What's new

Question - Shinnok With the KP2 patch coming up, what buffs/nerfs should Shinnok receive

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Just armor on EX Bone Grab and a minor hitbox adjustment (for catching Tanya, Sonya, Jacqui and Devorah running).

If anything that needs to be nerfed...and this would be more of a universal adjustment IMO, is D4 (or any low profiling moves) to have more whiff recovery.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
But it's not safe pressure, 22 frames is reactable lol.
Even if they armored (and they didn't when i was using it as pressure) they still got tagged by it....hey its how i play the character and it works in ny experience, so im wanting buffs for me lol

HanSolo

Noob
I tend to agree with usedcar, the damage is lacking, maybe in exchange for taking away d4 hellsparks we get a few extra percent on our bnbs?

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Shinnok could use a damage buff.
He needs to spend a bar to get 30% midscreen and his damage doesn't go up in the corner
meanwhile many other characters get around 30% meterless and/or 40ish% for 1 bar.
Shinnok needs his meter for pressure because he doesn't have stagger strings.
Impostor can do 47% in the corner off a B3 for 1 bar, so once he's universally buffed should Mimicry's damage be nerfed?

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
Making D4 hellsparks not a true string would buff shinnok, just like how making Kung Lao's EX hat less + buffed him.

Instead of something that's guaranteed that only does a certain amount of chip, you're opening up a mind game where Shinnok can either just get the same thing, or bait out meter. The only downside is that your opponent can now hit you with meter, but again, they have to use resources. The reason Shinnok's restand or EX hellparks on block feel much more balanced now to me, is because you can escape by backdashing, or even jumping out of most of the options. If the only way out is by spending meter, then it's not really making the move weaker imo. Just creates a very one sided mind game.

I think Boneshaper is fine, haven't messed with the other variations too much. One thing that bothers me is that his D2 is a mid. Why is this? It doesn't break the game, just seems like a weird perk, that other characters don't have.

Just my opinion.

Wigy

There it is...
Remove d4 hellsparks, increase whiff recovery on hellsparks, decrease time you have to mb,

If there was a way to make him not super braindead that would be nice

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I feel like he needs to mkx treatment and actually have to think before he does a move.

D4xxhellsparks shouldnt be true
Air teleport have recovery frames on landing
Increase the recovery of hellsparks

Now before everyone calls me a hater, here are some positive changes I'd like to see;

None. Fuck him

Making D4 hellsparks not a true string would buff shinnok, just like how making Kung Lao's EX hat less + buffed him.

Instead of something that's guaranteed that only does a certain amount of chip, you're opening up a mind game where Shinnok can either just get the same thing, or bait out meter. The only downside is that your opponent can now hit you with meter, but again, they have to use resources. The reason Shinnok's restand or EX hellparks on block feel much more balanced now to me, is because you can escape by backdashing, or even jumping out of most of the options. If the only way out is by spending meter, then it's not really making the move weaker imo. Just creates a very one sided mind game.

I think Boneshaper is fine, haven't messed with the other variations too much. One thing that bothers me is that his D2 is a mid. Why is this? It doesn't break the game, just seems like a weird perk, that other characters don't have.

Just my opinion.
I think Shinnok needs D4xxHS for meter build and keep-out. If there's a mindgame around it than its just going to hurt Shinnok.
making D4xxHS armorable/backdashable wouldn't really help out characters that already get destroyed by HS like Cassie and D'vorah.
Cassie's EX flipkick would probably whiff on max range D4xxHS and D'vorah's armor doesn't launch so its not a huge deal anyway and
both those characters would still get destroyed by Shinnok's zoning regardless of D4xxHS.

It's just going to hurt him against characters with super powerful rushdown tools and safe armor like Tremor and Tanya.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
NECROMANCER
hand grab hits low or is fast enough to aa with or has armor on the ex version
better tracking on flick
unblockable is cancellable
brutality on the hand grab

IMPOSTOR
steals ex electicity from raiden
steals ex punches from takeda
steals reflect from kenshi
steals ex jump move thing from predator or get the chance to mimicry while invisible at the price of invisibility itself
maybe steals shoulder from jason, not sure about this one

BONE SHAPER
I know I'm going to receive a lot of hate for this, but I still think that the beam should to be -8 on block

UNIVERSAL
less push back on ex shoulder charge so that you can juggle it into BS's scepter or maybe even universal's f22
hitbox fixes on 11
hitbox fixes on f22
no gap between f224 and special
d4 doesn't jail in hls
the idea of 3 hitting low sounds nice
amulet strike is -5? on block
ji1 needs a range nerf, like many other jump attacks
brutality on xray's bitch slap <3

...but honestly I just would like to receive no nerfs

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
NECROMANCER
better tracking on flick
unblockable is cancellable
brutality on the hang grab

IMPOSTOR
steals ex electicity from raiden
steals ex punches from takeda
steals reflect from kenshi

BONE SHAPER
I know I'm going to receive a lot of hate for this, but I still think that the beam should to be -8 on block

UNIVERSAL
less push back on ex shoulder charge so that you can juggle it into BS's scepter or maybe even f22
no gap between f224 and special
d4 doesn't jail in hls
the idea of 3 hitting low sounds nice
ji1 needs a range nerf, like many other jump attacks
brrutality on xray's bitch slap <3

...but honestly I just would like to receive no nerfs
What does imposter get from kenshi now? Also I agree with your necromancer

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I want the amulet in Impostor and Necro to be safe, like -5. Impostor needs to be able to combo from the Mimicry after the Ex Shoulder midscreen. And some better stolen moves choices for Takeda, Jason etc. Maybe create an Ex version of the mimicry which grants a variation specific stolen move.
MB on the mimicry for a better move steal isn't really viable for a character as meter dependent as shinnok, but man I would love it to swag a bit in the lab!

EDIT: unless you steal armor with that ex mimicry! oh my god yes! please, make it happen!

E

Eldriken

MB on the mimicry for a better move steal isn't really viable for a character as meter dependent as shinnok, but man I would love it to swag a bit in the lab!

EDIT: unless you steal armor with that ex mimicry! oh my god yes! please, make it happen!
EX Mimicry gives you that move's EX properties. Imagine if you could EX Mimicry Goro's EX Punchwalk. lololol

E

Eldriken

standard mimicry already gives ex moves sometimes actually, but ye, I would love to see shinnok do punchwalk!
Well, I meant mainly for armor purposes. I know he steal's Kotal's air grab and it functions like the EX air grab, the lucky bastard. >=O

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Well, I meant mainly for armor purposes. I know he steal's Kotal's air grab and it functions like the EX air grab, the lucky bastard. >=O
I still think that Shinnok almost would never go for that option, but I would love to have it to add some spice!