What's new

Question - Quan Chi Does Quan Chi really need a true armored wake up attack?

Does he need it?

• Total voters

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Oh I'm very cereal my friend.

In a game heavy dominated by rush down, safe 50/50, vortex big damage combos etc zoning/defensive chars need better defensive tools in order to deal with all the auto pilot scrubbyness lol.
your character has said 50/50s /vortex and zoning
I've been hit with standing resets from quan chi
Also your character has the best zoning game in the game and is able to control space extremely well at all times
Your character also builds a stupid amount of meter from said zoning

Maybe it's ok that his wake up is bad? Since he literally has everything else and then some

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
your character has said 50/50s /vortex and zoning
I've been hit with standing resets from quan chi
Also your character has the best zoning game in the game and is able to control space extremely well at all times
Your character also builds a stupid amount of meter from said zoning

Maybe it's ok that his wake up is bad? Since he literally has everything else and then some
Well it's already -80 and doesnt lead to full combos so why not?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I like this poll. We need more like this, it completely defeats the point of discussion.

No, I don't think Quan needs any buffs or nerfs. He's fine.

the one with the skeleton hands, give that guy some stuff, hes alright- the other two are OP because sometimes I lose to them and that means they are broken chars

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I don't think wake up is the place armored moves are most important, it's armoring through pressure(and as an option in neutral). Is his vortex so strong that he shouldn't have an armored option out of pressure like every other character in the game has? I'm not saying he needs it, but it just makes sense with the flow of the game that he should have a viable armored option.

Let's just fucking making puggles have one fucking hit of armor while we're at it, jfc
Seems to me uve got ur Ass beaten alot by Quan chi, u make it sound like he is the only character with 50/50's and a vortex. AGAIN: why should Sky Crush be useless when its already full combo punishable by the whole cast with a ridicolous startup of 37 frames. What about Sorcerer?

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Seems to me uve got ur Ass beaten alot by Quan chi, u make it sound like he is the only character with 50/50's and a vortex. AGAIN: why should Sky Crush be useless when its already full combo punishable by the whole cast with a ridicolous startup of 37 frames. What about Sorcerer?
It also doesn't lead to full combos like most armored wake ups in this game.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I swear to god, why do you people want a character who already places in top 8s at most tournaments constantly to get fucking buffed.

Aramonde

Noob
Sky drop is ass in this game. It wasnt that good in MK9 but at least you could control where he landed and it hit if you when through the ground portal! Ive had so many times where i went through the ground portal only to get hit out when i landed by a special move or random whiff attack the opponent threw out. Which is why i did the Drop in the first place to punish!!!

Sorry had to vent. Now as far as wake up goes summoner doesn't need it imo cause of all his other tools. Warlock got portal slam which made the variation from a ok variation to a good variation so he doesn't need it. Sorcerer i dont know because ive played that one the least.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Just wanna add, while its great that Warlock got En. Portal Scoop as a advancing low armored wake-up, its just yet another thing that (Quan) Warlock has to keep in mind with meter usage. It costs us a meter to perform the standing reset (En. Portal Stab) and all of his high damage output requires the use of Ex. Rune, which lets not forget that its usually the better option to use anyways since both B2 and B32(4) are unsafe on block by themselves.

Warlock Quan is super duper meter dependent. Add that majority of the cast has unreadable 50/50s (AKA yo ass is guessing) and it makes meter even MORE important, since getting caught in two or three 50/50 options in a round usually means its time to use a Breaker unless you're willing to let the round go. I'm not saying its horrible, nor is he the only one thats this way, but it surely means that even though we "have" a good armored wake up, we still can't just throw it out there without thinking about it.

I'd suggest just playing Warlock like Summoner and Sorcerer for the moment, and get used to blocking on wake up. Quan doesn't need it, BUUUUUUUUT....when you catch someone trying to get all up in those guts with a wake up portal grab, feel free to grin. (also, don't forget to brush the extra swag off of your shoulders after you trance them, Warlock Quan has some free time during that moment.)