What's new

General/Other - Aftershock Aftershock Variation Discussion Thread

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Well people were already bitching back then that tremor was too op, because they couldn't block the overhead up rock low into low. Basically too lazy to learn how to block. So they took away the up rock to be able to combo off of it. In order of that the video was made. So yeah i can understand why it states "Potato Tier".
That's exactly what that video is for lol. Thanks. And btw - it was made the same day the nerf hammer hit Tremor. Hence why it's called "Reasons why Tremor got Nerfed" - to showcase how scrubs are too lazy to lab shit. His oh/b33 setup wasn't even hard to avoid, you had atleast 3 freakin options to get out of it.

Rebourne07

The only Metallic player left
lol just because a character is nerfed due to whining that does NOT automatically make him potato tier lol, character is fine, sounds like its the players who need to level up a little here, overhead rock drops were extremely strong oki even if you could block them every time
All I really get from your comments is that you don't play Tremor and you're glad you don't have to work hard to learn how to play against him now.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
All I really get from your comments is that you don't play Tremor and you're glad you don't have to work hard to learn how to play against him now.
yeah, you guys can't keep hiding behind this. I'm a Tremor player, in the Tremor forums, TRYING to post fresh Tremor tech, so I'm clearly in the lab with Tremor heavily, but simply because I don't think he's unplayably bad, you guys try to option select out that I'm whining because I don't want to work to beat him. Right.

Tremor community must be the absolute worst on this fucking site. Last time I ever post tech here, enjoy your little circlejerk. Level up like I chose to do, some of the best players in the game still think this character is not only viable but in the top half of the cast.

InFlames

dead
yeah, you guys can't keep hiding behind this. I'm a Tremor player, in the Tremor forums, TRYING to post fresh Tremor tech, so I'm clearly in the lab with Tremor heavily, but simply because I don't think he's unplayably bad, you guys try to option select out that I'm whining because I don't want to work to beat him. Right.

Tremor community must be the absolute worst on this fucking site. Last time I ever post tech here, enjoy your little circlejerk. Level up like I chose to do, some of the best players in the game still think this character is not only viable but in the top half of the cast.
chill lol

I see way more non tremor players saying hes garbage than actual tremor players. Dont generalize a whole character community, even in the buff thread you linked there were tremor players saying he is still viable but I guess you chose to ignore that.

God Confirm

chill lol

I see way more non tremor players saying hes garbage than actual tremor players. Dont generalize a whole character community, even in the buff thread you linked there were plenty of people saying he is still viable but I guess you chose to ignore that.
I'm not saying its all Tremor players mate chill I respect people like you who actually know the character

just the fact is you have people like Sharps and this guy who will literally throw out personal insults and accuse me of not playing the character just cause i said hes mid tier, and thats worse than any other community I've seen yet. Sorry for not towing the company line, but like pretty much every respected player in this game, I don't not think he is unplayable, hes fine lol people need to stop getting sour about it

Last edited:
I'm not saying its all Tremor players mate chill I respect people like you who actually know the character

just the fact is you have people like Sharps and this guy who will literally throw out personal insults and accuse me of not playing the character just cause i said hes mid tier, and thats worse than any other community I've seen yet. Sorry for not towing the company line, but like pretty much every respected player in this game, I don't not think he is unplayable, hes fine lol people need to stop getting sour about it
Ask @General M2Dave what he thinks of Aftershock and Metallic now. He will say pretty much the same as Sharp. Also I don't agree with insulting others in a discussion over a character. I think @Sharp is very passionate with Tremor, so crossed the line here a bit. We should stop "discussing" like this and get on the same page, because we can all agree on one thing here "Making Tremor Great Again!".

PS. I repeat, that I personally think he is very fine in Crystalline but Aftershock and especially Metallic are much inferior now. Before the latest patch I'd have gone as far saying Aftershock was on the same level as Crystalline and Metallic wasn't too far behind. Sadly it's not like that anymore.

Last edited:

God Confirm

Ask @General M2Dave what he thinks of Aftershock and Metallic now. He will say pretty much the same as Sharp. Also I don't agree with insulting others in a discussion over a character. I think @Sharp is very passionate with Tremor, so crossed the line here a bit. We should stop "discussing" like this and get on the same page, because we can all agree on one thing here "Making Tremor Great Again!".

PS. I repeat, that I personally think he is very fine in Crystalline but Aftershock and especially Metallic are much inferior now. Before the latest patch I'd have gone as far saying Aftershock was on the same level as Crystalline and Metallic wasn't too far behind. Sadly it's not like that anymore.
metallic seems trash to me but I disagree on Aftershock, hes not top tier but hes a very nice character if you can insta-air DD1. And 2 out of 3 variations being mid tier makes me laugh at some of the downplay and how fiercely some people will defend this idea that hes this unplayably bad character

metallic seems trash to me but I disagree on Aftershock, hes not top tier but hes a very nice character if you can insta-air DD1. And 2 out of 3 variations being mid tier makes me laugh at some of the downplay and how fiercely some people will defend this idea that hes this unplayably bad character
I agree, he surely isn't a pee patch Jason. Instant Air Quake? I guess that's rather hard to pull off. Any advice for that? I can do some instant air projectiles with Milena Cassie but Tremor didn't think of that.

Also my only wish for Tremor would be one buff out of the following:

Reasonable mid - either his old mid 2 or faster frames (12) for b1

Ex dd4 Otg damage not less than 8%

Old up rock frames from the early March patch with the htb in corner from ex rock drop

If one of these three was implemented, I wouldn't ask for anything anymore.

