What's new

Are Bro Hugs Appropriate?

Are Bro Hugs Appropriate?

• No adrenaline and testosterone shouldn't inter-mingle with double arm-wrapped hugs.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes its fine sometimes your emotions get the best of you and we don't have g/f's to hug.

Votes: 57 85.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
FTR slips never hugged me nor has reo

I think CD has been the best though, when you go to hug him he reaches his hand out for the aforementioned bro hand hug shake combo, but in fact what he does is check you with the spacing of the hand shake and HOLDS you there in place so you can proceed no further to complete or even remotely engage in a hug. The message gets to you pretty fast and you realize what he's doing, he's using that hand shake as a spacing tool. At this point you ask yourself why he didnt main kenshi but you understand why he co mains freddy now and that kit 21 range
LMFAO Hand Shake spacing tool.

I find bro hugs appropriate when you hadn't seen your bro in a while or when saying goodbye. I think making top8 warrants a bro hug lol. I'd love to make top16.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This whole pride thing and "threat to your manhood" fear people have are really childish. If you have these feelings when thinking about the idea of hugging your friend who is a guy or for any other reason, you need to grow up.

On another note, when rev0lver introduced himself to me at EVO, I gave him a hug and he was CLEARLY uncomfortable lol ... take your bro hug and like it!

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.

That's the Bro hug. What you're referring to , slips, is a man hug, which is the same hug you would give to your grandma.

Bro hug is 60% handshake and 40% hug.

Man hug is all man, all hug.

Man hugs may only be used in certain situations: funerals, winning the world series (or any professional sporting championship), throwing a perfect game (or achieving some monumental professional sporting endeavor), or with a dying friend. lol.
I agree with this.

NariTuba

disMember
I hug my friends, period. Male, female, human, dwarf, gnome, worgen....ok, I've said too much.

Point is, I am secure enough in my sexuality to be able to hug another man without fear that he, she or anyone else will assume something.

Honestly, I simply don't care enough to worry about it.

I wish people would open their minds enough to understand this point:

If you're that concerned that someone will think you're gay because you hugged another man, then stop being so insecure about yourself.

True self esteem comes from what YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF. Not what others may think of you.

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone... and find one of your closest friends, male or female, and him or her today and everyday...and don't worry what anyone else will think about it other than the fact that the person you hugged will appreciate the fact that you care about them.
A refreshing read, thanks Phill... spearating the men from the boys.

Merry Christmas to you my friend!

CYracks

Command Grabber
There's two out of like, millions.

Pony pictures are cool, though a bit unneccesary in this case. But hey, who can go wrong with ponies?

Besides, there's more cloppers than bronies on this site.
I'm just messing with you guys lol. Just learned what cloppers are...

The only bro hugs i give are ones that start with an handshake and the other hand reaches around and gives a pat on the back, meanwhile the hand that the two guys shake with completely keeps each others midsection from touching each other, if they do its in complete violation of the man code!

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
FTR slips never hugged me nor has reo

I think CD has been the best though, when you go to hug him he reaches his hand out for the aforementioned bro hand hug shake combo, but in fact what he does is check you with the spacing of the hand shake and HOLDS you there in place so you can proceed no further to complete or even remotely engage in a hug. The message gets to you pretty fast and you realize what he's doing, he's using that hand shake as a spacing tool. At this point you ask yourself why he didnt main kenshi but you understand why he co mains freddy now and that kit 21 range
this is what i do, you put it in better words.

SLy

Noob
Bro hugs are cool.. It comes down to how long the hugs are though. Ive seen people give the bro hug and talk in their ear while hugging.. That's uncalled for.

Its nothing to give the quick bro hug and shake hands. But again. Some people just get overhyped and happy.