What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Batman is not afraid of Bane up close. If I were Batman, I'd probably be zoning a little and then rushing down.

Getting in on Batman is like finishing the first mile of a marathon and realizing you have 25 to go.
Yeah but its still only the mile.
And when you knock him down, its not like he will find it easy to keep running.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
There were 4 of us in the room. He had a streak of 10.
Meaning everyone lost twice in total, and I ballsed up a combo at the end otherwise I woulda caught the win.

Also mustard bodied out plenty of Batmans with pre-patch Bane when he took 5th in the Euro tourney. These are non-scrubby batmans and, as I said, pre-patch Bane. Obviously the results aren't consistant, and I can't imagine buffs making a MU worse for us.
Yea, but how did he have to work?

jfunkey

Noob
I would change Lex to a 6-4 or something worse, i've been playing a good lex player on PSN and he destroys my shit everytime i face him, don't know how much we could do against it.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Lex Luthor is a hard matchup for Bane. 6-4 at best imo. his trait stops Bane from doing anything, and his orb/mines nullifies any venom armour you have.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Lex Luthor is a hard matchup for Bane. 6-4 at best imo. his trait stops Bane from doing anything, and his orb/mines nullifies any venom armour you have.
Agree. Unless your character can deal with his trait, it's extremely one-sided. And me going to level 3 to deal with his trait isn't something I want to do.

flet

Noob
Guys what we can do aginst Gl's machine gun... ist safe, chip and i cant armor it, dunno what to do

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Why do you guys think Bane wins the Grundy MU?
I play Grundy and from my experience this is one of the few good MU he has.
Everything Bane does gets beat by WCC, and Grundy damage is generally superior (except if Bane uses LVL3 venom maybe).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why do you guys think Bane wins the Grundy MU?
I play Grundy and from my experience this is one of the few good MU he has.
Everything Bane does gets beat by WCC, and Grundy damage is generally superior (except if Bane uses LVL3 venom maybe).
WCC loses to b.1 -> anything.
If we go level 3 venom, you have no wake-up options on top of all that juicy damage.
etc etc, I could go on but I feel like they can describe it better. They might not be on until later, but check back again when we have a chance to respond properly.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've already said why I think the Grundy MU is not hard for Bane.

As far as the Batman discussion, I feel it's much closer to 7-3 than 6-4 in his favor. It's obviously not a good MU for Bane. You have to outplay him all the way. Just on his speed & ridonckulous J2 alone he has significant advantage.

Asodimazze

WCC loses to b.1 -> anything.
If we go level 3 venom, you have no wake-up options on top of all that juicy damage.
etc etc, I could go on but I feel like they can describe it better. They might not be on until later, but check back again when we have a chance to respond properly.

If you use B112 WCC at the start of WC animation you can hit Grundy out of the cancel, but if Grundy doesn't cancel it you will probably get throw, only the second hit of B112 is throw immune.
Why should Level 3 Venom negate all my wake up options?

I've already said why I think the Grundy MU is not hard for Bane.

As far as the Batman discussion, I feel it's much closer to 7-3 than 6-4 in his favor. It's obviously not a good MU for Bane. You have to outplay him all the way. Just on his speed & ridonckulous J2 alone he has significant advantage.

Where? I can't find anything the thread is too long and the first post is not updated

RYX

BIG PUSHER
If you use B112 WCC at the start of WC animation you can hit Grundy out of the cancel, but if Grundy doesn't cancel it you will probably get throw, only the second hit of B112 is throw immune.
Why should Level 3 Venom negate all my wake up options?

Where? I can't find anything the thread is too long and the first post is not updated
B.1 double punch bro

Venom 3 disables armor outright

Asodimazze

B.1 double punch bro

Venom 3 disables armor outright

I'm trying it now, B1 double punch is throw immune only on a few frames of the double punch animation.
Sometimes Grundy grabs bane, sometimes not.
Sometime Grundy can cancel WC and get a full punish, sometimes the armor vanishes and Grundy gets hit. It's pretty random.

Venom 3 disables armor, but cleaver and MB cleaver are fully invincible on wake up so that doesn't really matter

LEGI0N47

I'm trying it now, B1 double punch is throw immune only on a few frames of the double punch animation.
Sometime Grundy can cancel WC and get a full punish, sometimes the armor vanishes and Grundy gets hit. It's pretty random.

Venom 3 disables armor, but cleaver and MB cleaver are fully invincible on wake up so that doesn't really matter
Basically I don't go toe to toe with Grundy much. Bane's dash's are awesome. Most Grundy's I see will try to WC or do a string into trait often. I will admit WC cancel can be tough but if they aren't hip to it the match is that much easier. So it's a matter of nailing the spacing off blocking the string so he misses trait against your back dash, or back dash the WC at the right time and go into full combo. I've also had success off a well timed nuetral jd3 against WC, creates a cross up behind him. If they try to low poke it will usually be low poke into trait or string to trait, don't try to trade blows. Same thing on his wake ups, basically bait those in the same mannor, you will lose many stuff attempts unless you're on lvl 3 or get the timing just right on what you said. If he's trying to swamp hands a lot all you need is lvl 1 venom to beat it or a simple jump or well timed dash. It's about spacing him to beat his armor and Bane has great range on many of his attacks. If I lose to Grundy it's because I messed up or they are flat out better.

Its not random. Your timing is off. A slightly delayed b1 into double punch stuffs all of Grundy's wake ups. Worst case you trade armor vs WC and Bane recovers faster.

How do you deal witb Batgirl's cartwheel move into low/overhead mixup ? I didn't buy her so I can't test. Do you have to just guess right and try to punish? Is it combo punishable for us? I think I poked her with a D1 after I blocked it all.

LEGI0N47

How do you deal witb Batgirl's cartwheel move into low/overhead mixup ? I didn't buy her so I can't test. Do you have to just guess right and try to punish? Is it combo punishable for us? I think I poked her with a D1 after I blocked it all.
It's quite safe for her if they use the right one. The Low version is +18, the high is +12 on block. Regular that has the overhead is -41 on block. This is according to the menu in game which is always spot on. I think the regular cartwheel may be off. I've only faced 1 that was actually good & it sucked without the cartwheel. It was hard to tell which one was coming as it's the final hit that is the guess.

Hullo. Been reading the thread and I feel that maybe we should be a bit more optimistic?
Personally,

Bane > Catwoman, Batgirl, Aquaman, Lex Luthor, Joker, Green Arrow, Lobo, Grundy
Bane is okay vs Supes, Green Lantern
Bane < Batman and Black Adam :(

Not sure about the rest...

But some matchups might swing because of the stage... especially atlantis and batcave, to name a few.

I'd try to respond to the disagreements when I can... sometimes the explanations might take very long so give me a while, especially so when people seem unconvinced about bane...

IMO he is REALLY hard to play well. Gotta be really tight. Know the set-plays clearly. But late game I think he's gonna be a monster.

Hiryu02

Noob

You can duck the high, though personally I've had some success with trying to backdash the mixup after the actual cartwheel.

haketh

Noob
Stroke is a 6-4 MU his favor at least, you're insane if you think otherwise. He outfootsies us, outzones us, and he has reversals that can deal with our oki pretty well.

I was a little surprised at Grundy being a 6-4 MU our favor but playing it out more Bane's options kind of beat Grundy's.