What's new

Question - Quan Chi Does Quan Chi really need a true armored wake up attack?

Does he need it?

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
THIS IS FOR SORCERER ONLY BTW.

I feel like Quan is a fair solid char and he might not need this buff but its just frustrating not being able to wake up and just keep eating pressure on KOs.

Edit: Most chars have reversal moves that combos, he doesn't have any of that, maybe I word it wrong? Maybe what he needs is a true reversal move even if it doesn't combo? Again will be punishable and a bar of meter, does it sound fair?

People do realize the scoop is only in Warlock, right?

I feel like people are seeing through the eyes of Summoner.

And yes, he does need an armor attack. There are things in this game...cancel pressure, Stunt Double pressure, string gaps...that can only be armored through.

He needs an armored move for that purpose.
I compared a character with a strong offense and a vortex with my cahracter with a strong offense and a vortex the main point was HE HAS A WAKEUP even though he has one of the best offenses in the game. And a wakeup beeing fixed is not a need or desire its a fix.

Explain to me other than the usual "he got an unblockable " bullshit why a character with Strong offense can have multiple armored wakeups and one even leading ot a full combo.

While the other who only has one thats is malfunction, should stay crippled in a rushdown 50/50 game eventhough the Wakeup has no other purpose than getting some space.

Last edited:
Interesting How nobody even mentions Sorcerer who's Spells are nowhere as strong has the Manbat. The Skydrop is pretty much useless. Why does it has armor when ur just wasting ur meter to be knocked down again wether by wahtever string with 2 hits, a jab as soon as ur droping from the sky into a full combo, a NJP in a full combo , a bunny hopper or an Uppercut.

I get it that a Character needs to have weaknesses BUT Skydrop is already hella punishable on block and can be seen miles away.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
I don't think summoner should have a good reversal tbh, but then again i haven't played the one varitation where quan casts the spells so eh

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I really hope you're not serious, i don't even know where to begin if you are
Oh I'm very cereal my friend.

In a game heavy dominated by rush down, safe 50/50, vortex big damage combos etc zoning/defensive chars need better defensive tools in order to deal with all the auto pilot scrubbyness lol.

Reactions: D4G

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
It's just my opinion and I'm well aware it's not popular (so please spare me the judgement) but, I think he most definitely does. As long as the wakeup he has is punishable when you block it, I don't see the problem. Quan was very overwhelming at first and I got rocked because of not knowing the mu but honestly, I feel like I can just pressure quan chi now without worrying about a thing. I could be wrong, I play takeda so maybe it's just the matchup but I don't feel he's top of the top anymore

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Yes. Everyone needs to take off their salt goggles and realize that the armor distribution in this game is a mess.

Look at Scorpion, his only armored standing attack is negative on hit.

WTF are you doing NRS?