What's new

Are interactables too good?

Are Interactables currently a little too powerful?

• Yes

Votes: 131 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 22.5%

• Total voters

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
No.

Some maps have no bullshit, some maps have bullshit.

Learn that map selection is just as much a counterpick, as an actual character counterpick.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No.

Some maps have no bullshit, some maps have bullshit.

Learn that map selection is just as much a counterpick, as an actual character counterpick.

Losing because the stage heavily favors your opponent is BULLSHIT. That means whoever wins the 50/50 stage select already will have a huge advantage. But that's a little besides the point, just a little though.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm surprised at all the "No" answers in the poll.

I think the main issue with stages right now, is that they aren't really applying a tournament standard to stage selection. Once that happens, players can use stage selection to take advantage of good stages instead of only 50/50 and getting screwed on Rooftop Day three times in a row. Characters do have advantageous stages, but there needs to be an enforced method of stage selection so they don't look "too good."

JaredL

Losing because the stage heavily favors your opponent is BULLSHIT.

So make tournament rules better? To allow the loser to pick a stage so they get stage advantage?

If you hate interactables a lot, go somewhere like Gotham. No respawning shit there. Dumpster is a bit meh but still.

I like them as they add variety to the game and makes it different from other fighters. But the negatives outweigh that one positive imo. It makes stage selection bland and boring because I barely see half the stages in tournament play. They're also pretty random and I still don't know how to avoid them. Not to mention power characters benefit more than the other characters.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
IMO, nerf all the damage done by 7%, across the board. They just do too much damage and a small nerf still keeps the original intention in terms of gameplay mechanics.

KILLA_xGHOST

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So make tournament rules better? To allow the loser to pick a stage so they get stage advantage?

If you hate interactables a lot, go somewhere like Gotham. No respawning shit there. Dumpster is a bit meh but still.

That's not addressing the problem though, that's just creating a temporary solution. I'm not attacking stage counterpicking anyway, but the interactables themselves.

chores

bad at things
i only play gl and ww (both power) and i think the damage is too high. i think it should be halved and also players should take increased damage if they get hit out of using one. oometimes the asylum stage will go "tv tv flower" and its like 60% and the round is essentially over

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
75% believes they are too strong. I remember getting flamed a month ago for making a topic stating that interactables are dumb. Oh how the community has changed.

JaredL

That's not addressing the problem though, that's just creating a temporary solution. I'm not attacking stage counterpicking anyway, but the interactables themselves.

One can easily say what is said about stages, and apply it to characters.

Remember, while skewing, they can also rebalance. They might give that joker a chance.

I don't think interactables are "too good". Not most of them at least.

For example:

The throwable interactables in Atlantis and Themyscira are PERFECT because they can be easily avoided.

The throwable interactables in Metropolis Rooftop, however, are braindead stupid because the vast majority of characters cannot avoid them with a late jump.

So the problem to me is not the damage that interactables do or the fact that some of them track. It's the fact that some interactables are too hard to avoid because of their ridiculously big hitboxes.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I don't think interactables are "too good". Not most of them at least.

For example:

The throwable interactables in Atlantis and Themyscira are PERFECT because they can be easily avoided.

The throwable interactables in Metropolis Rooftop, however, are braindead stupid because the vast majority of characters cannot avoid them with a late jump.

So the problem to me is not the damage that interactables do or the fact that some of them track. It's the fact that some interactables are too hard to avoid because of their ridiculously big hitboxes.

300 foot long car on wayne manor?

JaredL

You're at 20% health on your second lifebar on Metropolis Rooftop, you're midscreen with your opponent and they have their back to a robot, what do you do?

You're playing as catwoman. You are down to your last 5% against deathstroke. What do you do?

Sometimes, there are situations with no escape.

cpmd4

Slaughter is the Best Medicine
I like interactables, they're pretty fun and have an "oh wow, Superman just smashed a car into Batman's face!" factor to them, playing a game or watching one. However, for tournaments, they really are too powerful. Unblockable, some are nearly unavoidable, high damage, little risk for most. They make a lot of stages lean heavily to a certain character type making matches less about skill and more about getting the stage that favours your character. They need to do less damage or make them harder to hit. Maybe a bit of both.

I don't think they should be removed from competitive play completely, though. They are very "Injustice" and are a big part of the game.