What's new

Question - Quan Chi Does Quan Chi really need a true armored wake up attack?

Does he need it?

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Sky drop is ass in this game. It wasnt that good in MK9 but at least you could control where he landed and it hit if you when through the ground portal! Ive had so many times where i went through the ground portal only to get hit out when i landed by a special move or random whiff attack the opponent threw out. Which is why i did the Drop in the first place to punish!!!

Sorry had to vent. Now as far as wake up goes summoner doesn't need it imo cause of all his other tools. Warlock got portal slam which made the variation from a ok variation to a good variation so he doesn't need it. Sorcerer i dont know because ive played that one the least.
While sourcerer can do massive chip damage with metter and final hex circle, he is more of a keep away/defensive/zoning type of char on that variation.

I get that he is top tier but as a defensive variation he should at least have one "get off me" reversal move, even if it doesn't combo into anything.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I swear to god, why do you people want a character who already places in top 8s at most tournaments constantly to get fucking buffed.
...there's been 2 majors lol. Quan did have 2 spots at NWM, and one at Combo Breaker where he placed 7th. We had Shazaam winning tournaments in injustice and rain winning tournaments in MK9. This doesnt make them OP just because players can get them into tournaments early

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
I take a massive risk doing my ex tele, to get poked on the way down like an aa or have someone uppercut my ARMORED FOOT, sometimes it even whiffs for no reason, so yeah, he needs a little adjustment there, other than that he is op

RYX

BIG PUSHER
did someone say shitposting

...there's been 2 majors lol. Quan did have 2 spots at NWM, and one at Combo Breaker where he placed 7th. We had Shazaam winning tournaments in injustice and rain winning tournaments in MK9. This doesnt make them OP just because players can get them into tournaments early
compare mkx quan to either of those characters and tell me you didnt laugh

i mean i wont lie having a bad wakeup probably gonna hurt later in the road but quan probably the only person who's actually compensated for that

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
did someone say shitposting

compare mkx quan to either of those characters and tell me you didnt laugh

i mean i wont lie having a bad wakeup probably gonna hurt later in the road but quan probably the only person who's actually compensated for that
Most chars have reversal moves that combos, he doesn't have any of that, maybe I word it wrong? Maybe what he needs is a true reversal move even if it doesn't combo? Again will be punishable and a bar of meter, does it sound fair?

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Where would he stand in his Warlock variation?
I'd venture and say that he's not "horrible", he just loses quite a bit by not being Summoner. He loses his free 50/50 reset (Costs a bar in Warlock), Zoning changes a bit (F3 is fun, but its no bat) and of course his strings become unsafe without meter usage (Bat makes 'em safe).

I don't know where to place him, but in my opinion Quan in general is very solid. Maybe Warlock is top 10-20?

Redk9

Noob
He said tournaments. Not majors. Plus you used examples of tournaments in attempt to counter his point. Please don't even try to imply quan chi is anything but top 5. Every top player puts him there, AND Reo used him. If Reo uses him lets be real...

if hes already top 5 without it then no he doesnt need it duh

I hope ur not beeing serious cuz... Its been 1 month people are not absuing certain things yet or knowing the match up 100% , otherwise everybody would have armored through wargod sword cancels and Takeda gimmicks. IF Quan doesn't get any wakeup hell get bodied at evo simply becuz the opponent just need one Knockdown and its gameover. Erron black vs Quan chi is The worst HKD everytime then have to guess 25/25/25/25.