What's new

Breakthrough - Boneshaper Congrats to D.R. for Placing 5th in CEO 2015

You can't just throw out that he is now top 5 without full knowledge of at least the supposed top 10 character's MU's.

This something that a lot of TYM fails to understand, listing his tools is great and all, and he's obvious a good character now, but just throwing out an arbitrary number without consideration of all MU's is pointless.

But I suppose you're going to tell me that 1. MU's don't matter when deciding what order characters fall in to, or 2. That you've broken down every MU in the game and come to the conclusion that Shinnok now has at minimum the 5th biggest number of advantage MU's?

Just say the character is good now, stop bullshitting.
1) when i say he is top 5 is not because of his tools is because of how good this tools are against the cast

2) you are right before making a list of who is top 5 in this game we need to take into consideration the matchups for every character in this game. however i am not making a list here all that i am saying is that he is top 5 without making a list which mean that i am only expressing my opinion on how good i think the character is now. i am not talking about facts here. i maybe wrong about him been top 5 but i maybe right too.

3) i am not a fool who will come here and tell you that matchups don't matter to tell who is top in a fighting game because i know tools on paper sometimes sound better than they really are and some characters may be able to neutralize this tools as well.

4) yea this is a new game and it is hard to tell who the top 10 are at this point in the game. but if i have learn something in my last 8plus years of playing every mk game that has come out at a high level and been one of the best in everysingle one of them is to recognize when a character is really strong.

5) i have no personal feelings involved in a character been top 5 or not so my judgment is not compromise like the judgment of some shinnok players who wanted their character to be buff to be good and now that he was buffed and is been considered a candidate for top 5 they don't want to hear it.

D. R.

Noob
Alright, the "elaborate" response. Thanks again to everyone for the props throughout the weekend in any way, shape or form. The irony with me placing so high is that I didn't even plan to attend CEO til the Wednesday right before. Long story short, some exams and HW got rearranged and/or finished early clearing my weekend, so I late registered Friday and the rest is history. I don't really know what else to say on the matter so I guess if anyone has questions or whatever go for it. lol

Drecker

GET CITY.
@D. R. - Why no Imposter whatsoever? The Bone Shaper play was incredible and I'm not knocking in any way whatsoever, just wondering.

D. R.

Noob
@D. R. - Why no Imposter whatsoever? The Bone Shaper play was incredible and I'm not knocking in any way whatsoever, just wondering.
I don't have time to commit to that variation the way I want to unfortunately. Lots of character knowledge and combo optimization to learn in Imposter to play it properly imo. I only initially picked up Shinnok because everyone said he sucked, he's Brotherhood like Noob and Bone Shaper was the variation I picked up first because it looked cool.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Alright, the "elaborate" response. Thanks again to everyone for the props throughout the weekend in any way, shape or form. The irony with me placing so high is that I didn't even plan to attend CEO til the Wednesday right before. Long story short, some exams and HW got rearranged and/or finished early clearing my weekend, so I late registered Friday and the rest is history. I don't really know what else to say on the matter so I guess if anyone has questions or whatever go for it. lol
That NJP after 1123 in the corner, why do you do it? Does it reverse wake up inputs?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yes. Also, if done right, NjK can cause the opponent to stagger backwards into Shinnok for some mind fuckery. lol
Awesome I'm going to tinker with it in the lab today. I imagine it would be a good setup to throw them back in the corner if you get the stagger right?

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Yes. Also, if done right, NjK can cause the opponent to stagger backwards into Shinnok for some mind fuckery. lol
... A guaranteed grab setup perhaps? Geez, this character just keeps coming out with more and more tech.

Sadly, Necromancer seems to be kinda left in the dust because of Bone Shaper and Impostor's clear superiority. I may also switch to Bone Shaper, but I do want to go over his issues in another topic probably later today.

D. R.

Noob
D.R. have you retired Kotal?
Nah, he's just been moved to secondary status. Him losing my sun ray corner tech really pissed me off. lol I have no favorite character in this game really so I play whoever peaks my attention and Shinnok is it at the moment. I play too many characters imo. If there is a Kombat Pack 2 and Noob gets released, he will be my official main and everyone will be retired.