What's new

Are Bro Hugs Appropriate?

Are Bro Hugs Appropriate?

• No adrenaline and testosterone shouldn't inter-mingle with double arm-wrapped hugs.

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Yes its fine sometimes your emotions get the best of you and we don't have g/f's to hug.

Votes: 57 85.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
There are times to hug another man, and there are times you don't.

If you place top 8 at a major does that warrant you giving out a bro hug to one of your friends?

Or does it violate man-law?

What do you all think?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
If I place top8 at a tourney, I'm bro huggin.
Gonna pop off like never before. But still Bro huggin. (no homo)
Might need to start practicing my bernie. A fat guy falling backwards doing a bernie is like the holy grail for Tosh.0

It's perfectly acceptable and normal; it shows the loooooooooove. Humans aren't always selfish and corrupt.

Providing there's no cheek cupping its all good. ;)
Right.

There are times to hug another man, and there are times you don't.

If you place top 8 at a major does that warrant you giving out a bro hug to one of your friends?

Or does it violate man-law?

What do you all think?

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Damn, it didn't take long for the bronies to invade
There's two out of like, millions.

Pony pictures are cool, though a bit unneccesary in this case. But hey, who can go wrong with ponies?

Besides, there's more cloppers than bronies on this site.

There's two out of like, millions.

Pony pictures are cool, though a bit unneccesary in this case. But hey, who can go wrong with ponies?

Besides, there's more cloppers than bronies on this site.
>Who can go wrong with ponies?
The only ones who can go wrong with ponies are those who have unnatural reactions to colorful things, and those who are close-minded.

>More cloppers than Bronies here
Oh hell naw.

Manly Hugs..

No "hugging for warmth" type of hugs so to speak...
Hugs of manliness; hugging as in "good job, bro" or "best buddy", not the "I need some loving" type of hugs.

I voted yes, they're fine, even if you have a gf. If I get top 8 at a major i'm hugging everyone. I'm hugging the people i play, the TO, the crowd, the stream people, everyone.
If i have a gf i'm celebrating a different way with her later.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
i love hugging people, me and my crew do this thing where me do slick ass handshake then go in for a slight hug, sometimes after that we snap our fingers once and go "pshhhhhh" . it's some fresh prince shit, makes people laugh and livens up the mood.

they are okay, but only in some situations, top 8 aint enough, you gotta win mlg or evo for it to be appropriate. other situations are winning the lottery or mk10 being announced.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Depends on the culture.
Americans and brits are known to be homophobes.
Towards the east of Europe hugs or even kissing another man's cheek is just being part of the family, there is no sexuality involved.
We bang vaginas.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
"Known to be" implies that everyone believes it as if it's a straight up fact. You believing something =/= known to be.
Known to be implies that there is a knowledge thereof, whether it is true or false, whether it applies to the entire group or a segment of it, or whether said group admits to what it is known to be, or denies it.
It implies that there is a belief in regards to which can be discussed at all.
It is a stereotype, but you'll find more people who call men hugging gay over there than over here. Whether it is true about you, your neighbor or your brother, is not part of this.