What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Question, if I make a combo thread for swarm queen will it get deleted ? I know there's already a thread but it's kinda all over the place and unorganized it can be difficult to read through. I plan on bring very creative and make it easy to navigate. Unless there's a way to have the original thread for combos optimized ? It makes me sad :/
I got my combos already but I'd appreciate a more organized thread

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
What do you guys do if your opponent just blocks high?? Is it a case of just d3\4 until they block low & pounce with the F22 fbc? Or is there a better way to open them up?

Cheers

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
What do you guys do if your opponent just blocks high?? Is it a case of just d3\4 until they block low & pounce with the F22 fbc? Or is there a better way to open them up?

Cheers
Also keep in mind that F112 WGC B12 Airthrow does 20% with chip and combo damage. Not bad chunk of life at all. Also if the only block high you can keep going F112 D4, F112, D4, F112, D4 (Whatever followup you want). It's a frame trap and will do 16.50% just on chip and D4 hits. That'll encourage them to block low and open up the F22 combos.

Read the advanced guide and there's nothing about OS's. Anyone wanna help me out? I have no idea how they work in this game.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Read the advanced guide and there's nothing about OS's. Anyone wanna help me out? I have no idea how they work in this game.
The way OS are done in this game are by putting in the input for the special then quickly pressing another button (most people just press down) to cancel the previous if your string is blocked.

D'vorah for example has an OS off her F112 string. During F112 if you input F11, ex DF1 (D) 2 if the F11 hits you will get bug bomb, if not the F112 string will continue.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Was mulling over the Jax match up and had a bit of an idea (that needs testing). One problem I have when playing my mates jax is that when I have him cornered I sometimes have to give up the offence in case he wakes up and combos me for 40%.

Then I got to thinking about potential OS. Is it possible for us to OS an ex ovi from f11 on hit? That way if he gets up and blocks, no ex ovi, though if he wakes up ideally the f11 is cancelled into armour, protecting us from the wakeup and keeping jax in the corner, but most importantly letting him know he has less options.

When comparing it OS's like quans b2 trance OS, I dont see why it shouldnt work, apart from maybe the armour not starting quick enough. I will test this when I'm home in a few hours, but has anyone already tried this and if so, is it useful?

@HoneyBee @Krayzie @Blind_Ducky @Zoidberg747 @Under_The_Mayo

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Devorah still pretty goog but she don't have "tools" for go out of the corner like Quan I claim balance not a buff.
Can't have everything, the best we can do is make the right reads and don't get put in the corner. Also it being plus won't help her out the corner when they can just see properly and whiff punish, or just jump over completely

DEVILJ23

Grim Reaper
Can't have everything, the best we can do is make the right reads and don't get put in the corner. Also it being plus won't help her out the corner when they can just see properly and whiff punish, or just jump over completely
I think jump is not an option but I will still working with her.

So I see some people land her b1 into bug spray with no problem, but I pull my hair out.... Her F+3,4 into F+4,4... more bald patches... Are the inputs extremely fast to get b1 into the spray? :-(

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
So I see some people land her b1 into bug spray with no problem, but I pull my hair out.... Her F+3,4 into F+4,4... more bald patches... Are the inputs extremely fast to get b1 into the spray? :-(
Are you talking about Venomous? If so, b1 into spray is an easy input, since you can't really hit confirm it just do b1 into df1. I do it by making a sweeping motion after I do B1. F34 into F44 is just a timing thing