What's new

Character Smoke seen in Kotal Kahn 'Sun God' variation, is it him?

I made a video of the segment CDjr is talking about. It looks like complete shit because I had to zoom in so much, but I tried putting a few corrections on the clip to make it look better. Hard to polish a turd though, so here's a slow-mo look at this.

trufenix

bye felicia
... Did I miss something? Because what I saw at 11:10 was that none of those variations showed an opponent.
Well, I think Karried's point is that the victim in Ferra/Torr's bubbles looks kind of like Cassie. Which I guess leads to everybody is beating up a playable character in their bubbles. Which leads to Kotal beating up Smoke. So I found footage of Cassie in bubbles right next to Ferra/Torr's bubbles to prove the people in bubbles are nobody.

i dont know. I think its one of those default characters, like the ones you saw in challenge tower in MK9. Some of them were grey.

Well, I think Karried's point is that the victim in Ferra/Torr's bubbles looks kind of like Cassie. Which I guess leads to everybody is beating up a playable character in their bubbles. Which leads to Kotal beating up Smoke. So I found footage of Cassie in bubbles right next to Ferra/Torr's bubbles to prove the people in bubbles are nobody.
I still don't know what you're talking about.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Pretty sure that's Sub-zero and the "smoke" effect is to illustrate the cold, like dry ice or something.

Or it could be Smoke. IDK. I just kind of really doubt it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It looks like Frost. You can see her on the Ferra/Torr side when he selects Ruthless variation when the variation select first pops up. Unless they are two different characters idk -_-?

4:12 mark when they highlight kotal Kahn sun god class that is clearly a male with a scarf and ninja pants on plus smoke coming out of him when kotal slams him to the ground.
hmm yes that Looks like smoke.

even though:

1. might be a placeholder
2. Looks very mk-9 ish and not new
3. i dont see why they would bring smoke back. hes not that relevant Story-wise. even characters with more importance wont make the cut.

i would be pleasantly surprised though, i mained smoke in mk 9

Hate to say it, but if you watch closely in the same video, when you see Ferra/Torr's "viscous" style selected, you see them holding a basic grey model. I think the "smoke" is just dust effect for the throw, and they use a blank grey model in place of any character when required for the demonstration bubbles. I do hope I'm wrong though.

Edit- nvm. Loaded a better quality vid. not sure if it's smoke, but it does seem to be a real character model, not just a blank.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Smoke is good...

Smoke is resets...

Smoke is life... *lights black n mild*

on some real shit i want cyber smoke.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He definitely has some kind of grey hair, steam, or smoke coming off of his head when Kotal first lays his hands on him.

The smoke effect is not coming from the attack, confirmed:

(These Kotal GIFs have really been coming in handy...)

There is a trail of smoke coming off of "smoke" that follows him through the air as he's swung from one side to the other, and a big puff of it as he hits the ground.

Can't think of anyone else who it could be, and there is no reason for a place holder to emit smoke.

Last edited:

Mike L

Noob
so in MKX smoke n` cyrax will annoying us with their resets again?? i don`t wanna bringin back this shit again...

He definitely has some kind of grey hair, steam, or smoke coming off of his head when Kotal first lays his hands on him.

The smoke effect is not coming from the attack, confirmed:

(These Kotal GIFs have really been coming in handy...)

There is a trail of smoke coming off of "smoke" that follows him through the air as he's swung from one side to the other, and a big puff of it as he hits the ground.

Can't think of anyone else who it could be, and there is no reason for a place holder to emit smoke.
As much as I thought this was just wishful thinking before, didn't boon or someone say the Character select screen reveals a lot of secrets? Putting a unrevealed character in a move animation would be a pretty neat way to tease something. I think the biggest thing making me still doubt it is that it does look like his mk9 model, which seems unlikely since everyone else gets a new update.