What's new

General/Other - Aftershock Aftershock Variation Discussion Thread

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I've been trying hard to find uses for aftershock's non-EX earthshake. Here are some things I've found.

Does anyone know of any good ways to set up non-EX earthshake? Ideally, it'd leave him plus on enemy wakeup, but I can't find any that do.
I usually just hit the restand in the corner. Pretty swaggy
Occasionally somebody techrolls.

Nabeel Robinson

My time will come!
So I have found a way to punish a lot of Sub Zero's strings into clone by doing Instant Air Earthquakes. The only ones that are safe are F4 Clone, 11 Clone, B33 Clone and of course EX Clone is completely safe for Sub. You can only use EX DB2 to punish F33 Clone and 123 clone, the rest of Sub's strings into clone can't be punished with EX DB2. Here's a video below showing how to punish:

Last edited:

Krabman

Noob
I don't think most people quite understand how good IA quake is. I'm not talking about doing it at half height like most videos show, I'm talking about almost staying on the ground where there's a hard to blockable after rock drop. I have no idea how anyone can do it without a hitbox consistently but if you can, more power to you lol.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I don't think most people quite understand how good IA quake is. I'm not talking about doing it at half height like most videos show, I'm talking about almost staying on the ground where there's a hard to blockable after rock drop. I have no idea how anyone can do it without a hitbox consistently but if you can, more power to you lol.
If that's all u use an ia quake for its not that useful u don't even need to be able to do ia to do that. Don't get me wrong though it's obviously really good if u can consistently do it, I'm just saying tremor's tools all ready really good in aftershock

Krabman

Noob
If that's all u use an ia quake for its not that useful u don't even need to be able to do ia to do that. Don't get me wrong though it's obviously really good if u can consistently do it, I'm just saying tremor's tools all ready really good in aftershock
what? I never said that was the only use there's tons of options that come with it. Yeah aftershock already has great tools but I'm saying with IA quake it levels up aftershocks zoning significantly. I don't know why you're arguing lol.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
I've been trying hard to find uses for aftershock's non-EX earthshake. Here are some things I've found.

Does anyone know of any good ways to set up non-EX earthshake? Ideally, it'd leave him plus on enemy wakeup, but I can't find any that do.
In the corner off of 21d4u4 db2u f3 dd1 u have enough time to use b3 before they get up or wake up with a decent wake up. If your opponent has a really good non ex wake up like kanos up ball u can use f1 to stuff it and still combo. Ima check if it works for Cassie. Anyways the combo from a b322 f1 db2u 123 db1 40%. From a f12 db2d f1 db2u 123 db1 33% I think

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Guys am I doing something wrong here or this isn't really working? I do everything like in the video, but people still manage to jump out from this setup. Just after they hit the ground, they still manage to jump out of EX DD4 and not get hit. I tested this in the lab too, even when I do EX DD1/DD4 as fast as possible AI simply jumps out.
@InFlames are you sure it's guaranteed?

EDIT: I was doing njp after db2u so it might gave caused the escape, my bad

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
Guys am I doing something wrong here or this isn't really working? I do everything like in the video, but people still manage to jump out from this setup. Just after they hit the ground, they still manage to jump out of EX DD4 and not get hit. I tested this in the lab too, even when I do EX DD1/DD4 as fast as possible AI simply jumps out.
@InFlames are you sure it's guaranteed?

EDIT: I was doing njp after db2u so it might gave caused the escape, my bad
yeah dont njp, just go straight to f3 and they shouldnt be able to jump out

ErmacMKX

Noob
How much better is Aftershock in comparison to Metallic. I'm so bipolar with Tremor I want to main one of his variations but can't choose which one. It's pretty stupid but the reason I haven't picked Aftershock yet was because he didn't have the mask but I think it may be time to change that. Help persuade me lol.

The Highlander

There can be only one
How much better is Aftershock in comparison to Metallic. I'm so bipolar with Tremor I want to main one of his variations but can't choose which one. It's pretty stupid but the reason I haven't picked Aftershock yet was because he didn't have the mask but I think it may be time to change that. Help persuade me lol.
Yea the best thing about tremor is that his variations are basically injustice traits. His overall game plan is similar they just enhance one aspect over another. Once you have one down the others can be learned really easily too, so don't worry about it. Just play the one you find most fun. Aftershock is really only better in certain match-ups. Like GM sub or Reptile IMO.

How do you guys control space with Tremor? I've been trying to play him as more of a zoner until I can get a solid hit and start the set-ups but generally, what to do in neutral? more overhead rocks or pulse or roll ball? I'm quite lost, especially against rushdown characters.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
How do you guys control space with Tremor? I've been trying to play him as more of a zoner until I can get a solid hit and start the set-ups but generally, what to do in neutral? more overhead rocks or pulse or roll ball? I'm quite lost, especially against rushdown characters.
First of all, stop using Aftershock. Aftershock is a massively overrated variation that is mid tier at best. As is Metallic.

In Crystalline, EX low stone shatter manages the neutral game and rush down characters very well. The armor on d,d+1 allows you to zone most characters safely and ignore 90% of all wake up attacks in the game.

I would share much more. Just waiting to see whether the next patch will ruin Crystalline or not. Aftershock and Metallic are weak, though.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Understand that despite his best strings starting high, they have excellent range and frame data.
His d1 and close-range d4 jail into f1 on hit.
You can use f121 as a mobility tool in itself, though you have to be very cautious.
Rollers control space adequately, and Close Sky Rocks can cover your back (literally).

If you want to get in, play it slow and really pay attention to when you should poke. Ending combos with Straight Fist gains you a free forward dash, meaning you've earned pressure without needing to spend stamina. If things go south, you can break.

Rushdown characters (specifically those who can easily break Tremor's armor) tend to be trouble.
Pokes linked into specials like Down Shatter and Straight Fist might be the counterpoke tools you need, but be careful. There is a gap in the links that the opponent could be aware of.

*don't listen to what anyone says, Aftershock and Metallic are very strong
Aftershock is for anti-zoning and controlling ground space exceptionally well.
Crystalline is more defensive with the threat of a powerful low launcher.
Metallic has the best meterless damage and can do what the other variations can't. Metallic can guarantee f1.

First of all, stop using Aftershock. Aftershock is a massively overrated variation that is mid tier at best. As is Metallic.

In Crystalline, EX low stone shatter manages the neutral game and rush down characters very well. The armor on d,d+1 allows you to zone most characters safely and ignore 90% of all wake up attacks in the game.

I would share much more. Just waiting to see whether the next patch will ruin Crystalline or not. Aftershock and Metallic are weak, though.
Understand that despite his best strings starting high, they have excellent range and frame data.
His d1 and close-range d4 jail into f1 on hit.
You can use f121 as a mobility tool in itself, though you have to be very cautious.
Rollers control space adequately, and Close Sky Rocks can cover your back (literally).

If you want to get in, play it slow and really pay attention to when you should poke. Ending combos with Straight Fist gains you a free forward dash, meaning you've earned pressure without needing to spend stamina. If things go south, you can break.

Rushdown characters (specifically those who can easily break Tremor's armor) tend to be trouble.
Pokes linked into specials like Down Shatter and Straight Fist might be the counterpoke tools you need, but be careful. There is a gap in the links that the opponent could be aware of.

*don't listen to what anyone says, Aftershock and Metallic are very strong
Aftershock is for anti-zoning and controlling ground space exceptionally well.
Crystalline is more defensive with the threat of a powerful low launcher.
Metallic has the best meterless damage and can do what the other variations can't. Metallic can guarantee f1.
Thank you both. Hopefully, I will make online warriors feel the tremor better now