What's new

Character Smoke seen in Kotal Kahn 'Sun God' variation, is it him?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
As much as I thought this was just wishful thinking before, didn't boon or someone say the Character select screen reveals a lot of secrets? Putting a unrevealed character in a move animation would be a pretty neat way to tease something. I think the biggest thing making me still doubt it is that it does look like his mk9 model, which seems unlikely since everyone else gets a new update.
Looks different but still like a ninja.

Like Subzero and Scorpion here, and all the ninjas in MK9.

You shouldn't expect a noticeable change at a glance.

Well, Smoke's corpse is mostly intact after Super Sindel kills him so they could make a Cyborg-Smoke out of his dead body.
Exactly what I expect to happen, though this human looking version of him in the variation animations kind of makes me have second thoughts about that.

I just want an MK game with the cyber-Lin Kuei battling all the non-cyber ninjas.

Scorpion vs Cyrax
Ermac vs Sektor
Sub-Zero vs Cyber Sub-Zero
Reptile vs Cyber Smoke

Last edited:

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Being this game takes place after mk9 and up to 25 yrs after isn't it possible that if this is Smoke its someone else who decided to use the name but its not in fact the smoke from Mk9? Kinda like how sub's brother came in in MK2 that it wasn't the original sub (hes noob) but someone who just carried on the name for revenge etc..
I hope that made sense.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Being this game takes place after mk9 and up to 25 yrs after isn't it possible that if this is Smoke its someone else who decided to use the name but its not in fact the smoke from Mk9? Kinda like how sub's brother came in in MK2 that it wasn't the original sub (hes noob) but someone who just carried on the name for revenge etc..
I hope that made sense.
You're right.

I doubt the Sub-Zeros are the only generational clan in the Lin Kuei.

PuLs4r

Noob
4:12 mark when they highlight kotal Kahn sun god class that is clearly a male with a scarf and ninja pants on plus smoke coming out of him when kotal slams him to the ground.
go to 5:25 just after dvorah fatality there is a ninja mask on the skull to the far left death of the ninjas????

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
seems Smoke, but could be just an animated model for that Kotal Kahn style presentation. just like mk characters in MK9 pit stage in the background : they are there but are not part of the game (exception with Kenshi, who ended as dlc)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I think this actually might be legit lol.

If it weren't for Boon saying there was hints in the select screen I would never have believed it.

It's just Sub-Zero. Just look at the armored plates on his biceps.

As far as the smoke, Kotal's variation is called Sun God so most likely he's burning.

Before fire there's SMOKE or...