What's new

Can...Will MKXL & Injustice 2 Co-Exist?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i count 12 who liked that post, even if All of TYM dropped MKXL for IGAU2 that would be a small fraction of the game owners who still on occasion play it. damn chill out, what im saying is, the majority of Xbox and PS users don't even play fighting games, it is controlled by FP Shooters and RPG's. Call Of Duty, and Battle Field, Borderlands, TitanFall. and so on. they play MK casually. and thats what i was getting at, just for XB1 minus lets say 10k at the most TYM users quit MKXL for good and play IGAU2 so stack that against 40Million MKXL purchases and you get a very small number who quit. just remember what i stated does not subtract the uisers who play both, just the ones who quit MKXL all together and throw it away for IGAU2

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
i count 12 who liked that post, even if All of TYM dropped MKXL for IGAU2 that would be a small fraction of the game owners who still on occasion play it. damn chill out, what im saying is, the majority of Xbox and PS users don't even play fighting games, it is controlled by FP Shooters and RPG's. Call Of Duty, and Battle Field, Borderlands, TitanFall. and so on. they play MK casually. and thats what i was getting at, just for XB1 minus lets say 10k at the most TYM users quit MKXL for good and play IGAU2 so stack that against 40Million MKXL purchases and you get a very small number who quit. just remember what i stated does not subtract the uisers who play both, just the ones who quit MKXL all together and throw it away for IGAU2

haketh

Noob
A community is not what lets a game die because the community is not throwing thousands of dollars at pot bonuses. The community is not running ESL. The community doesn't decide what games take main stage at majors.
Uh the community showing up & regging has a lot to do with a lot of that

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Hard to say, but historically no. However if content continues to roll out for MKXL then it may be enough to break the trend and allow for both to coexist. This would be my ideal scenario because then we might have more of an NRS presence at tournaments if they had more than one title to compete in sorta like how Smash players show up in droves to tournaments because they have a lot of titles to compete in.

trufenix

bye felicia
"the return of footsies, you'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE" was every post made in 2014.
Remember how fraudulent players like Sonic and Honeybee and Forever King were going to get exposed? This is going to be a tremendous year.

As an aside, I do hope Michaelangelo gets over his MK bias and comes along for the ride.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Just waiting on that ban the testers thread now, lol.

But for real Tom Brady is all ways a fun shit show to watch when a new NRS game comes out. Yes, MKX will probably die as soon as Injustice comes out. When the WB money goes to support Injustice pot bonuses the players will follow and MKX will be a side tourney for a while.

The last 8 months before the release of a new NRS game people go mad feral around here and everyone will be wanting a clean start after the dick measuring contest is over.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I feel the majority of players that say stuff like "MKX is in a bad place right now" or that the game is poorly designed have actually never striven to overcome the challenges this game presents. MKX is a game of knowledge as much as it is a game of fundamentals, and even though there are some cases where you're stuck in a position where you have to eat a 50/50 or something else there's usually a reason you got yourself into that position in the first place. The top tier in this game have nothing on the top tier in the previous 2 NRS titles, and even still the top 5 or so actually have counters from within the top 5 and elsewhere in the mid tier. If we focussed more on solving problems than crying about them, I think more of us could remember why we loved the game in the first place (which, fyi, has likely only gotten more balanced with time if we're being completely honest).

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
NRS don't keep games alive long enough for macthup to still be learned. This game have countless of variations that still may have hidden potential but lets kill that and move in it seems.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I feel the majority of players that say stuff like "MKX is in a bad place right now" or that the game is poorly designed have actually never striven to overcome the challenges this game presents. MKX is a game of knowledge as much as it is a game of fundamentals, and even though there are some cases where you're stuck in a position where you have to eat a 50/50 or something else there's usually a reason you got yourself into that position in the first place.
Couldn't have been said better. While the set play is very strong in this game, I'd argue it makes the neutral even more important cause the reward you, or your opponent, can get is huge.

Obviously there has been some ridiculous stuff found during MKX's lifespan but right now, bar the hard-to-blocks that every other character has, there isn't really anything that justifies all this MKX shit posting.

