What's new

Are interactables too good?

Are Interactables currently a little too powerful?

• Yes

Votes: 131 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 22.5%

• Total voters

haketh

Noob
So I should get better when I'm at 25% health on Metropolis Rooftop against a black adam with trait up? Hmmmm okay.
Why are you at 25%? What bad decsiions did you make to get there? What can you do to keep him from getting the Drone? And note I've said in this thread some of these interactables are pretty dumb, Rooftop Drones being one of the bigger offenders. If it was up to me I'd keep them respawning, but switch sides each time and lower the damage to 10%.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Why are you at 25%? What bad decsiions did you make to get there? What can you do to keep him from getting the Drone? And note I've said in this thread some of these interactables are pretty dumb, Rooftop Drones being one of the bigger offenders. If it was up to me I'd keep them respawning, but switch sides each time and lower the damage to 10%.

Kay look the way I got to a low health really doesn't matter. It just comes down to free unavoidable damage. People need to stop saying "Well you got yourself in a bad situation here". Do NOT act like you never lose, or you never make a bad read and get punished for it. So me being at whatever percentage I am has nothing to do with the fact that robots doing 20% + damage for FREE is bullshit. I'm so tired of saying over and over situations, when it comes down to free damage. Did you not see the chandelier on Asylum hitting twice and doing 44% damage? Holy shit.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Metropolis Rooftop is the reason I got knocked out of the tournament at UFGT this weekend. Sucks to lose 50-50 stage select, right? I don't know if they are too powerful...but the inescapable ones that favor some characters are so dumb and really need to be fixed...

haketh

Noob
I make bad reads, I get punished for them, I shouldn't have amde the bad read that put me in a position of low life and close enough to a interactable to seal the match. I can't count the number of times I mad one bad decision in MVC2 like calling Cyke at a bad time and llosting two characters to AHVB, making a bad read on a EX DP with Billy in XIII and dieing to a HD combo, or whiffing a double punch with bane getting comboed then having a TV thrown at me.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I make bad reads, I get punished for them, I shouldn't have amde the bad read that put me in a position of low life and close enough to a interactable to seal the match. I can't count the number of times I mad one bad decision in MVC2 like calling Cyke at a bad time and llosting two characters to AHVB, making a bad read on a EX DP with Billy in XIII and dieing to a HD combo, or whiffing a double punch with bane getting comboed then having a TV thrown at me.

I would rather make a bad decision and get myself and my assist called, than just get hit by free damage that possibly hits full screen. You can get hit at full screen almost by the ball thing on Aquarium that tracks.

haketh

Noob
The Globe on Atlantis is extremely easy to jump or BD at just outside mid to far range, and if you're closer you can MB3 thoguh to punish. If you wanted a better example should have gone witht he drones on Rooftop.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
The Globe on Atlantis is extremely easy to jump or BD at just outside mid to far range, and if you're closer you can MB3 thoguh to punish. If you wanted a better example should have gone witht he drones on Rooftop.

I didn't wanna keep bringing up drones, because we all know about that. I honestly MB through every interactable to punish, but I shouldnt have to take 20% damage to get a punish, doesn't that seem like a little too much to you?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I feel a lot of people are missing the point. I even stated that I love interactables in the OP. But you cannot deny how good they are currently. They are objectively "powerful", and my opinion is that they are "too" powerful. And as I said, you can't use the "just level up argument" because they are often unavoidable, even if you're Ares. I don't even propose a significant nerf, just make them not so overpowered. If you had 3 health bars they would be fine, but you only have 2. ;)

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Yeah I know that. Doesn't make it fair though >_<
I know you're old school (seen you on forums forever, since 03 I'm an old school soul calibur player) but think about what you're saying. You have KF. She has some of the most powerful, diverse tools in the game. And let's also be grateful this isn't street fighter where there is stamina, we all have the same stamina. That helps you, not me cause I play Bane haha. Now back on topic: People can debate top 5 all day until they are blue in the face, but I'm SURE the entire KF community can agree she's very capable of winning a tournament.

Overall, all I'm saying is, her tools are SO STRONG, the interactables shouldn't matter that much. They matter, it's ignorant for anybody to say they don't matter, they do. However, look at your tool set. I'm not saying the game is perfect, keep in mind and I'm not saying it's all 100% fair. All I'm saying is, you play arguably the best female char in the game w/a tool set most of the cast envys. Not trying to rant, just trying to put things in perspective that's all:) You're of course entitled to your opinion

Juggs Shouldn't having a car being thrown on top of you hurt..........a lot? LOL I think the damage scaling wouldn't make much sense. The only thing I'd agree w/is Poison Ivy's flower. That doesn't seem like it hurts too much but.......damn. I know if Bane/Superman/Grundy are throwing cars or motorcycles or robots at you, they should really fuck you up

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Nori Batousai I agree with you that KF is possible the best female in the game besides Batgirl, but in certain MU's I have to deal with an opponent with a toolset that completely counters mine (IE Black Adam and Hawkgirl), who can freely sit in the air all day and I actually have no answer for it, now through in floating robots that do damage on top of it and it's a nightmare. I'm aware that yes it's a bad matchup and I should get better at it (which I am working on), but adding in something as scary as objects that are an extension of their character, and that knock me back full screen, makes MU's that are 4-6 even worse.

