What's new

Are interactables too good?

Are Interactables currently a little too powerful?

• Yes

Votes: 131 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 22.5%

• Total voters

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Lower the damage interactables do by half except for a few things Ice pipe in the asylum stages, the cryo container in stryker's island (gadget characters)

What really bothers me are the OTG properties in just about every damn interactable that is starting to turn me off. Something needs to be done to that before things get out of hand.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
What do you mean? Bait low gun, jump, bait him into doing air gun, dash in mixup. Your arguement is terrible

You have just about as much a chance of him not chipping you out/hitting you once, as you do escaping something like a rooftop bot.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
You have just about as much a chance of him not chipping you out/hitting you once, as you do escaping something like a rooftop bot.
I think a better analogy would be, "You have 5% life left, Black Adam just activated his trait, and his feet are itching."

JaredL

You're insane. You can make a READ and get in. How can you escape a TRACKING UNBLOCKABLE OBJECT to damage you.

Hit them while they do it.
Be at the end of the screen.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
It can get a little OP when you have characters who give an extra free 30% damage from a knockdown.

The cars especially are fucking crazy shit.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Hit them while they do it.
Be at the end of the screen.
Hit them while you're at full screen or beside them, even though their hitbox moves backwards when they shoot the robot at you? Your arguements are really bad. you literally said it was almost impossible to make a read to beat deathstroke with catwoman at full screen, then say the same thing to me.

JaredL

Hit them while you're at full screen or beside them, even though their hitbox moves backwards when they shoot the robot at you? Your arguements are really bad. you literally said it was almost impossible to make a read to beat deathstroke with catwoman at full screen, then say the same thing to me.

Its equally hard not to get hit, especially if he meterburns it.

And you can make a read. Oh? A robot just floated behind them. Better get read to knock them out of it/dash back.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Its equally hard not to get hit, especially if he meterburns it.

And you can make a read. Oh? A robot just floated behind them. Better get read to knock them out of it/dash back.
Yes you can backdash, but the timing is dumb. I guess I better "level up" and learn to backdash at the right frame so I don't lose to items.

Justice

Noob
Losing because the stage heavily favors your opponent is BULLSHIT. That means whoever wins the 50/50 stage select already will have a huge advantage. But that's a little besides the point, just a little though.
No it's not. Every interactible is avoidable (some a LOT more easily than others) but I've watched so many streams where people see their opponents go for the interactible, panic and back dash or jump or whatever right into it. Many of the interactibles that people have a problem with can be avoided by dodging forward which also sets up major punishment options. Also too, remember that interactibles have a huge start up so knocking your opponent out of the activation is a viable strategy as well. It is also why the game has the ability for both players to select a stage. You maay not get the stage you want, but you also just might.

Having said all that, I do think they are more important than they need to be. Right from day 1 I said they did too much damage. I lost count of how many matches I won that I shouldn't have siply because I started spamming interactibles. I do not believe that was the intent when creating this portion of the game. I do understan the fear of the developers that if they lower the damage, people just won't bother with them (as a lot of players do now anyway) but I think they should be more strategic in nature and less like a free super.

What I would like to see is the properties stay the same but have the damage cut in half. Or an idea I just came up with while writing this is to have the damage on repeating interactibles (like the fly bots on that one Metropolis stage) cut in half but single-use interactibles only cut by 1/4. Also, extend this to the character type too. For example, the dumpster in the Gotham Ground stage is destroyed by Bane but slid across (and is reuseable) by Catwoman. So have the damage cut to 75% for Bane (since it's a one use and gone) and cut it 50% for Catwoman (since she leave it reuseable). I think this is a great idea to lower the impact of interactibles but not render them useless.

LaR

Noob
You're at 20% health on your second lifebar on Metropolis Rooftop, you're midscreen with your opponent and they have their back to a robot, what do you do?
Dash in and air to air into full combo?. havnt really tested that one so i dont know but i'm sure there character specific ways to deal with it for example batman could probably air grapple you out of it cyborg and deathstorke could instant air shot you out of if ares could teleport behind it.

care to elaborate?
Each interractble is different so i cant really elaborate but so far every stage i've practiced on i have found multiple ways of avoiding and punishing the interratcbles.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No it's not. It is also why the game has the ability for both players to select a stage. You maay not get the stage you want, but you also just might.

Yes it is. You're telling me losing only because you got unlucky with the random stage select or 50/50 is not bullshit? You're telling me after winning because of the stage, the opponent tries to 50/50 but loses that and loses because of the stage again is fair?

No matter how you try to justify it, it's bullshit losing before the match starts. It devolves the game into whoever gets lucky at stage select will win. This can be remedied by loser can pick stage and no 50/50. This is off-topic, however. Stage counterpicking isn't my concern, it's the interactables themselves in their current form that I'm worried about.

Justice

Noob
Yes it is. You're telling me losing only because you got unlucky with the random stage select or 50/50 is not bullshit? You're telling me after winning because of the stage, the opponent tries to 50/50 but loses that and loses because of the stage again is fair?

No matter how you try to justify it, it's bullshit losing before the match starts. It devolves the game into whoever gets lucky at stage select will win. This can be remedied by loser can pick stage and no 50/50. This is off-topic, however. Stage counterpicking isn't my concern, it's the interactables themselves in their current form that I'm worried about.
So you're telling me that knowing the rules before you sit down and play, you lose because of those rules and then call the rules bullshit? So you're tellling everyone, as a mod of this site, that it's not possible to go into Practice Mode with every stage and develop strategies to counter and prevent your opponent from using these "bullshit" interactibles?

Wow.

LBSH. The only way you can lose a match before it starts is if you give up. You tell yourself that a match is over before the loading screen is done, then yep. It's over. I never complain about interactibles when I get nailed with them. I might curse about my damned luck or rage a little that I fell for it but I always say "Sure, you got me this time. But next time will be different." If you can't say that then you might want to consider a new hobby.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Funny that this is being brought up now. Playing with my teammates always ends with one of us getting mad and not wanting to play anymore. We decided to just turn the interactables off for once and had much more fun. The game is much more enjoyable with interactables turned off, imo. It's more competitive because you don't have to worry about shit being thrown at you from everywhere. Unblockable shit, that is. I know a good player should be able to get around them and that they are unique and whatever, but I do still prefer playing without them.. by a long shot. I simply don't like the interactables.