What's new

Community Vote: 3/5 Matches or Current Ruling?

MKX Tournament Layout to be 3/5 entire tournament?

• Yes, make tournament matches 3/5

• No, keep the current layout (2/3 pools, 3/5 finals)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'll admit there are people that are ridiculous with button checks. All you need to do at the start of the button check is walk back and hold crouch, then test 1, 2, 3, 4, block, flip stance, and throw, which should take about 10 seconds or less. Then walk towards the nearest intractable and use it. Button check over. Maybe test an EX move, since you start the match with a bar of meter.

Maybe we can put a time limit on all button checks in tournament, 20 seconds maximum

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'll admit there are people that are ridiculous with button checks. All you need to do at the start of the button check is walk back and hold crouch, then test 1, 2, 3, 4, block, flip stance, and throw, which should take about 10 seconds or less. Then walk towards the nearest intractable and use it. Button check over. Maybe test an EX move, since you start the match with a bar of meter.

Maybe we can put a time limit on all button checks in tournament, 20 seconds maximum
Honestly if your buttons work when you put them in at the character select screen, you should be good.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
3/5, reason being, it doesn't take that long to actually play a first to 3, the issue seems to be actually getting the 2 players to sit down in the first place.

So if time constraints are really the issue, perhaps be a bit stricter on no shows or late arrivals I guess?

Oh yeah, combo checks are probably adding a lot of time as well lol

Last edited:

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
3/5 all the way, like we did at the Test Your Pride tournament in Rome; it doesn't take too much time and makes the tournament more worthy for everyone, since there will be less randomed out victories.

It will be better even for the players who are not the favorites but still decided to spend their money and join the event: they will have a better experience and enjoy a proper match instead of getting destroyed in 1 minute.....3/5 would make everything a lot better

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
3/5, reason being, it doesn't take that long to actually play a first to 3, the issue seems to be actually getting the 2 players to sit down in the first place.

So if time constraints are really the issue, perhaps be a bit stricter on no shows or late arrivals I guess?

Oh yeah, combo checks are probably adding a lot of time as well lol
Being strict on no shows is the only way we can beat Sonicfox, since he mops up every fighting game at the tournament he attends simultaneously.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
3/5.

game is fast paced, full of unreactable things, you can win 2/3 by litterally going HAM on ppl who are uncomfortable with the MU, there's no real time for the opponent to adapt that fast.

also i'd like to see 60 seconds rounds, so we can add the time out threat.

Goat-City

Banned
If defense doesn't get buffed and block breakers don't become 1 bar then make it 3/5 for sure. I think it would be a good idea to wait for a couple more patches before it's decided to be changed.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'd love for this to happen, even if just for after pools at the start/for the show entirely later on.

I'd really be thrilled if in one of these patches they adjust the time so a round is actually worth 60-90 seconds. I feel like it could really promote change in peoples' playstyles if they knew running out the clock and laming shit out was an option instead of the inevitable HAVE to go on the offensive dance. If they could change things like dashes and mobility as they did in MK9, i dont see why this would be a bad thing when, as King put, timeouts and Brady-esque clock manipulation are nonexistant as of now.

Change the format, shrink the timer, buy more eggplant.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
3/5 for sure. For the reasons everyone already listed.

And not to go all "but moooooom, brother got to do this or that", but usf4 and mvc3 are both 3/5, and those are MUCH more methodical, calculated games in which a timeout is not only possible, but happens often.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Anyone would obviously want ft3 but yeah, we have to take time and the TOs' sanity into consideration. Thing is, in pools a lot of people go down 0-2 anyway and killers don't meet that often, so top 16 or 32 is when we should start doing ft3 to give the good players a fair shake.

To the FGC's credit. The Street Fighter players have the options of setting their buttons at the character select screen and still end up doing it live. At the same time they just check their buttons and maybe a special move, they don't do warm up combos on each other.

The same can be said for the Soul Calibur community.

Limit the button checks to roughly 20 seconds and things should be fine.

haketh

Noob
If 3/5 happens I never EVER wanna see any inkling from anybody about so & so got lucky, literally the only good thing about 3/5 is not having to hear dumb dumbs go on & on about how a 2/3 doesn't mattet