went from fairly difficult execution to retarded. Feel sorry for any poor dope that's decided they want to learn this character.

I did mention this on the previous page. RIP to my wall carry options...

I can't even manage to land B1 WGC 11B2 now and 11B2 F44 F112 xx DB4 doesn't work anymore, this patch makes no sense. I'm very frustrated, all those fuc*ing hours spent just on B1 WGC 212...

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Its' kind of weird that they made the changes so it's still possible. I feel like if they didn't want it as part of her game play, they should have removed it completely rather than make it extremely difficult.

Its' kind of weird that they made the changes so it's still possible. I feel like if they didn't want it as part of her game play, they should have removed it completely rather than make it extremely difficult.
It's because they want to troll us: they are making her B&B 2 frames links so that we spend some whole days in the lab just to remove them in the next patch.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Yeah, this nerf is a little obnoxious, they should've just weakened f112 WGC's frame advantage and not touch anything else. Now every bnb has to be rethought and remastered, plus b1 WGC doesn't even seem worth it anymore, except as a mindgame.

It's not like she's bad, she's still very good, but it's an annoying nerf.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So i'm trying D'Vorah out, but i'm confused about something.

I thought she had the ability to hold the Krawler in place in Brood Mother? Did they take this out or am I missing something?

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Well my execution in matches is adjusting surprisingly fast, but I have Venomous ready for CEO just in case by some miracle I do decent and need to bust it out.

So i'm trying D'Vorah out, but i'm confused about something.

I thought she had the ability to hold the Krawler in place in Brood Mother? Did they take this out or am I missing something?
No, thats bug blast. That's a pretty cool idea though.