What's new

Community Vote: 3/5 Matches or Current Ruling?

MKX Tournament Layout to be 3/5 entire tournament?

• Yes, make tournament matches 3/5

• No, keep the current layout (2/3 pools, 3/5 finals)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
If 3/5 happens I never EVER wanna see any inkling from anybody about so & so got lucky, literally the only good thing about 3/5 is not having to hear dumb dumbs go on & on about how a 2/3 doesn't mattet
I don't understand why you would be so against 3/5.

The only reason I can think of a player would want 2/3 instead of 3/5 is because they want a better chance at gimmicking out their opponents.

3/5 not only gives the better player a better chance of winning, but also gives everyone more matches to play which creates a better experience. That's what we go to tournaments for, to play video games. So the more you get to play the better.

haketh

Noob
I don't understand why you would be so against 3/5.

The only reason I can think of a player would want 2/3 instead of 3/5 is because they want a better chance at gimmicking out their opponents.

3/5 not only gives the better player a better chance of winning, but also gives everyone more matches to play which creates a better experience. That's what we go to tournaments for, to play video games. So the more you get to play the better.
I haven't seen a single good reason that isn't this bullshit "Game is to random & anyone can beat anyone" bull which is blantantly untrue with how the tournament scene has been. You want more matches play some casuals, 3/5 is nice I'm not gonna lie but I don't see the reason to do it except to soften some egos taht feel like they lsot to people who they think they're better than. The game is fine at 2/3 & 3/5 isn't gonna do enough to change anything that's just my pov.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I haven't seen a single good reason that isn't this bullshit "Game is to random & anyone can beat anyone" bull which is blantantly untrue with how the tournament scene has been. You want more matches play some casuals, 3/5 is nice I'm not gonna lie but I don't see the reason to do it except to soften some egos taht feel like they lsot to people who they think they're better than. The game is fine at 2/3 & 3/5 isn't gonna do enough to change anything that's just my pov.
Reversal flawlesses/near flawlesses (where p1 wins a flawless round then p2 wins the next round flawless) is not uncommon in this game at all. That says a lot imo

haketh

Noob
Reversal flawlesses/near flawlesses (where p1 wins a flawless round then p2 wins the next round flawless) is not uncommon in this game at all. That says a lot imo
I really don't see what's wrong with that at all or how that's a reason to move to 3/5. I mean hell I can't count the number of times I've seen something like an Eddie reversal perfect someone because he got started and pushed someone to the corner in GG.

i wonder can NRS do do something with the timer from their end like make actual 90 seconds?
I don't think I've ever seen a FG dev go back on how they want time to flow

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
It's not even about egos or proving a point all the time, it's about money too. You have to remember that people train alot to do the best they possibly can in tournament then pay alot of money to fly to a tournament, get a hotel for the weekend, register venue fee ect. You can easily spend $500 in one weekend at a major.

Plus with the $10000 pot bonuses, all this money you are spending to participate/travel and all this money there is on the line it would be awesome if there was the least amount of "getting randomed out" possible.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I really don't see what's wrong with that at all or how that's a reason to move to 3/5. I mean hell I can't count the number of times I've seen something like an Eddie reversal perfect someone because he got started and pushed someone to the corner in GG.
I don't know exactly how the new GG play. But maybe GG is scene as more mechanically balanced game? I know Xrd is really offense based. Probably more than previous versions. But it still could favor offense (pressure, mixups, and such) less than defense? I mean if you burst in that game you still can play Xrd and are not gimped (no stamina and loss of 2 bars.)

I don't think I've ever seen a FG dev go back on how they want time to flow
Again I think that's a special case on MKx. You know if any modern fighter has had a timer equal to or more than MKx? I don't see why they wouldn't change it if a majority of competitors want it. It can at least be done in tourney and if NRS changed the timer (at least in online matches) through an update it must be an easy change to make and to revert.