What's new

cR Sonic Fox Wins MKX @ Defend The North 2015

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Man, it sure was great to read more about the lack of coverage for the tournament than the actual tournament. I said it before and I'll say it again: I heard absolutely nothing about MKX at DTN. I read more about Marvel 2 on social media. You guys know the drill by now; it's been years. If you are hosting a tournament, attach a flyer, post all the info in a nice organized fashion, tag me in the OP, and I'll promote it. If there's a big regional or Major going on, I'll make a viewers guide. Tim beat me to it last time for SCR, but I literally heard NOTHING about MKX at DTN and saw no threads for it on this site.

Thank you @RM Indecisive for doing this write up. It's much appreciated. I heard stream time was limited too, after the fact.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Man, it sure was great to read more about the lack of coverage for the tournament than the actual tournament. I said it before and I'll say it again: I heard absolutely nothing about MKX at DTN. I read more about Marvel 2 on social media. You guys know the drill by now; it's been years. If you are hosting a tournament, attach a flyer, post all the info in a nice organized fashion, tag me in the OP, and I'll promote it. If there's a big regional or Major going on, I'll make a viewers guide. Tim beat me to it last time for SCR, but I literally heard NOTHING about MKX at DTN and saw no threads for it on this site.

Thank you @RM Indecisive for doing this write up. It's much appreciated. I heard stream time was limited too, after the fact.
I knew about it mostly cause i saw it on other Social medias. And people i knew where going. Stream time was very limited and clunky. Really did not follow the schedule. I didn't watch any of pools really. Just Top 8. If people did hear about it they could of told people on TYM. I honestly just didn't care to mention. There was also one thread made about it during the fact. It got barely any views/responses. Again things happen. Pointing fingers and putting blame on Mods does nothing. Also no problem. Glad i could help. I know the Article is small but its better than nothing.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I knew about it mostly cause i saw it on other Social medias. And people i knew where going. Stream time was very limited and clunky. Really did not follow the schedule. I didn't watch any of pools really. Just Top 8. If people did hear about it they could of told people on TYM. I honestly just didn't care to mention. There was also one thread made about it during the fact. It got barely any views/responses. Again things happen. Pointing fingers and putting blame on Mods does nothing. Also no problem. Glad i could help. I know the Article is small but its better than nothing.
I think he's talking to the event organizers specifically here, and not the mods. The point being, if you have an event, post it on the the major fighting game forums and let people know about it.

I've been traveling a lot this fall and try to grab things when I can periodically, but it always helps if the people who expect players to show up to their event are willing to post about it and show that they care.

In either case though, there's a semi-solution to this that I'm connected with working on :)

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Thanks bro. Honestly, I prefer a small paragraph recap. The only things I care about are the results and the video archives. That's just me though. If you're into long write ups, go for it, because some people around here DO appreciate it.

I believe Fox when he said that raw stab was a read because I'm pretty sure he was doing crouching animation to make it look like he was gonna go for command grab and knew djt was gonna try to jump out or something but instead used stab which has a big hitbox.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I think he's talking to the event organizers specifically here, and not the mods. The point being, if you have an event, post it on the the major fighting game forums and let people know about it.

I've been traveling a lot this fall and try to grab things when I can periodically, but it always helps if the people who expect players to show up to their event are willing to post about it and show that they care.

In either case though, there's a semi-solution to this that I'm connected with working on :)
Not every TO is going to post on TYM. Or know about it. Its going to happen.

Thanks bro. Honestly, I prefer a small paragraph recap. The only things I care about are the results and the video archives. That's just me though. If you're into long write ups, go for it, because some people around here DO appreciate it.
They really don't :/

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If thy said it in this thread my bad.
It's not just this thread. It's period. We've stated before that we don't catch everything, and that you guys don't have to wait for us for news all the time. Send us a tip, make a thread and tag a mod to get it promoted.