What's new

Are Bro Hugs Appropriate?

Are Bro Hugs Appropriate?

• No adrenaline and testosterone shouldn't inter-mingle with double arm-wrapped hugs.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes its fine sometimes your emotions get the best of you and we don't have g/f's to hug.

Votes: 57 85.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
And by the way, the word you're looking for is "belief," not knowledge. Knowledge implies that something is true.
For a very long time in mankind's history it was common knowledge that the Earth is flat.
Let us enjoy Christmas instead in knowledge that I was talking about a stereotype regarding a certain group of people whom all are a victim of many other stereotypes back and forth, and I do not necessarily believe that the stereotype is true or valid in any shape or form.
Pass the nog willya.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
There are definitely times you want to hug your comrade when you achieve something you struggled for together. BUT! Don't give me that "hug because there's no girlfriend to hug" shit, that's gay.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Hugs for top 8 at a major? mehhh don't know about that. Not unless adrenaline is pumping and you do one of those handshake pull ins and gangsta tap their back. I rarely hug people, but I hugged my friend who just came back from basic...we hugged the shit out of each other.

For a very long time in mankind's history it was common knowledge that the Earth is flat.
Let us enjoy Christmas instead in knowledge that I was talking about a stereotype regarding a certain group of people whom all are a victim of many other stereotypes back and forth, and I do not necessarily believe that the stereotype is true or valid in any shape or form.
Pass the nog willya.
that common knowledge is proved to be wrong. so it is basically means the same as believed. it only means the same because you talk about the past and something that was proven wrong.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
that common knowledge is proved to be wrong. so it is basically means the same as believed. it only means the same because you talk about the past and something that was proven wrong.
Thus whether knowledge is true or false is a matter of evidence.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Slips

Were you high when you made this poll? But I digress, It depends on the context of the aforementioned top 8 placing. If you're jus breaking into the tourney life, and had never made top 8, and wrecked shop, played amazing, perhaps had to fight through losers to get there though. I could see a bro hug being appropriate. Especially if you scored a 'big win' against a well known opponent to get there. Now, if you're say..REO, I don't see him bro-hugging or being particularly receptive to a bro hug on a top 8 placing. As it's...you know.....par for the course lol.

Noob
I hug my friends, period. Male, female, human, dwarf, gnome, worgen....ok, I've said too much.

Point is, I am secure enough in my sexuality to be able to hug another man without fear that he, she or anyone else will assume something.

Honestly, I simply don't care enough to worry about it.

I wish people would open their minds enough to understand this point:

If you're that concerned that someone will think you're gay because you hugged another man, then stop being so insecure about yourself.

True self esteem comes from what YOU THINK ABOUT YOURSELF. Not what others may think of you.

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone... and find one of your closest friends, male or female, and him or her today and everyday...and don't worry what anyone else will think about it other than the fact that the person you hugged will appreciate the fact that you care about them.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If I get top 8 at major I will find the nearest bro and give him the best of brohugs. You can also brofive so hard that it turns into a bro shake that is accompanied by the awesome bropat on the back or the brosoup Insuperable

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
FTR slips never hugged me nor has reo

I think CD has been the best though, when you go to hug him he reaches his hand out for the aforementioned bro hand hug shake combo, but in fact what he does is check you with the spacing of the hand shake and HOLDS you there in place so you can proceed no further to complete or even remotely engage in a hug. The message gets to you pretty fast and you realize what he's doing, he's using that hand shake as a spacing tool. At this point you ask yourself why he didnt main kenshi but you understand why he co mains freddy now and that kit 21 range

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
FTR slips never hugged me nor has reo

I think CD has been the best though, when you go to hug him he reaches his hand out for the aforementioned bro hand hug shake combo, but in fact what he does is check you with the spacing of the hand shake and HOLDS you there in place so you can proceed no further to complete or even remotely engage in a hug. The message gets to you pretty fast and you realize what he's doing, he's using that hand shake as a spacing tool. At this point you ask yourself why he didnt main kenshi but you understand why he co mains freddy now and that kit 21 range
GGA 16 Bit only likes this post because he loves it when Kitana players get credit for their godlike spacing. Deep down Bit knows that it's more likely the hand is doing the spacing for him.