What's new

Are interactables too good?

Are Interactables currently a little too powerful?

• Yes

Votes: 131 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 22.5%

• Total voters

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I was going to make this thread before ECT, but wanted to wait until after it and UFGT. Thankfully, my point was strengthened at UFGT because of the Metropolis Rooftop stage, along side many other interactable abuse that just made me literally shake my head.

Now I don't care if I get shit for this. I'm normally the one that says "stfu, level up and adapt". And I also was the one advocating against banning interactables early on and still don't think they need to be banned. Interactables are awesome and are unique and add very different gameplay from other games. However, they obviously are too good in their current form. And what's worse, some characters can't even use them while others can.

This thread is to ask for a nerf on all interactables. This isn't a knee jerk reaction, I've played over 1,000 games while playing great players like Arturo, Detroitballn, PL, Smarrgasm, Pig, WoundCowboy, etc, and I've watched every Injustice tournament that I could. This is a conclusion based on evidence, not just complaining cause I lost to them. In fact, I abuse interactables more than anyone I've played, and I rarely lose to them because I use Ares and I can just lol teleport.

The hitbox for most interactables is ridiculous. You can't avoid a lot of them by jumping, and the tracking seems a little too good to me. But I wouldn't mind the hitbox if the damage wasn't so high. Right now they do around 15-25% right? I haven't actually paid attention to all the damage differences between them. And yes I know how to avoid them with well timed jump, dashing foward, back dashing, mb b3/f3 dash cancel, etc. You can't always do these things though, and they don't always work 100% of the time.

So there's really only 2 types of nerfs I would want, an either or type of thing. Either reduce the hitbox, or lower the damage. As they stand right now, they're essentially a tracking unblockable ~20% projectile with a nearly full screen hitbox that only certain characters can really utilize. As I said, I love interactables, they're awesome and I would really really hate to see them banned. And I fear if they aren't changed, a few months from now, they may very well be banned. And that would be disappointing. colt hecterrific

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Them being unblockable is stupid, thats my one gripe and I will consider them stupid until they are fixed in some way.

And dem hitboxes...

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
*Purposely drops 30% combo
*throws interactable, meterless 50%

Most of them are fine, but i could stand to see them become a universal 15%.

The interactable skybots on Metropolis Rooftop NEED to be fixed.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Some interactables still seem to do double the damage if the person getting hit does a meter burn right as they're getting hit

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I think they're in need of some tweaking.

My only real complaint is that I feel that acrobatic characters REALLY got the short end of the stick with interactables. That divekick they get from overheads really needs to be at least an overhead. It's nowhere near as useful as planting explosives or tosses the object. I don't know what they can do to fix it, but I feel that characters like Flash/Raven suffer from not having as many useful options with those.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
hell yes. ban them in tournament until they are toned down, or balanced for the archetypes at the minimum IMO

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I think they're in need of some tweaking.

My only real complaint is that I feel that acrobatic characters REALLY got the short end of the stick with interactables. That divekick they get from overheads really needs to be at least an overhead. It's nowhere near as useful as planting explosives or tosses the object. I don't know what they can do to fix it, but I feel that characters like Flash/Raven suffer from not having as many useful options with those.
Gotham City Rooftop and Atlantis are good for Mobility characters.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Yes. The hitboxes are completely fucked with interactables. I also think some stages leave characters at a horrible disadvantage. Anyone remember Chris G shaking his head today because he kept losing the 50/50? Interactable damage should be scaled down.

I feel Power Characters greatly benefit from interactibles than anyone in the entire game, using them as mobility isn't even good, I haven't seen anyone use them for mobility. As a gadget character, it's only useful to prevent someone else from using them, yes, you may occasionally bait on a read and catch someone with an explosive but it's not as frequent as, herp, derp, throw and get free damage.

And I also feel people saying to backdash them and use invincibility frames are full of crap. I haven't seen a single successful consistent backdash to avoid them, not to mention they have absurd tracking, and even if you do manage to avoid, there is debris and after explosion that almost 100% catches you.

Any one noticed the really shitty hitbox on Metallo this weekend or when people tried to avoid the Robot on Metropolis that the after explosion still hit them?

I think they're kind of silly.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Gadget characters and acrobat characters are fine. Power characters rule the interactable world tho. Most gadget characters interactables are in your face where they can be punished for activating them. Power characters can hit you with any of them 3 quarters of the screen away.

Not to mention most zoners in this game are power characters:

Cyborg
Sinestro
Lantern
Ares
Lex
Adam

Very formidable considering their current full screen presence.