What's new

Are interactables too good?

Are Interactables currently a little too powerful?

• Yes

Votes: 131 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 22.5%

• Total voters

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well, mostly joking. The way the game is, they can't have let's say Superman's F23 string do as much damage as hitting you w/a car. That to make would be very silly. I don't know how they would scale the damage to make sense to be quite honest, I do however 100% think they need to look at the hitboxes on it.

For competitive balance, I play a supposed low tier char and I personally like I can hit any char in the game w/a weapon and then work my way in. It changes momentum fast and I think the way the game is designed, they have to do high damage. Maybe some objects should do more or less than others? Like the stupid flower, that shouldn't hurt as much as a car IMO
Its a poison flower though. It should do as much as the car but go down slowly over time. Or reduce movement or something.

That might make it more broken though loooooolll

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have a few buffs you could give to gadget characters use of interactables

After they jump they pull out a rocket launcher and shoot at the character as they jump back

#balanced

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Well there at it, they should switch Bane to be a gadget character.

Those huge muscles are kinda misleading, he shouldn't be throwing robots and cars at dudes, hes not that strong.

Interactibles are stupid. They should be blockable. It's like a football game where if you score 10 points you immediately score +10 more just for doing so. They don't work. Nice idea, poor execution.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Well there at it, they should switch Bane to be a gadget character.

Those huge muscles are kinda misleading, he shouldn't be throwing robots and cars at dudes, hes not that strong.
I am literally amazed no bane main replied to your comment, from what ive read in their threads interactables are important to bane's gameplan

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
This is what I would personally would like them to do with stage hazards.

General

Hazards do not do damage though armor, so you can completely negate a thrown object with a MBDC.

Increase the amount of meter needed to MB a hazard, up to two bars.

Thrown objects no longer track, instead you have to aim them with inputs.
D+S throw the object directly under you.
U+S throw the object straight through the air forward.
F+S throw the object diagonally far.
B+S throw the object diagonally close.
MB+S gives the normal armor and the object tracks again.

Gadget characters can now MB the explosive dodge to give them armor.

The divekick Flash, KF, and Raven have is now an overhead and causes a ground bounce on hit, allowing for a followup, scales like a D2.

You can now MB the divekick to give it armor.

Specific hazards.

The plant in Arkham can now be used both ways by both types of characters.

Can now plant explosives or divekick of chandeliers if you so desire.

Robots on watchtower have increased spawn time, about 3 times as much.

Adjust the hitbox on the gadget water pipe on Atlantis, the opposite of Sinestro's fear pellets, farther away, you can duck it.

The robots on Rooftop now can not be thrown by power characters, instead they are used the same way as gadget characters. They also no longer respawn, but all 3 of them are on the map from the start, bullet one is in the center, fire on the left, plasma on the right.
After a hit from one of them, you can now follow up with a combo, however it is scaled similar to a D2.
If a gadget characters use it with a D input, it plants a bomb on it to destroy it, if a power character uses a D input, they throw it directly downward, destroying it.

The masks on arkham can now be blocked.

Pig stays the same.

Reduce hitboxs across the board.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
If top players really think it's such a problem(which I'm actually leaning towards agreement right now), why not try running an upcoming moderate sized tournament with them disabled and see how it goes? I mean, in the other war of the games topic, PL, pig, and other tournament players obviously don't like them. If they remain unchanged, they should try to experiment without them and see how it runs in a high level tournament. If they feel enough entrants would run with it without a problem. I know some don't mind them or like them(*cough* Osu *cough*).

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
I wholeheartedly agree with the original poster. Right now, interactables are way to powerful. If you ask me, I'd reduce their ridiculously large hitboxes AND reduce their absurdly damage.

Ban them? By all means, no. It's one of the main things that make Injustice different from other fighting games.

All they need to do is reduce the hit boxes. If the damage is reduced, they may as well be removed. It won't be worth going for them and possibly being punished for 10% damage. Yea, no thanks on that.

GNice4U

Noob
I would definitely hate to see them banned...but the damage they do is too high. A little nerfing and things would be fine. Just my noob 2 cents.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I would definitely hate to see them banned...but the damage they do is too high. A little nerfing and things would be fine. Just my noob 2 cents.
Noob 2 cents or not I completely agree. Last night there was a great Hawkgirl out there and I watched her take almost half of the damage she suffered in that match to Black Adam from interactibles. Tranisitions and interactibles are fun and exciting and they do exactly what I hoped which is make footsies even more elaborate, but they also did what I didn't want which is completely overshadow other kinds of offense.

I like them for extensions and GTFO, but the damage on interactibles is too high. Plus I don't believe any stage should have any unblockables in any scenario. That just feels like some stages guarantee damage too easily in various situations. Plus transitions desperately need toned down given how strong zoning is in this game already because getting all that damage and then getting to return to a comfortable zoning distance makes it way too powerful in some cases. Why wouldn't you fish for transitions as Black Adam or Aquaman?

Nerf the interactibles and transitions IMO. They do great for footsies but they are overshadowing some really good players in matches because they stack the damage too easily in the favor of run away styles of play. Seeing that Hawkgirl essentially lose to interactible damage after all that legit work was sad.