Tweedy

Noob
It just comes down to how many people stick to the game, how many people prefer the game and/or are just die hard MK guys. You gotta factor in how good the online has been recently, how much money has been put into this game, how many people have entered the FGC or just this community through this game, with it being a giant next gen title during the early stages of these consoles. The practice mode being absolutely amazing will also help.

I'd give it a year to a year and a half after Injustice 2 comes out, if Injustice 2 is good. If Injustice 2 is trash, then who knows. What people have to understand is that if the next game is good, that is the game that will be played. We're not the Smash community. MK9 wasn't this god tier game for a decade that got followed up by a game that wasn't as good. MKX will die eventually, if Injustice 2 is not a joke. It has nothing to do with it being NRS, or anything like that. The great Capcom games died as well. SFIV = most popular fighting game ever. SFV comes out, where is it on the EVO line up? That's how it goes. Paulo's gotta make that money.

There is actually no debate here. Factually, this community has dropped games over and over for the newer one. Nothing to even discuss.
Actually, if you want to look at facts, MK9 had an EVO after Injustice came out, Injustice did not after MKX came out.

Not the largest difference ever, but we're talking about games surviving after the next iteration releases. With that being said MK9-Injustice and MKX-Injustice 2 aren't exactly next iterations, like SFV is for SFIV. Some people don't like DC, some people love MK. That gives games in this kind of sub-genre of NRS games, more of a shot at surviving for a bit than ones that just have direct sequels. MK9 already did this for a little bit.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
In a competitive way, no, Injustice 2 will kill MKX.
However, I'm sure that people still play MK9, Injustice 1 and MKX will share the same fate.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
It would seem foolish not to support both.

MKX appeals to MK fans, and to people who like that kind of limited gameplay. Injustice appeals to DC fans, and people who like being able to have a chance to control spacing, zone decently, play footsies, mind-games etc). Point is...they are two very different games, and supporting both makes sense financially, and is good for the FGC.

MKX was just announced at EVO (I believe, didn't read the story), so it shouldn't be dead yet, IGAU 2 would overshadow it a bit, but it shouldn''t mean it's demise.

Maybe if MKX is dying....it's because the game just isn't that good. Not from a qualiy standpoint....NRS have made a a quality product, and brought their design to life with class. It's just that the design....variations and constant mashing and mixups...is not that great. IMO. I can't imagine a game like that, being so limited in it's type of gameplay, to thrive for too long..., but then, who knows.
I see that shade you threw in there :p. Anyway how do you know injustice 2 will play anything like the first game? You really have no idea that the game will be about spacing, footsies and zoning, it could turn out worse then mkx with safe launching 50/50 for everyone and safe armor just to be fair of course :p

Also I don't think both games will co exist at the same time just because nrs will throw money at injustice 2.

JDM

Noob
People wanna bring up history without actually looking at the history.

MK9->Injustice. MK9 was a bad game, I love it but LBSH: wonky hit/hurtboxes, p1 advantage, negative edge, anemic training mode, stilted animation, bad netcode, etc. When the new game came along it rectified nearly all the problems of MK9 so the community felt comfortable moving on.

Injustice->MKX. Injustice was riddled with problems: unblockable interactibles, bad walk speed, ridiculous ambigious crossups, shoddy anti-airs, etc. Unlike MK9->Injustice where MK9 was still getting buzz and entrants, Injustice was already declining way before MKX came out. The game felt sluggish and going from MKX->Injustice just emphasizes the problems Injustice has.

MKX->Next game. The only thing that would kill MKX to me is a return to a better neutral/footsie game and safe 50/50's being truly de-emphasized.
good post. But also the constant offense and run button really fucked MKX for me. Boring repetitive setplay game. Injustice 2 will likely not be as offense based and therefore be a fresh alternative to MKX.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
ESL will determine this. If the money supports both, so will the community. If tournaments support both, so will the community. If MKX is just a side show in the tournament scene it will die, unfortunately.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
God I hope so. Support for both games to make it balanced and fair should be their #1 priority.

A lesson they need to learn from all the mistakes and problems they've had from previous titles.

Man I truly hope so.