What's new

Match-up Discussion Bane Matchup Discussion

RYX

BIG PUSHER
What do you guys make of the Ares match up? Faced a pretty good one today for the first time and it was...well grueling. Had a hard time moving in on him because I never seemed to block the right way to stop his trait and never had the right venom to stop his godsmack move when he used it. It is fair to say he was much better than me but still I can see it being a bit challenging. What do you guys think.
Even or winning. InFlames is my bitch. Like, whipped and gagged kind of bitch.

You can make your way in vs his zoning, just stick to level one venom in case he teleports, DP counter inevitable throw attempt/d.1~d.4(DP beats him before you get hit). When he's knocked down he's fucked, cornered? Lol bye. By staying on level one you make reversal attempts off teleports pretty much impossible and if he tries to do it out of the corner, you can either NJD3 and full combo punish or Venom MB Body Press right off the bat and throw him back in.

Malec

Noob
before i search all 27 pages, is here anything about grundy? i have no fucking clue what to do against him

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Current opinions

Good MUs
Catwoman 6-4
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 6-4
Green Arrow 6-4
Joker 6-4
Lex Luthor 6-4
Lobo 6-4
Solomon Grundy 6-4

Bad MUs
Batman 3-7(possible 4-6)
Black Adam 3-7
Green Lantern 4-6
Killer Frost 4-6 (3-7?)
Nightwing 3-7
Shazam 4-6
Sinestro 4-6
Superman 3-7
Wonder Woman 4-6

Even MUs
Aquaman
Ares
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl
Raven

So..
8 winning MUs
9 losing
7 even

Thoughts?

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
I think Bane/Bane is 10-0 Bane. Simply because whichever Bane hit's the first Super YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, he instantly wins regardless of remaining health.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think Bane/Bane is 10-0 Bane. Simply because whichever Bane hit's the first Super YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, he instantly wins regardless of remaining health.
I think Super needs buffs. Off-topic though lol

Fixed hitbox, anti-airs, 1 frame, unblockable. And more damage.

That battle cry will be feared...

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
before i search all 27 pages, is here anything about grundy? i have no fucking clue what to do against him
IMO Grundy Isn't too bad. In my experience they like to wake up with walking corpse or cleaver. He has more armor than Bane so don't try to stuff him unless you have lvl 3 venom or he's not waking up. The better Grundy players i've faced will try to poke or simple string into trait. So don't go toe to toe with him unless you know you've got it. WC is easy to backdash because Bane actually has a pretty good one, so bait it, back dash, full combo. At range they will try to do the swamp hands move. It's not too bad to react to and venom charges go right through it and catch him. Bane crushes jumpers unless you're too slow with the AA grab or uppercut. So if they jump a lot do not fear, just watch the wake up. If you notice them tech rolling a lot dash in and combo or cmd grab. If he's mid screenish and triys to yolo super you pump lvl 3 venom and any special (except AA grab gets no armor) or F2, F2D will break his super armor and knock him out of it. My tactic is to F2D~Super, sooooo much salt when you break thier super armor & do your own. That all I can think of right now. A bit disorganized but that's how I see it. Not a bad MU at all, just have to play footsie and punish, we're faster than Grundy.

Current opinions

Good MUs
Catwoman 6-4
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 6-4
Green Arrow 6-4
Joker 6-4
Lex Luthor 6-4
Lobo 6-4
Solomon Grundy 6-4

Bad MUs
Batman 3-7(possible 4-6)
Black Adam 3-7
Green Lantern 4-6
Killer Frost 4-6 (3-7?)
Nightwing 3-7
Shazam 4-6
Sinestro 4-6
Superman 3-7
Wonder Woman 4-6

Even MUs
Aquaman
Ares
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl
Raven

So..
8 winning MUs
9 losing
7 even

Thoughts?
I think we are favored against Raven. She has no wake up options and can't really zone us that well. Shazam even maybe? I don't think he is favored, but I haven't played too many.

LEGI0N47

So I'm just curious. Am I playing really bad Nightwings? Because everyone that I see goes straight to staff and I just pwn them with Venom and crush whatever meager wakeup they try with staff. Ground sparks are also easy to avoid in that stance. I know the tools he has against us, especially in Escrima, and can see him as a real MoFo with someone who knows the MU and agree with what you guys are saying. I'm just wondering in you're experience with him how to take it against someone who knows what they're doing.

So I'm just curious. Am I playing really bad Nightwings? Because everyone that I see goes straight to staff and I just pwn them with Venom and crush whatever meager wakeup they try with staff. Ground sparks are also easy to avoid in that stance. I know the tools he has against us, especially in Escrima, and can see him as a real MoFo with someone who knows the MU and agree with what you guys are saying. I'm just wondering you're experience with him how to take it against someone who knows what they're doing.
You can't stuff staff spin which is also safe on block. His staff also has stupid range. He can zone with the ground spark. Honestly, the good ones are probably going to switch in and out of staff/escrima as needed. Even people who are good with Nightwing don't know what to do against Bane much of the time.

