What's new

cR Sonic Fox Wins MKX @ Defend The North 2015

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
This Year Combatants traveled across the globe to fight against one another to be champion of The Mortal Kombat Tournament in New York City. We got to see fan favorites such as Sonic Fox, The Terry Brothers, Honeybee, Forever King and Reo attempt to claim victory. Meanwhile you had new comers such as Dragon and The Magician attempt to put their names on the board. The Magician with a resent top 8 trying to hold a position as top player. While Dragon is spreading his wings trying to go all around the globe to get experience. New York Players such as Coach Steve and the artist formerly known as CD Jr Attempted to defend their home against the invading forces.

Upsets:
Dragon was finally able to get top 8 for the first time. His traveling has paid off and given him a much needed W. Along with the Head of MIT in the Tanya Mirror

Honeybee > Dragon. After his painful defeat at summerjam Honeybee wanted revenge. After months in the lab honeybee found the answer. Backdash. Will Dragon Sub to Honeybee? Or will he find the solution to his bee problem.

BioHazard Top 8. After multiple Tournaments, Loses, experience, Hardships the ex Bane player finally makes a top 8. His first one as well. His F/T loyalty has finally paid off but will he be able to keep the streak.

REO Top 8. Defeat and Jason. Something people may think about for REO's current situation. Reo has a nice early start but that fuel seemed to disappear after CEO. Claiming Jason as his main Reo had to deal with the Low Tier Struggle. No more. "Counter Picking" His way across the board to get his wins. Is this the return of Yung Reo?

1. cR|SonicFox (Cassie Cage - Hollywood, Erron Black - Outlaw)
2. YOMI|DJT (Kotal Kahn - War God, Tremor - Crystalline)
3. cR|HoneyBee (D'Vorah - Swarm Queen)
4. YOMI|REO (Tremor - Aftershock, Predator - Hish-Qu-Ten, Kotal Kahn - War God)
5. cR|Biohazard (Ferra/Torr - Ruthless, Ferra/Thor - Lackey)
5. Dragon (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)
7. YOMI|BurgerKing (Quan Chi - Summoner)
7. YOMI|MIT (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)

I was not at this event. But i figured it needed some sort of love. And i was bored.

A lot of the matches are here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLiUf7WFmwd1cayECiCQRNg

Attachments

coolwhip

Noob
Honestly not being a dick, but if the mods are going to close threads about MKX potentially being dead (and I don't fault them for it), then at least prove it's not by covering a big tournament with heavy hitters. I literally had no idea what happened at Defend the North until I asked about it in a status update.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Honestly not being a dick, but if the mods are going to close threads about MKX potentially being dead (and I don't fault them for it), then at least prove it's not by covering a big tournament with heavy hitters. I literally had no idea what happened at Defend the North until I asked about it in a status update.
Idk why this one was not covered. Most of the american ones usually are.

finally.... I was wondering how top 8 went, who was in it, was it streamed... did anyone die.... did reo win with jason....

I checked the twitch archives and couldnt even find top 8

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I root for Dragon ... may have to find a new player to root for with my "go for the underdog" approach as the young bull isn't just opening doors right now, he's knocking down the whole damn house. Good stuff. Congrats to all.

Noob
When REO picked Predator against BIO's Ferra I felt so bad for him but was no need. Dude went hard in the pressure game! :p

Love it when Sonic always picks Erron as a last resort, its so hype.

@SonicFox5000 was that raw stab an input error on your end? It looked like you were going for the tackle. I swear if that was an input error, it was a god send because that sand trap would of whiffed since it looked like DJT pushed a button but got hit by the whiffed stab?

Edit:

If anyone is wondering what im talking about, it takes place on krossroad map in the corner lols

Last edited: