What's new

cR Sonic Fox Wins MKX @ Defend The North 2015

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man i love Sppoky and thank him for giving MKX a lot of stream time

but when he was commentating he and the other guy put no hype into it
im pretty convinced the commentators didn't even say once thats its now Grand Finals!!!

The Tourney was hype other than that

Tim Static

Adminerator
Alright, gotta "Defend the Site" since some drama queens are upset.

Honestly not being a dick, but if the mods are going to close threads about MKX potentially being dead (and I don't fault them for it), then at least prove it's not by covering a big tournament with heavy hitters. I literally had no idea what happened at Defend the North until I asked about it in a status update.
Idk why this one was not covered. Most of the american ones usually are.
The lack of coverage on TYM or the lack of coverage on stream.

Idk which is worse.

Congrats to all who placed top 8, but especially to my good friend @STB Dragon I told you that you were going to make top 8 but you did even more than that. Next stop - NEC.
Had no idea this tournament even happened until I saw this article.

I really hope the interest in this game increases greatly when the Kombat Pack 2 releases. Otherwise, MKX is in big trouble. NRS needs to bring it. Well...not really. They already sold a ton of copies, so I assume they're not really THAT concerned.
I quoted your guy's posts since you guys brought it up here, so i'll give a blanket response.

Funny, I didn't know this tourney existed till the event had started. Who ran this tourney & why wasn't a thread posted here for it in the tourneys & events? Ask those people these quesitons. We don't post events here because we don't run events. The only thread I saw for this event was on Saturday for the stream being live, and didn't see the Pools thread, which was posted in the wrong section, until yesterday.

Yes, covering events for write ups has been a bit of an issue, but I can officially say we are looking for a couple people who can be dedicated to this to help us out, for US events & UK/Europe, especially with ESL starting again. We certainly aren't trying to ignore any events, but certain people who want to start drama on Twitter *COUGH @HoneyBee (who didn't bother replying to my posts on his wall post about this very issue, so I'll return the calling us out by calling you out) COUGH* need to understand the situation that way the proper blame can be put on the people who deserve it.

Also, here is the link to the North American Events & Tourneys section: http://testyourmight.com/forums/north-american-tournaments-events.13/

You can see that almost every single thread was posted by the Tournament Organizer. There was not such one made nor one brought to our attention. Thank you to @RM Indecisive for making this thread, and for making your results thread to continue to be your style.

From this post on, if you have an issue or reply to this, please send me a PM to discuss it. The event & especially it's players deserve the thread to discuss the event, not this. Thanks in advance.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Alright, gotta "Defend the Site" since some drama queens are upset.

I quoted your guy's posts since you guys brought it up here, so i'll give a blanket response.

Funny, I didn't know this tourney existed till the event had started. Who ran this tourney & why wasn't a thread posted here for it in the tourneys & events? Ask those people these quesitons. We don't post events here because we don't run events. The only thread I saw for this event was on Saturday for the stream being live, and didn't see the Pools thread, which was posted in the wrong section, until yesterday.

Yes, covering events for write ups has been a bit of an issue, but I can officially say we are looking for a couple people who can be dedicated to this to help us out, for US events & UK/Europe, especially with ESL starting again. We certainly aren't trying to ignore any events, but certain people who want to start drama on Twitter *COUGH @HoneyBee (who didn't bother replying to my posts on his wall post about this very issue, so I'll return the calling us out by calling you out) COUGH* need to understand the situation that way the proper blame can be put on the people who deserve it.

Also, here is the link to the North American Events & Tourneys section: http://testyourmight.com/forums/north-american-tournaments-events.13/

You can see that almost every single thread was posted by the Tournament Organizer. There was not such one made nor one brought to our attention. Thank you to @RM Indecisive for making this thread, and for making your results thread to continue to be your style.

From this post on, if you have an issue or reply to this, please send me a PM to discuss it. The event & especially it's players deserve the thread to discuss the event, not this. Thanks in advance.
In my mind the reason it was not made was cause most of the people who made them do have lives outside of TYM. And may of not been able to write something. It can happen. Nobody is perfect. Also anyone could of made the thread but people just instead kept asking why is there no thread. Its weird.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
So something that has always been on my mind. To the people who always ask who streamed XYZ. Or where is top 8. You can do a few things. Keep searching Youtube til its up. OR. Use this thing called google. Search defend the north FGC. Look at the schedule. See that spooky streamed top 8. Then you get a few options. Going to twitch and watching there. OR. Waiting for him to post it on youtube. Its very difficult to use google i know. But learning a new skill is fun.
the point of going to a MK site is a central place to find news and updates for things happening in the MK world.