Chongo is a good example. Clearly skilled with NW, but he was completely unfamiliar with the Bane matchup.

LEGI0N47

You can't stuff staff spin which is also safe on block. His staff also has stupid range. He can zone with the ground spark. Honestly, the good ones are probably going to switch in and out of staff/escrima as needed. Even people who are good with Nightwing don't know what to do against Bane much of the time.

Chongo is a good example. Clearly skilled with NW, but he was completely unfamiliar with the Bane matchup.
I'm familiar with staff spin being unbeatable against Banes venom but no one has used it on me but a couple times. He's so slow in staff that if he whiffs it's, boom get Venomed with cmd grab, charge; and then has to guess on that hard knockdown. I agree with you on the good ones. Verdict is I face bad ones.

LEGI0N47

Real talk Chongo is a bitch

Fuck Nightwing, it feels worse than Superman by far.
Wat! I'm getting robbed then. For me it's like Aqua, Bats, BA, DS, sprinkle Batgirls & Flash with a smattering of GA 95% of the time. There's some MU's i've played prob twice tops and a few others no more than 5-10ish.

I'm familiar with staff spin being unbeatable against Banes venom but no one has used it on me but a couple times. He's so slow in staff that if he whiffs it's, boom get Venomed with cmd grab, charge; and then has to guess on that hard knockdown. I agree with you on the good ones. Verdict is I face bad ones.
A good way to tell if they are good or bad is if they rush you down in venom cooldown. If they try to zone you or sit back in staff while you chill and wait on Venom, they are retarded.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Wat! I'm getting robbed then. For me it's like Aqua, Bats, BA, DS, sprinkle Batgirls & Flash with a smattering of GA 95% of the time. There's some MU's i've played prob twice tops and a few others no more than 5-10ish.
I feel Aqua is even to be honest. I have little trouble in it as of late.

LEGI0N47

I feel Aqua is even to be honest. I have little trouble in it as of late.
I've said it before but my thing with that MU is I seldom run into a "proper Aquaman." Most just try to zone or use his spork of doom up close. But I ran into a decent one tonight and he was around my level and it was pretty even tbh.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Current opinions

Good MUs
Ares 7-3 (Aug Tech + Lack of wake-up)
Batgirl 6-4 (she isn't going to be doing much walking after we cripple her. Not much on wake-up barring the batwheel which loses to meaty armor. No real range advantage.)
Catwoman 6-4
Deathstroke 6-4 (He can't stay away now + Lack of wake-up + low damage combos)
Doomsday 6-4
Green Arrow 6-4
Joker 6-4
Lobo 6-4
Raven 6-4 (Not much for zoning aside from trying to read our dashes with soul crushes, no wake-up)
Shazam 6-4 (Aug Tech)
Solomon Grundy 7-3

Bad MUs
Batman 4-6
Black Adam 3-7
Green Lantern 4-6
Killer Frost 4-6
Lex Luthor 4-6 (His mines basically say balls to our armor, and corp charge at 6 frames makes it hard to keep in. He can keep us out better than most, but when he gets knocked down he isn't going to get up very easily)
Nightwing 3-7
Sinestro 4-6
Superman 4-6/5-5
Wonder Woman 4-6

Even MUs
Aquaman
Cyborg
Flash (j.2 beats most of our armor anything because of the multi-hit, fast dependable safe strings, but unusable trait against us)
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl

So..
11 winning MUs
9 losing
5 even

Thoughts?
That's my opinion on the matter.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
Current opinions

Good MUs
Catwoman 6-4
Doomsday 6-4
Flash 6-4
Green Arrow 6-4
Joker 6-4
Lex Luthor 6-4
Lobo 6-4
Solomon Grundy 6-4

Bad MUs
Batman 3-7(possible 4-6)
Black Adam 3-7
Green Lantern 4-6
Killer Frost 4-6 (3-7?)
Nightwing 3-7
Shazam 4-6
Sinestro 4-6
Superman 3-7
Wonder Woman 4-6

Even MUs
Aquaman
Ares
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Harley Quinn
Hawkgirl
Raven

So..
8 winning MUs
9 losing
7 even

Thoughts?

My thoughts:
Shazam 5-5
Superman 4-6, maybe even 4.5-5.5
Wonder Woman 6-5

Haven't found a good Raven, my feel it's 6-4 but not tested

For the rest, I agree

Reactions: RYX

Dayvo

My english it's not good
do you guys actually play good players of those characters?
That's the reason I fear your Adam XD

Anyway, the matchups are based in players with similar skill. I suck, period, I'm not a really good player, so if I fight against a Top tournament player, I will lost, even if I'm BA/Sups/Batman and he is Bane/Lobo/Anything

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I think Batman and NW are the only 7-3 matchups we have. The rest is either 6-4 or 4-6 or even. I don't think we have any 7-3 matchups in our favor

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think Batman and NW are the only 7-3 matchups we have. The rest is either 6-4 or 4-6 or even. I don't think we have any 7-3 matchups in our favor
Aside from me questioning how people possibly play on these 360 controllers, I don't feel like bats is a 7-3. BlAdam maybe, but not bats imo