What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Is there a list of + on block WGRCs and roughly how + they are? I know of F112 but that's it. As many of you know, we have many people in M2Fool's thread complaining about run cancels (with any character) that go into true blockstrings and I plan on making a thread to explain why it would be a bad idea to adjust them.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Hey guys just picking up dvorah. I've been using mileena and kitana since released and while I am a character loyalists, I also don't descriminate when it comes to female characters. I've been gping hard in the lab with her for about 4 days got used to her strings, cancels, and punishers/optimal combos for online. Since then I've tried to use her online and got mopped cus cancel is hard on the netcode. Didn't help that I played against kenshi a lot. Any pointers and tips doing the cancels easier ?

Hey guys just picking up dvorah. I've been using mileena and kitana since released and while I am a character loyalists, I also don't descriminate when it comes to female characters. I've been gping hard in the lab with her for about 4 days got used to her strings, cancels, and punishers/optimal combos for online. Since then I've tried to use her online and got mopped cus cancel is hard on the netcode. Didn't help that I played against kenshi a lot. Any pointers and tips doing the cancels easier ?
When I first starting playing her online, I used to run cancel before the wasp came out because I wasn't used to the delay. Not sure if that is your issue but try waiting until the wasp gernade comes out before run cancelling. Also, stick to the easier cancels like f112 WGC, f11 WGC, f22 WGC. F112 and f22 wgc on block are sometimes rough online. Just hold the wasp gernade in an extra half second or so and you should be fine.

x TeeJay o

When I first starting playing her online, I used to run cancel before the wasp came out because I wasn't used to the delay. Not sure if that is your issue but try waiting until the wasp gernade comes out before run cancelling. Also, stick to the easier cancels like f112 WGC, f11 WGC, f22 WGC. F112 and f22 wgc on block are sometimes rough online. Just hold the wasp gernade in an extra half second or so and you should be fine.
Yeah I try to wait a bit but then they armor through it and I get blown up. Especially rising karma.

Yeah I try to wait a bit but then they armor through it and I get blown up. Especially rising karma.
f112wgc is the only block string the opponent can't armor out of if you do it correctly. Try it out in practice mode. Set Kenshi to rising karma on reversal and do f112wgc. 21, 2, 112, etc Rising karma won't come out untill you finished your block string. Check out the swarm queen guide that's stickied. It helped me out a lot.

x TeeJay o

f112wgc is the only block string the opponent can't armor out of if you do it correctly. Try it out in practice mode. Set Kenshi to rising karma on reversal and do f112wgc. 21, 2, 112, etc Rising karma won't come out untill you finished your block string. Check out the swarm queen guide that's stickied. It helped me out a lot.
Ya I did that last night. It doesn't come out until the 21 is finished so I just block after that to bait it out right ?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Is there a list of + on block WGRCs and roughly how + they are? I know of F112 but that's it. As many of you know, we have many people in M2Fool's thread complaining about run cancels (with any character) that go into true blockstrings and I plan on making a thread to explain why it would be a bad idea to adjust them.
I'm pretty sure F112 is her only plus one

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Anyone wanna go ahead and see what differences the patch made? I'm guessing f112 WC isn't quite as plus now and a lot of cancel combos probably wont be possible either (b1 for example).

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Yeah they are making it so you can't dash cancel after wasp grenade until after 3 frames. So that will probably make things harder to combo.

Changes:
  • D'Vorah - reduced the cancel advantage after Pterothorax combo (Towards + FP, FP, BP) by 2
  • D’Vorah (Swarm Queen) - must be in the Bug Bomb held loop for 3 frames before you can dash cancel out of it

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Anyone wanna go ahead and see what differences the patch made? I'm guessing f112 WC isn't quite as plus now and a lot of cancel combos probably wont be possible either (b1 for example).
I'll be able to in a bit. f112 should still be plus, just not plus enough to not have a gap. I think b1 is fine as well, it'll just be a lot tighter.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Is bug bomb the MB version? Might not actually change anything drastically actually.

EDIT: Yeah it is so I dont actually know what they mean by that, I guess it's just more unsafe or there's less hit stun? Or they just don't know the name of their moves lol.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Is bug bomb the MB version? Might not actually change anything drastically actually.

EDIT: Yeah it is so I dont actually know what they mean by that, I guess it's just more unsafe or there's less hit stun?
I don't trust their wording. Last patch they said wasp grenade got increased scaling but it was really bug bomb.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Just downloaded the patch

F112 wc is still +, d1 beats out Cassie's 6 frame flip so I'm guessing with the changes, when done perfectly, you're around +11

B1 and 112 wcs still work just fine