If we have to use Google for this shit then what the fuck is the point of TYM in the first place? Don't tell me its mindless bickering and arguing about tier lists either.

If the leadership of this site don't want to cover tournaments or can't for some reason, then that is a huge problem for TYM.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Why doesn't Sonic Fox stop pussy footing around and just pick Erron from the get go? He always bodies people when he uses him.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
the point of going to a MK site is a central place to find news and updates for things happening in the MK world.

If we have to use Google for this shit then what the fuck is the point of TYM in the first place? Don't tell me its mindless bickering and arguing about tier lists either.

If the leadership of this site don't want to cover tournaments or can't for some reason, then that is a huge problem for TYM.
I really liked the article you wrote for the tournament.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!

I mean i had to use google to find the results, The Video's, Challonge, Etc. All used to write this article. TYM just makes things more convenient. Again the Leadership may have been busy. We all have lives we live. Even Pig Has taken breaks from things like Red Hot Sunday's Cause of personal stuff. I was just the only person willing to actually write an article instead of asking why isn't there an article.

chores

bad at things
Not really.
TYM is probably the best FGC site right now. Can you name a better one?

Don't say SRK lol
all FGC sites are at best a time machine to 2006ish forums. its hilarious. srk, tym, 8wr, dustloop, dreamcancel.. all of them.

for most other competitive games the main hub is a subreddit which is essentially the perfect format imo. but i love TYM, something about avatars and signatures reminds me of simpler times

EDIT:
but at least we arent the deathmatch shooter community. their site is literally a format that was introduced in 2002 http://esreality.com

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I really liked the article you wrote for the tournament.
There was nothing wrong with what he wrote. My point is that TYM (if they want to be taken seriously) should have plans to cover this instead of what Indecisive had to do.
I mean i had to use google to find the results, The Video's, Challonge, Etc. All used to write this article. TYM just makes things more convenient. Again the Leadership may have been busy. We all have lives we live. Even Pig Has taken breaks from things like Red Hot Sunday's Cause of personal stuff. I was just the only person willing to actually write an article instead of asking why isn't there an article.
Nice job with Google. We all know how to use it but we should also be able to depend on a competitive gaming site to provide coverage on events. No?
Talk about entitlement...
Talk about entitlement? Lol
Not really.
TYM is probably the best FGC site right now. Can you name a better one?

Don't say SRK lol
That's only my opinion so if you disagree that's fine. I'm talking about other games entirely. Doesn't have to be a fighter.

haketh

Noob

This is straight up the one tournament in recent memory they haven't covered because hey PR fo rthe tournament in general was lacking. All sites have a miss every now & then, it's no big deal. Also damn Tim & others have constantly said they need new people to help get coverage out & ready for the game but no one is stepping up. All the coverage you see on SRK for tournaments is because people in the community step up & send write ups & info to Iantothemax & others for stuff to go up. It's on both the people running the site & people who want coverage to work together.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
@AK L0rdoftheFLY nearly all tournaments have a results article posted mere seconds after grand finals have concluded. This is one article that took a little bit of time, what are you on about?

This is a free-membership site and the mods do this stuff for free, and you're telling them they aren't allowed to miss one results page?

Come on guys. Yes DTN deserves good coverage on the front page, but the mods apparantly just didn't know about or know much about this tournament. They aren't doing this on purpose and they just missed this one tournament and we're going to throw insults like ''lol which is worse? TYM or MKU''

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@AK L0rdoftheFLY nearly all tournaments have a results article posted mere seconds after grand finals have concluded. This is one article that took a little bit of time, what are you on about?

This is a free-membership site and the mods do this stuff for free, and you're telling them they aren't allowed to miss one results page?
i spoke my opinion and you questioned me so I answered. Then Indecisive went off about Google. What are you on about?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
This is straight up the one tournament in recent memory they haven't covered because hey PR fo rthe tournament in general was lacking. All sites have a miss every now & then, it's no big deal. Also damn Tim & others have constantly said they need new people to help get coverage out & ready for the game but no one is stepping up. All the coverage you see on SRK for tournaments is because people in the community step up & send write ups & info to Iantothemax & others for stuff to go up. It's on both the people running the site & people who want coverage to work together.
most logical thing anyone has said.

im pretty sure there is still no results page for the buffalo tournament