What's new

Character Smoke seen in Kotal Kahn 'Sun God' variation, is it him?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Maybe since his human body is gone, he comes back as the smoke monster thing, and has a more demonic appearance.
Cause it looks like he has purple skin.

Marvelnerd

Cyber Smoke #1
Either, since Sindel killed him, he's now more of a smoke apparition (Think how he looked in Armageddon) or, because his body was useless, they made him into the greatest cyborg that lived.

SZSR

Noob
lol, I should have tagged. I just went through the sub-forum and listed out all the posters I saw real quick. You know I <3 me the third letter in SZSR!
I didn't make any threads or post a lot in the Smoke forums so I got you, it's all b'seder

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Smoke would be awesome as a returning character.

It'd be nice to see what the team could do to him in the next gen.

Never was really a smoke fan, but I would entertain the idea.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
The only way I could see this as smoke not being a playable character is if they gave him the Cyber Reptile treatment. I seriously doubt they would bring back a fan favorite character to only be used as a training dummy or single player eye candy.

I don't know why some people keep doubting its smoke it clearly is him unless they are using a random grey ninja with smoke coming out of his body.
Doubt is only natural given the tiny pics and lack of conclusive evidence.

The smoke in the animation could easily be from the attack. Especially given the fact that FIRE comes out of the ninja's head when he hits the ground. I'd personally be more inclined to believe that the ninja was in fact Smoke if he wasn't being attacked with fire.

The ninja is MORE LIKELY just Sub-Zero.

The straps on his forearm and hands are EXACTLY the same. That is clear. His shinpads and the rest of his clothing seem to be the same style as well and his vest looks blue to me.

Also, Sub-Zero's skin color is grey in this game which people seem to be ignoring.

So, unless Smoke is a pallet swap of Sub in this game, with the same exact costume design, and he was used in Kotal Kahn's variation select animation over a character who is actually known to be in the game... that is more likely just Sub-Zero. It certainly looks like Sub to me.

I want to believe, but I simply can't jump to conclusions as easy as some seem to be able to.