What's new

Question - Quan Chi Does Quan Chi really need a true armored wake up attack?

Does he need it?

• Total voters

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
As a Sorcerer Quan Chi player I'm going to say flat out no he doesn't need one. Don't get knocked down and use the Armor Rune zoning to your advantage. 141 to setup is already a fantastic option that lets Quan Chi perform lots of actions after the hard knockdown. Also, as much as people hate blocking on wake-up on this forum and would rather opt for armored moves or launching moves, learning how to properly read 50/50s is essential to Quan Chi's neutral game. Lets just try to work around this one guys.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Armored wakeups are good for characters that need them. A majority of the cast in this game don't need armored wakeups, but this game is filled with them anyway, so why not give Quan-Chi armor? Fuck it. He needs it!

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
That's basically what you guys are saying. "I know my char is most likely top 5, places top 8 at every single tournament since the game released, and has great tools in literally every other department, but I'd really like to ALSO have a way to stop you from pressuring me, after I just zoned/vortexed you to death on your way to pushing me into the corner." At least kenshi and Kitana mains were playing a character that was actually mid to low tier during their downplay, this shit here is just ridiculous.
Have you been watching MKX tournaments lately? Look at the way Michaelangelo loses, he gets knocked down and its game over. Not even breaker saves him since it drains stamina meter too.

I wouldn't mind a slight nerf to his vortex or whatever just give us a true reversal for sorcerer variation.

Placing top8 with summoner and placinf with sorcerer are two dif things. Go back and read the OP kiddo. This is about sorcerer only.

Reactions: GAV

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Have you been watching MKX tournaments lately? Look at the way Michaelangelo loses, he gets knocked down and its game over. Not even breaker saves him since it drains stamina meter too.

I wouldn't mind a slight nerf to his vortex or whatever just give us a true reversal for sorcerer variation.

Placing top8 with summoner and placinf with sorcerer are two dif things. Go back and read the OP kiddo. This is about sorcerer only.
Yea I've watched the tournaments, like X battle, where he placed 5 in one of the most stacked tournaments that was also round robin format. For every video or loss that you can find with Quan getting pressured and losing, I could find 2 with wins where he vortexes or zones the shit out of someone for the win. Seriously, get good. If you really struggle so bad with your top tier char switch to summoner, even though both are solid as fuck and would be one of the last chars of the cast to receive a buff. You ever wonder why nrs only gave the buff to warlock? Cuz the other 2 are fine, stop downplaying

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Yea I've watched the tournaments, like X battle, where he placed 5 in one of the most stacked tournaments that was also round robin format. For every video or loss that you can find with Quan getting pressured and losing, I could find 2 with wins where he vortexes or zones the shit out of someone for the win. Seriously, get good. If you really struggle so bad with your top tier char switch to summoner, even though both are solid as fuck and would be one of the last chars of the cast to receive a buff. You ever wonder why nrs only gave the buff to warlock? Cuz the other 2 are fine, stop downplaying
Accuses me of tier whoring. Mains Cassie and Sonnya lol.

I got many pocket chars, i don't struggle I just counter pick. My point is that Quan shouldn't get knock down once and his whole life is over. While other chars get to make a few mistakes, quan only gets to make one anf its over. And LBSH in this game it isn't hard to get in lol.

protools27

Rebel without a scene

I got many pocket chars, i don't struggle I just counter pick. My point is that Quan shouldn't get knock down once and his whole life is over. While other chars get to make a few mistakes, quan only gets to make one anf its over. And LBSH in this game it isn't hard to get in lol.
Number one I don't play Sonya. And the difference is I'm not in my chars forums asking for buffs for my already top tier char. Like I said it's clear nrs looked at Quan and decided to give warlock a move the other variations didn't, and for good reason. Sorcerer Quan is fine.

The Highlander

There can be only one

He's not asking for sonya or cassie buffs. You on the other hand are complaining, despite playing one of the best characters in the game.

Like I said it's clear nrs looked at Quan and decided to give warlock a move the other variations didn't, and for good reason. Sorcerer Quan is fine.
he already had that move but it was a enhanced string that is unsafe unlike any other MB string so there was no reason to use the string whatsoever. Warlock mb portal stab already does the job as a wakeup except sometimes just whiff if the opoonent is right in ur face.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Number one I don't play Sonya. And the difference is I'm not in my chars forums asking for buffs for my already top tier char. Like I said it's clear nrs looked at Quan and decided to give warlock a move the other variations didn't, and for good reason. Sorcerer Quan is fine.
Sky drop supposed to have armor but it doesnt. We want it fix to have its proper armor and slight faster start up. What part of this don't you people get?

Tigerbang

Legendary doodbro
This thread was a HILARIOUS read so I gots to get in on this so lets see ummm ok, ok here we go: Yes the character that ANY player can vortex with that even knows how to do basic special move commands Totally needs Fantastic Armor/Escape option in ALL Variations AND Fuck it just incase you Quan Do'ers are lacking tac (or meter after this slight buff) to deal with pressure he CLEARLY needs a 6frame d+1 Too but......WAIT!!!!!!! THATS NOT ALL ! For all you Quan Playa and Playettes having a hard time starting that sexy magic you do were throwing in a COMPLIMENTARY Kotal Kahns diagonal Jumping 1 FREE OF CHARGE/SALT as our gift to you and remember always STAY FREE :)

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
Sky drop supposed to have armor but it doesnt. We want it fix to have its proper armor and slight faster start up. What part of this don't you people get?
1 yes it does have armour
2if it is working 'properly' then NRS would have fixed it by now
3the thread is asking for sorcerer buffs, but you're asking for slight sky drop changes. Only way NRS would probably 'buff' sky drop in sorcerer would be if it were completely overhauled in that variation. Also, be very careful what you wish for, if enough people... Complain... That he could get an actual universal wakeup attack, possibly at the expense of something that actually makes him decent, he's good enough as it is, asking for any more changes is like playing a game of Kurplunk right now.
One wrong move and Quan could lose his good marbles, and for the love of god I don't want to main a shitter again!

First of all nobody is asking for an armored launcher nor is anybody asking for a wakeup that sends the opponent fullscreen giving quan enough frame advantage to start zoning .

Quan's Sky Crush already had armor since day 1 but the armor is not functioning correctly.
Sky crush cost one bar, sends them 2 characters length away, not enough frame advantage to get the summon puggles or a Spellout without eating a wakeup attack mid process. Me and many others just want Sky Crush armor fixed THATS ALL.
Well I read up to this post from @Bird Lao X and I was explaining why any case scenario outside of "fix skydrop" would be out of the question.