God Confirm

I agree, he surely isn't a pee patch Jason. Instant Air Quake? I guess that's rather hard to pull off. Any advice for that? I can do some instant air projectiles with Milena Cassie but Tremor didn't think of that.

Also my only wish for Tremor would be one buff out of the following:

Reasonable mid - either his old mid 2 or faster frames (12) for b1

Ex dd4 Otg damage not less than 8%

Old up rock frames from the early March patch with the htb in corner from ex rock drop

If one of these three was implemented, I wouldn't ask for anything anymore.
jump back, DFD1
Jump forward, DBD1

find that point of your stick where pulling through that the direction gives you down>forward>down in like one movement, and bam. just poke in a direction and instantly pull it back down and through. its not easy to learn but its legit as hell

people have their own way for pad

Renz

Noob
I've been trying to find a new main since March 1st. Before the patch setting up and going in for pressure and unsafe 50/50s was how I loved playing him. It's near impossible now to get anything started against a good opponent let alone keep momentum when everything comes from highs. Cunts who didn't want to learn the match up cried and got the character nerfed. Time to throw this game in the bin and wait it out for Injustice 2.

You can see by this thread that the character is buried into the ground.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I've been trying to find a new main since March 1st. Before the patch setting up and going in for pressure and unsafe 50/50s was how I loved playing him. It's near impossible now to get anything started against a good opponent let alone keep momentum when everything comes from highs. Cunts who didn't want to learn the match up cried and got the character nerfed. Time to throw this game in the bin and wait it out for Injustice 2.
My problem with NRS is when they nerf a character, they make them useless.
What they should do, is nerf them but still have them be viable. Take Tanya for example, sure she needed a nerf, but you could still make her not garbage tier. Tremor got nerfed way too hard.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
The patch didn't make tremor terrible, just made rock drop not amazing anymore and otg is,t really a thing. He still has amazing tools and of course playing around having only highs is tough but he has his strengths so sad so many people gave up on him

God Confirm

OTG is still a thing, how many other characters you know in this game who get to meterburn uppercut's / JiK's / NjK's etc for more damage than most characters get spending meter in combos?

OmGxBdON

Where have the tremor mains gone. This is so sad. Hope we get an amazing player to represent tremor in evo so he can show how the character is supposed to be played and that he is still good

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
The patch didn't make tremor terrible, just made rock drop not amazing anymore and otg is,t really a thing. He still has amazing tools and of course playing around having only highs is tough but he has his strengths so sad so many people gave up on him
I should specify. Tremor isn't completely useless. But viability with Tremor in a top 8/16/32 isn't too high. He'said a solid character, but definitely not the best

OmGxBdON

I should specify. Tremor isn't completely useless. But viability with Tremor in a top 8/16/32 isn't too high. He'said a solid character, but definitely not the best
No one plays him anymore no one gives him the time of day no wonder he doesn't get into top 8 etc. the nerf wasn't bad at all, he was definently better before but he has so many tools that no one even looked at

The Highlander

There can be only one
No one plays him anymore no one gives him the time of day no wonder he doesn't get into top 8 etc. the nerf wasn't bad at all, he was definently better before but he has so many tools that no one even looked at
It's a matter of ease. Why would you play Tremor for a lame OTG, some decent space control and frame traps when you can play Johnny and get guaranteed frame traps, or Mileena with superior and easier zoning (and frame traps), or Alien for some insane space control on top of a 50/50. For us at mid level it doesn't really matter because Tremor being cool af is more important than how easy it is to win. For while he's not bad by any means, he lacks match-ups where he destroys people and has losing ones. Much better from a tournament perspective to play a character that has multiple 7-3's and very few losing match-ups...

FGF111

Noob
It's a matter of ease. Why would you play Tremor for a lame OTG, some decent space control and frame traps when you can play Johnny and get guaranteed frame traps, or Mileena with superior and easier zoning (and frame traps), or Alien for some insane space control on top of a 50/50. For us at mid level it doesn't really matter because Tremor being cool af is more important than how easy it is to win. For while he's not bad by any means, he lacks match-ups where he destroys people and has losing ones. Much better from a tournament perspective to play a character that has multiple 7-3's and very few losing match-ups...
Very true, Tremor may not be bad Per se, but there are just so many characters that do what he does so much better and from a competitive standpoint there is no reason to use him at all, that's why everyone dropped him and you don't see any Tremors in tourneys anymore. This isn't just a Tremor problem either, the same can be said for many other characters/variations unfortunately, like Cryo, Hellfire, All Kitanas, Sun God, etc, etc...

God Confirm

Very true, Tremor may not be bad Per se, but there are just so many characters that do what he does so much better and from a competitive standpoint there is no reason to use him at all, that's why everyone dropped him and you don't see any Tremors in tourneys anymore. This isn't just a Tremor problem either, the same can be said for many other characters/variations unfortunately, like Cryo, Hellfire, All Kitanas, Sun God, etc, etc...
Yeah, Tremor isn't one of the top 5 marauders. But that's ok there's only 5 of them and every character can't be there, Tremor is in a perfectly good spot and definitely capable of winning anywhere, as are most the characters you just mentioned. Specially Sun God. He's legit as hell

OmGxBdON

I understand that but his space control isn't decent, it's really good and he doesn't have frame traps besides f121 and the flash armor, bf4 ex. Also bf4 depending on the distance. He zones Johnny out, and yes alien does a better job at spacing but that's alien. Tremors a zoning character and he struggles where he can't use this to his advantage.(aftershock) I'm not saying he's top 5 by all means but he can definitely do some work in tournaments.