What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Stroke is a 6-4 MU his favor at least, you're insane if you think otherwise.
Maybe just hyped up on venom. Hows his wake-up? Against Bane, that's going to basically decide how you win or lose.
Crappy backdash and horrible wake-up options? Incapable of keeping us out? None of his moves outreach d.1 for the speed it has up close?

Doesn't sound 6-4 to me now that we cover half the stage in 2 dashes and his low guns can't stop us anymore.

jfunkey

Noob
Sword flip destroys anything you try to do to him besides block, same with the sword spin. You have to respect DS's wakeup

haketh

Noob
Bane is going to maul the fuck out of bad Deathstrokes now free, but against anyone who shows patience with guns and can react to Bane's approach the matchup is still tough. Footsies wise you gotta contend with F+3, 3, B+1, 132, and D+2. Sword Spin and Sword Flip are both good wakeup options that can deal with Bane's oki if you read the situation correct.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sword flip destroys anything you try to do to him besides block, same with the sword spin. You have to respect DS's wakeup
Not really, I can sit and his face and block. Whats he going to do? Backdash 2 feet while I f.2d him for doing so because we can still reach him?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane is going to maul the fuck out of bad Deathstrokes now free, but against anyone who shows patience with guns and can react to Bane's approach the matchup is still tough. Footsies wise you gotta contend with F+3, 3, B+1, 132, and D+2. Sword Spin and Sword Flip are both good wakeup options that can deal with Bane's oki if you read the situation correct.
Footsies wise you guys have to contend with d.1 which goes farther than a good amount of those, f.2d which goes further than all of those, b.1 which by itself is some +12 on block and good advantage on hit, b.23 which covers as much distance as superman's f.23, d.3 which has deceptive range, command grab, double punch...

And as I said above, we can block and just sit in your face, our b.1 to my knowledge will hit your backdash because of how small of one you have.

haketh

Noob
You're not taking into account startup, startup on all of those is pretty slow compared to the stuff Stroke has by a couple frames. Especially at the range Stroke would want to stand around.

I think Bane vs DS is 5-5. Bane has an answer to everything. And there is NO WAY bane loses to him in the ground. NO WAY.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You're not taking into account startup, startup on all of those is pretty slow compared to the stuff Stroke has by a couple frames. Especially at the range Stroke would want to stand around.
Directly in your face we have armored specials and a 10 frame normal grab, 11 frame low which is +17 on hit, and the like. I'm assuming you don't want to be directly in front of us meaning on one knockdown you'd have to make some distance. How? All of those tools may be slow but the range lets us hit your backdash with all of them and go into our traps. Its not so much about where you want to be, its more about if you can get there.

haketh

Noob
Stroke can force you into that range pretty easily with carefully timed guns, 3, and F+3. Bane has to put himself at more risk to get reward than Stroke has to.

F+3, 3, B+1, 132, and D+2???

Bane just has to go in and do an armoured double punch or charge and there. DS cant press ANY buttons. he has to jump back for his life... or shoot at point blank

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Stroke can force you into that range pretty easily with carefully timed guns, 3, and F+3. Bane has to put himself at more risk to get reward than Stroke has to.
Carefully times guns on wake-up? 3 and f.3 get meaty beaten out or venomed through.
You are assuming the best for your character, you need to also take into account you need to wake-up eventually. If you can't even get off your back without getting hit by something or baited (since we just have to block and chase) then your footsies don't matter since you'll never get to use them.

You on ps3? I'd love to get some matches in

haketh

Noob
If Stroke is jumping back he's using J. 3 which is extremely good, and yeah armored normals are strong but they can be baited and punished. Eh the more I talk about it the more i think it's 5-5.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Hullo. Been reading the thread and I feel that maybe we should be a bit more optimistic?
Personally,

Bane > Catwoman, Batgirl, Aquaman, Lex Luthor, Joker, Green Arrow, Lobo, Grundy
Bane is okay vs Supes, Green Lantern
Bane < Batman and Black Adam :(

Not sure about the rest...

But some matchups might swing because of the stage... especially atlantis and batcave, to name a few.

I'd try to respond to the disagreements when I can... sometimes the explanations might take very long so give me a while, especially so when people seem unconvinced about bane...