I understand entirely where you're coming from though.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You have a logical answer and I respect that, but the thing is mobility characters are severely gimped when it comes to interactables. For example, KF can only divekick off the TV's in Asylum, which is blockable. Yet others can take those out of play with unblockable damage.
1. I am pretty sure a blocked divekick is safe or advantage, if that is the case then it sets up pressure
2. As for your hypothetical, your best bet would be to just grab him and put him in the corner. Now you have the robots and you can bait the fire.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
1. I am pretty sure a blocked divekick is safe or advantage, if that is the case then it sets up pressure
2. As for your hypothetical, your best bet would be to just grab him and put him in the corner. Now you have the robots and you can bait the fire.
I actually havent tested the divekick, so I really don't know.

That can go back to him teching the grab then punishing, but it's whatever. That arguement of a hypothetical match can go on forever and nothing can come from it, so let's not bother anymore.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Nori Batousai I agree with you that KF is possible the best female in the game besides Batgirl, but in certain MU's I have to deal with an opponent with a toolset that completely counters mine (IE Black Adam and Hawkgirl), who can freely sit in the air all day and I actually have no answer for it, now through in floating robots that do damage on top of it and it's a nightmare. I'm aware that yes it's a bad matchup and I should get better at it (which I am working on), but adding in something as scary as objects that are an extension of their character, and that knock me back full screen, makes MU's that are 4-6 even worse.

I understand entirely where you're coming from though.
haha I know what you're saying, trust me. You have any idea how careful you have to play as Bane to get in on Superman? And then I get in and he then throws an object at me to further shit on my morale? I'm w/you trust me...........only reason again I like it is cause I get to hit THAT fucker w/a car when he comes in my neighborhood.

It's very possible I'm biased cause my char can actually use these weapons well

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
haha I know what you're saying, trust me. You have any idea how careful you have to play as Bane to get in on Superman? And then I get in and he then throws an object at me to further shit on my morale? I'm w/you trust me...........only reason again I like it is cause I get to hit THAT fucker w/a car when he comes in my neighborhood.

It's very possible I'm biased cause my char can actually use these weapons well
Makes sense to me. Luckily the other character I play can actually blow them up, but still they're rather annoying. They at least need to do 5% damage and that's it. 20%+ is way too steep.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Juggs Shouldn't having a car being thrown on top of you hurt..........a lot? LOL I think the damage scaling wouldn't make much sense. The only thing I'd agree w/is Poison Ivy's flower. That doesn't seem like it hurts too much but.......damn. I know if Bane/Superman/Grundy are throwing cars or motorcycles or robots at you, they should really fuck you up

This isn't a valid argument. We're talking about the competitive aspects and balance, not "in real life getting hit by a car would hurt". Of course it would, but so would getting hit by ONE punch from Superman. I assume you were just joking though.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Makes sense to me. Luckily the other character I play can actually blow them up, but still they're rather annoying. They at least need to do 5% damage and that's it. 20%+ is way too steep.
I think the only thing (IMO) that needs to be changed is the hit boxes. Some of them, no matter if you are winning or losing, are simply just stupid and don't make sense (as much sense as you can make w/a grown man throwing a car at you like a toy)

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
This isn't a valid argument. We're talking about the competitive aspects and balance, not "in real life getting hit by a car would hurt". Of course it would, but so would getting hit by ONE punch from Superman. I assume you were just joking though.
Actually if we went by that logic then no, it would not hurt, you see they took a pill that somehow game them durability on the levels of superman lol

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I think the only thing (IMO) that needs to be changed is the hit boxes. Some of them, no matter if you are winning or losing, are simply just stupid and don't make sense (as much sense as you can make w/a grown man throwing a car at you like a toy)
Hitboxes need to be adjusted, as well as damage, and some of them need to not hit two times (The chandelier on the bottom of Arkham, and the car on Metropolis street).

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Actually if we went by that logic then no, it would not hurt, you see they took a pill that somehow game them durability on the levels of superman lol

True, they should laugh at cars flying at them. :D

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Well, mostly joking. The way the game is, they can't have let's say Superman's F23 string do as much damage as hitting you w/a car. That to make would be very silly. I don't know how they would scale the damage to make sense to be quite honest, I do however 100% think they need to look at the hitboxes on it.

For competitive balance, I play a supposed low tier char and I personally like I can hit any char in the game w/a weapon and then work my way in. It changes momentum fast and I think the way the game is designed, they have to do high damage. Maybe some objects should do more or less than others? Like the stupid flower, that shouldn't hurt as much as a car IMO

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Metropolis Rooftop is the reason I got knocked out of the tournament at UFGT this weekend. Sucks to lose 50-50 stage select, right? I don't know if they are too powerful...but the inescapable ones that favor some characters are so dumb and really need to be fixed...
THIS THIS THIS