What's new

Community Vote: 3/5 Matches or Current Ruling?

MKX Tournament Layout to be 3/5 entire tournament?

• Yes, make tournament matches 3/5

• No, keep the current layout (2/3 pools, 3/5 finals)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'm sure you all want 3/5 but I would like to have a nice poll to back me up while I propose such a thing to other TOs.

Things to note before immediately saying Yes to 3/5:
-PS4s are still expensive, sometimes we can only have 8 console for 4 pools. 3/5 does indeed take time and if we do not have enough systems, pools can be delayed with zero comfort room.

-Room for delays/power outages. Issues can happen at any tournament, whether it be power outage, lack of staff support, etc.

Ultimately, I know that the community would like 3/5 but an official counting would be nice.

@Vandy
@BigE

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Also I don't understand the time constraint issues. I would say on average about 7/10 rounds in MKX end with still 70 seconds or more left on the clock, it's rare to see a round go under 70 seconds and super rare to see a round go under 60 seconds and extremely rare to see a round go under 50 seconds. Majority of matches in MKX are really fast and there are alot of 3-0's that happen, I don't understand why time would be an issue at all for changing tournaments to 3/5 instead of 2/3

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Also I don't understand the time constraint issues. I would say on average about 7/10 rounds in MKX end with still 70 seconds or more left on the clock, it's rare to see a round go under 70 seconds and super rare to see a round go under 60 seconds and extremely rare to see a round go under 50 seconds. Majority of matches in MKX are really fast and there are alot of 3-0's that happen, I don't understand why time would be an issue at all for changing tournaments to 3/5 instead of 2/3
I calculate time to the absolute max of what it could be.

90 seconds x 3 = max time a match can be. that times 5 matches + time to allocate for button check, signing up.

haketh

Noob
1000% 3/5 please

This game is way too fast-paced and rushdown oriented and 50/50 heavy to be 2/3! I swear anyone can beat anyone in this game 2/3
It's not, the offense in this game is not comparable to a ton of anime games, smash & others that run 2/3 just fine. You get bopped in 2/3 you got bopped oh well.

2/3 pools are fine & 3/5 Finals/Top 8

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I calculate time to the absolute max of what it could be.

90 seconds x 3 = max time a match can be. that times 5 matches + time to allocate for button check, signing up.
But a time out has never happened in tournament before. Literally not a single time. There has probably been 5 or less times in MKX tournament history when a match even got down to 20 seconds.

So by you by taking 90 second matches into account, you are taking something into account that has never happened and probably never will happen.

If you guys are scared of the possibility of 90 second matches (which is so unlikely it's damn near impossible) then I say we just make the clock 60 seconds for tournament matches. There probably still will never be timeouts lol

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Double health bar time.

Edit* For what it is. MKX is on crack. Literally corner to corner in seconds. You can literally perform 60 instant air Lao face kicks. One for every second on the clock...(ok).maybe every two. Like this is madness. With the tech thats out and MKX's near DBZ level dmg output..(looking at you vortex)...it's ludicrous. P.S.

Last edited:

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
If you guys are scared of possibility of 90 second matches (which is so unlikely it's damn near impossible) then I say we just make the clock 60 seconds for tournament matches. There probably still will never be timeouts lol
I'm generally in favor of 2/3 with 3/5 out of pools, but that would be a really nice setup.

Osirun

www.powerupfighters.org
The players at my monthly, myself included, would like to see the entire community shift to a 3/5 standard from start to finish. Pools, finals, you name it. The only reason we currently do not implement this is because we want to align ourselves with how the community at large is playing the game so we remain competitively viable. 3/5 would be a great way to help players enjoy a more fast paced, rushdown oriented, 50/50 style of fighting game.

3/5 is the way to go!

Error404

Noob
I mean , if everybody checked their buttons at character select LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO , instead of wasting time ,doing combos and showing off ,that's already enough time for an entire match.

Apologia X

Trump 2020
I really don't see a need to go 3/5 for tournaments given the consistent results we see at every major. The statement that anyone can beat anyone is highly exaggerated. Maybe 3/5 for top 16 and on but no more.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I really don't see a need to go 3/5 for tournaments given the consistent results we see at every major. The statement that anyone can beat anyone is highly exaggerated. Maybe 3/5 for top 16 and on but no more.
Consistent results in or majors with 2/3s in pools, every time?
Character and variation experimentation needs to be rewarded in a game like this. 3/5, seriously.

Apologia X

Trump 2020
Consistent results in or majors with 2/3s in pools, every time?
Character and variation experimentation needs to be rewarded in a game like this. 3/5, seriously.
Yeah. It's usually 3 to 5 yomi players, SonicFox, and throw in a Jupiter, Foxy, or Honeybee. These are all well established players, not just at this game, but in previous NRS games as well. What player has ever made a top 8 at a major that people were really surprised at?

Last edited:

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Yeah. It's usually 3 to 5 yomi players, SonicFox, and throw in a Jupiter, Foxy, or Honeybee. These are all well established players, not just at this game,but in previous NRS games as well.What player has ever made a top 8 at a major that people were really surprised at?
Even if they are consistent, which they seem to be sometimes, we still want to make sure they're really earning it with every single match they play.