What's new

Can...Will MKXL & Injustice 2 Co-Exist?

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Really comes down to people trying to make it out to offline events. And if the players actually take both games seriously after.

With the rumors going around about injustice 2, If it truly going to come out. Do you think MKX and inj2 can co-exist? NRS community seems to always drop the older game. It would be sweet to see both as main games in tournaments
I really, really hope Mortal Kombat X content doesn't die off. KP3 (even if it's 2 characters and a patch) needs to happen!

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
I doubt that NRS is going to allocate resources to support two separate games. On top of that, a Dev splitting its focus, especially on a fighting game, is a bad move.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If the important community members support both games then sure. I don't see lesser known or unknown guys keeping MKx up. I really don't think enough people truly like it enough to stay competitive in it. That's if injustice doesn't fuck up.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Blaming NRS for a game dying because people dont wanna play it is funny. Its the game they gave us, play or dont. MKx is already in trouble with 300 at evo down from 1192, that is not NRS fault, they have done a great job with bonuses and promoting tournys and the whole ESL thing. Lots of players just dont like the game. Injustice 2 will be the new flavor and MKx will totally fall off, then after the first broken DLC comes out for I2 people will remember how "amazimg" mkx was. Same things will just keep happening. Just enjoy the ride peeps, if the game is fun to you, play, who cares what others think or say. MK 4 life!!!

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
I don't get the hype for injustice, I know who batman and flash are and that's about it. With all this hype though, maybe NRS will have a kp3 of all the characters people have been asking for: noob, rain etc.

haketh

Noob
Marvel is still going strong, no extra pot bonuses from Capcom yes but the community is still keeping it going. If the love is their from the community the game can live.

This point will already have been made, but there's just no competition in terms of the licenses - MK vs DC - commercially, DC will always out-strip MK. I think the two can co-exist as they both have fan bases but, if NR are ever forced to make a choice (and especially if they're still a WB developer), "there can be only one!", as already said.

I'm not a competitive player but I have been with the MK franchise since YearDot and, at my age, am looking to drop it for Injustice. MK's vile-olence is just pathetic now. It's the franchise's strongest tradition but.. "2016.."

Scheuerbuerste

"You will die, sister!"
I guess why not. It could work, it's also up to the community to keep MKX up. I love MK, but like Injustice too, play the game and it will live.
If you really like a game, just play and enjoy it.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
As someone who's already dropped MKX (3 months ago really), I can proudly declare that when Injustice 2 comes out, MKX will be nothing but a bitter memory in the back of my mind. I find the games playstyle utterly abhorent and the balancing (or lack of it) deplorable.

So no, I neither want nor believe MKX and I2 can coexist. Tourney scene goes where the money is, casuals have moved on, and the die-hard fans won't be large enough in number to keep it alive. I personally don't know why some of you want this game to live so much. A year after I2?! 4 months tops.

I hope mk x stays alive. I never plan to play at the top level but I enjoy watching the top players duke it out. From the majors to ESL I always look forward to watching it. It might have some unhonest qualities, but it's still fun to watch. But NRS/WB want money, players want money, and that's where they will go. Even if there are a lack of 10k pot bonuses, mk x COULD still stay alive, but at that point it would strictly be up to the players wanting to play just for the hell of it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think it really depends on what ESL dose.

If ESL continues the MKx League, then MK will live. We all assume a I2 league will be coming, if they switch to injustice and stop MKx then that is the exact moment that MK died.

On the other hand, if they run MKx and I2 both together, then MK will live. At the moment, even with the low EVO turn out ESL MK was getting nearly 1K entrance EVERY WEEK. That is pretty huge.

MK still has a following and what the entire NRS scene needs, is a long term event that can build a competitive player base. The longer ESL runs the competition and its rewards attract players to play and practice and the more players see that there is a long term competitive scene the more players will join us. No one in the other fighter scenes are interested in joining the NRS scene for a game that can barly last a year, all that effort and time lost. They would prefer to play a game like me SFV that will last for a long long time.

NRS have an opportunity with ESL to really turn their games into long term competitive titles... but they need support MK with patches, maybe even kombat packs and they need to partner with ESL to insure the league continues.