IMO he is REALLY hard to play well. Gotta be really tight. Know the set-plays clearly. But late game I think he's gonna be a monster.
I'll give you that's he's hard to play & you must put in work every match with him.

But IMO you're way off on some of the MU's. LOL at him beating Batgirl and ok vs. supes & GL. You also forgot the likes of KF, NW, Sinestro, etc. Lets put it this way, he prob has more MU's at a disadvantage than advantage.

BTW I don't need convincing that he can acomplish big things.... It's just our effort vs. thier effort as well as risk reward to do so that seperates these MU's a lot.

Glad you're supporting the venom.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If Stroke is jumping back he's using J. 3 which is extremely good, and yeah armored normals are strong but they can be baited and punished. Eh the more I talk about it the more i think it's 5-5.
j.3 would lose out to us doing f.2d, the air range on it is monsterous. But I will credit his j.3 is gdlk.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'll give you that's he's hard to play & you must put in work every match with him.

But IMO you're way off on some of the MU's. LOL at him beating Batgirl and ok vs. supes & GL. You also forgot the likes of KF, NW, Sinestro, etc. Lets put it this way, he prob has more MU's at a disadvantage than advantage.

BTW I don't need convincing that he can acomplish big things.... It's just our effort vs. thier effort as well as risk reward to do so that seperates these MU's a lot.

Glad you're supporting the venom.
He is ok vs supes though. Ass wake-up and no backdash, he is in the same boat as deathstroke without the 2 hits to stop us from eating everything. Only difference is he has f.23 and more damage while Deathstroke has the better jump-in and those damn double hit guns.

I just tested DS vs bane. After command throw d1 beats sword flip wakeup. After double punch dash B2 beats sword flip wakeup. Only sword spin beats him clean but that can be armoured punched or grabbed in between the hits quite easily. Not to mention both D1 and B2 can be OSed into armour, and both catch backdash

Thanks Legion47. yeah you're right i might be wrong. I left out the others because I have no idea at all yet.

GL was BAD before the dash buff. now the dash makes minigun way more manageable. GL is ass to bane's wakeup game. Like REALLY ass.

I think bat girl is bad because most of her movelist seems premised on her anti zoning which doesnt... work on bane... whos interest is to get in. A lot of her wakes can be stuffed with venom wakeup control.... and her mid - range tools are mostly one hit with the smokebomb thing really punishable on block. when bane has venom she kinda has to run for her life, life catwoman....

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just tested DS vs bane. After command throw d1 beats sword flip wakeup. After double punch dash B2 beats sword flip wakeup. Only sword spin beats him clean but that can be armoured punched or grabbed in between the hits quite easily. Not to mention both D1 and B2 can be OSed into armour, and both catch backdash

Thanks Legion47. yeah you're right i might be wrong. I left out the others because I have no idea at all yet.
^ this guy. Just got here and already throwing out juicy info. :cool:

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Stroke is a 6-4 MU his favor at least, you're insane if you think otherwise. He outfootsies us, outzones us, and he has reversals that can deal with our oki pretty well.

I was a little surprised at Grundy being a 6-4 MU our favor but playing it out more Bane's options kind of beat Grundy's.
Block dash your way in and what can DS do? He does not out footsie us, D1 is better than anything he has. He will do what exactly up close ? This is a MU in Bane's favor now due to Bane getting buffs on his dash and DS getting hit very hard w/nerfs

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Block dash your way in and what can DS do? He does not out footsie us, D1 is better than anything he has. He will do what exactly up close ? This is a MU in Bane's favor now due to Bane getting buffs on his dash and DS getting hit very hard w/nerfs
Bane can't do much about smart keep-away. Jump back 3 can make trying to lock him down very frustrating and depending on the range he can eat the armor on Venom and still sword flip before you recover for the vortex(which imo Deathstroke's is one of the best after using it)

3 has more range than d.1 by the way. It's also +4 on block and he has a much better 50/50 to check you with. It's 5-5 IMO.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
3 has more range than d.1 by the way. It's also +4 on block and he has a much better 50/50 to check you with. It's 5-5 IMO.
Whats its start-up? Also whats its use in Oki? These are meaty d.1s, and the reset kinda foils the idea.
Also have you tried the d.1 b.23 frame trap yet? My god it makes me want to do d.1 b.23 b.23 allllll day long.