What's new

Can...Will MKXL & Injustice 2 Co-Exist?

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
If you like playing the game, and have a scene who want to play the game alongside Injustice 2 then of course! We're only helping to kill the game by sitting here and saying "of course it's going to die!". I'll be doing my best to maintain both games at our locals, regardless of how good or bad Injustice 2 is.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
There is actually no debate here. Factually, this community has dropped games over and over for the newer one. Nothing to even discuss.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I really enjoy MKXL and I had fun with injustice (as much fan as a guy maining Joker could have lolz). I would love to see both these games being played together for a long long time..

Its just that track records/statistics have shown that whenever a new NRS comes out...plus combined with the fact that some people already seem to be "bored" with MKX in its current start...as much as i want them to co exist..idk how thats going to pan out..

Somea2V

Thread Referee
You know, I detest MKX at this point (and this community to an extent) but they can coexist. I forget who posted it first, but it's a community that let's a game die. If you want MKX to be supported past I2's release, then support it. It isn't rocket science.

People wanna bring up history without actually looking at the history.

MK9->Injustice. MK9 was a bad game, I love it but LBSH: wonky hit/hurtboxes, p1 advantage, negative edge, anemic training mode, stilted animation, bad netcode, etc. When the new game came along it rectified nearly all the problems of MK9 so the community felt comfortable moving on.

Injustice->MKX. Injustice was riddled with problems: unblockable interactibles, bad walk speed, ridiculous ambigious crossups, shoddy anti-airs, etc. Unlike MK9->Injustice where MK9 was still getting buzz and entrants, Injustice was already declining way before MKX came out. The game felt sluggish and going from MKX->Injustice just emphasizes the problems Injustice has.

MKX->Next game. The only thing that would kill MKX to me is a return to a better neutral/footsie game and safe 50/50's being truly de-emphasized.
MK9 definitely suffered a steep lost of interest when Injustice came out, but not to the same degree that Injustice did when MKX was released. MK9 managed to linger on a bit with a couple of hype top 8s scattered throughout the 2013-2014 evo season. Injustice on the other hand died the instant MKX came out. I think that difference is important to note.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
MKX does not deserve to live, honestly. That game is not in a good place right now, and it will remain that way with Injustice on the horizon. I feel like KP3 is just very wishful thinking from people afraid to let MKX go.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
People wanna bring up history without actually looking at the history.

MK9->Injustice. MK9 was a bad game, I love it but LBSH: wonky hit/hurtboxes, p1 advantage, negative edge, anemic training mode, stilted animation, bad netcode, etc. When the new game came along it rectified nearly all the problems of MK9 so the community felt comfortable moving on.

Injustice->MKX. Injustice was riddled with problems: unblockable interactibles, bad walk speed, ridiculous ambigious crossups, shoddy anti-airs, etc. Unlike MK9->Injustice where MK9 was still getting buzz and entrants, Injustice was already declining way before MKX came out. The game felt sluggish and going from MKX->Injustice just emphasizes the problems Injustice has.

MKX->Next game. The only thing that would kill MKX to me is a return to a better neutral/footsie game and safe 50/50's being truly de-emphasized.
Pretty much.

portent

Noob
This community argues over everything. I think the one thing this community agrees on, however, is that whenever a new NRS games comes out, the old one can go up in flames and not a single person would piss on it to put it out.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
They will briefly co-exist. You really think WB wants you to keep playing an old game over buying a new one?

As long as WB controls NRS's path, we will never get that perfect game. WB has NRS forced onto a schedule that doesnt allow the proper time to develop, test and maintain a game. This is why we get major imbalances and buggy games. If we see a KP3, expect it to be nothing more than squeezing the last few drops from the turnip.

$50 says IGAU2 comes out with characters that seem unfinished. If they could just get 1 extra year in between their game releases it would do wonders as long as they didn't try to force more fucking content then they can handle. But hey man, fuck it...because profits.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Nope

people are gonna get tired of the rushdown 50/50-fest of mkx and injustice 2 will be the exciting, new, and fresh game with all the hype surrounding it. MKX will face the same fate as its predecessors.

I don't get why people keep asking this, it seems like the people who go to tournaments want to play both.

The people keep asking this are the ones that say it's going to die never even go to support MKX in the first place...

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
With the rumors going around about injustice 2, If it truly going to come out. Do you think MKX and inj2 can co-exist? NRS community seems to always drop the older game. It would be sweet to see both as main games in tournaments
Short answer.
No
Well if we're going by history... then no.

But I don't think it's just a matter of the NRS community necessarily... NRS themselves need to show support for the game well after the release of Injustice 2 rather than completely abandon it. (Willing to fix any newly discovered bugs/glitches, pot bonuses, etc.)
Well, it's also up to us (TYM) to keep things alive by news, etc. Us letting games die is something we should have our hands slapped for. After all, we're NRS dedicated.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
No. ESL likely coming to Injustice 2 pretty much puts the nail in the coffin - unless there's a simultaneous season for MKX which I don't see happening. MKX also probably won't be at Evo next year.

History will repeat itself. Though it's not like it's just NRS games. SF4 was still doing well before SFV came out but died instantly. It is what it is.

A community is not what lets a game die because the community is not throwing thousands of dollars at pot bonuses. The community is not running ESL. The community doesn't decide what games take main stage at majors.